Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DRAFT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
sport1016
DRAFT TODAY-AT 6.........which seems early to me, i thought it was at 7 or 730 last year....

What's gonna happen? Kobe? KG? Randolph? Noah? Hawes? Yi? Another small forward?!?!?

Personally I hope Noah is gone by 9 and Hawes or Yi remains. I fear Pax/Skiles would take him. But more than all of that I hope the only Rookie on the active roster next year is the 2nd rounder who replaces duhon when he and the #9 and more are traded for a VETERAN.

So what's this thread for?

Last chance for predictions?
Pre draft exciment exploding from my every orifice?
Having a good place to put "NEW" news?

Ding ding! That's right Johnny let's tell him what he's won! (It's a two year guaranteed contract with an NBDL team of your choice (not valid during certain blackout dates) Yeah!)

Use this thread for any BRAND NEW news. A lot of new rumors and truths will be coming out all day today as ESPN's knuckleheads amp up their cell phone bills. It was probably around 3 pm last year when it came out that the Bulls would draft LA but trade him for TT.

So instead of posting new stuff with the similar but different older rumors that we've been kicking around for a month, put them here, where they can all be seen together. And you don't want to miss any trades going down! So put stuff here. So no one does. If you want to.
Steve9347
Man, watching highlights of Yi... guy can explode and beat people off the dribble... please give me!
madisonsmadhouse
Yi isn't going to be there at #9, he is flying up the charts. Atlanta might even take him at #3, which would really mess a lot of draft boards up.
Steve9347
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 28 2007, 12:24 PM) *
Yi isn't going to be there at #9, he is flying up the charts. Atlanta might even take him at #3, which would really mess a lot of draft boards up.

you never know... hopefully his declaring he wants to play only for the bulls or the warriors does in fact scare some teams off.
madisonsmadhouse
It doesn't sound like anyone is taking his or Noah's "requests" too seriously.
soxfan101
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 28 2007, 12:24 PM) *

If he last past 3,4, and 5 he can very well make it to us at 9. I dont think the Grizzlies will take him and Hawks from most accounts are going to take Horford. The Celtics are the only team im really scared might take him but they have been rumored to take like 4-5 different guys so who knows anymore. They did say they want someone that will contribute right away because they believe they are a playoff team, which leads you to believe that pick could be Brewer/Green a polished college kid.
b-riann
yi said he wont go to memphis. i think possibly MJ will talk him into being a bobcat
DutheDoduhon21
i heard Yi will go as early as atlanta at 3, 5 to celtics and the bucks say if he is there at 6 they will take him even if he doesnt want to go to a small city.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 28 2007, 07:55 AM) *
Man, watching highlights of Yi... guy can explode and beat people off the dribble... please give me!

I would love Yi but he is just shooting up draft boards. He won't be there at 9.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jun 28 2007, 12:55 PM) *
If he last past 3,4, and 5 he can very well make it to us at 9. I dont think the Grizzlies will take him and Hawks from most accounts are going to take Horford. The Celtics are the only team im really scared might take him but they have been rumored to take like 4-5 different guys so who knows anymore. They did say they want someone that will contribute right away because they believe they are a playoff team, which leads you to believe that pick could be Brewer/Green a polished college kid.

I would agree with most of this. Atlanta definitely seems to be leaning towards Horford, and I don't see Memphis taking him. It sounds like they want to appease Pierce a bit, so that would lead me to believe they'll take Brewer, which means Yi very well could fall to us.

It's so hard to know if what you hear is accurate or just total BS floated out there to throw people off...
Chisoxfn
There is a rumor over on RealGM (nothing from a paper just someone claming to be in the know) that the Bulls are talking with the Hawks about moving Gordon for the #3 pick.

The Bulls would than reportedly take Horford and use the #9 pick to take a guard, such as Corey Brewer.

Take it for what its worth, probably nothing, but figured I'd post it anyway.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2007, 01:26 PM) *
There is a rumor over on RealGM (nothing from a paper just someone claming to be in the know) that the Bulls are talking with the Hawks about moving Gordon for the #3 pick.

The Bulls would than reportedly take Horford and use the #9 pick to take a guard, such as Corey Brewer.

Take it for what its worth, probably nothing, but figured I'd post it anyway.

That would be ideal. It would get the Bulls their two biggest goals, and free up some long term cash. The would get a scoring big man, and a big guard. Wow.
SoxFan1
Everybody, lets all join hands in prayer that Paxson doesn't select Joakim Noah or some lengthy SF with no real game...
sport1016
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2007, 01:33 PM) *
Everybody, lets all join hands in prayer that Paxson doesn't select Joakim Noah or some lengthy SF with no real game...

kumbayaaaaa.....

Seriously it'd be nice to get Yi. But if ATL and Boston both pass i keep reading Milwaukee will take Yi basically out of spite for not being on "the list."

Yi may never play there though, as the chinese govt might try to intervene.

Enter Paxson will a trey full of trade options!!!
eddog2
That would be good, but we'd still need to find a great 3 point shooter to come in off the bench. Brewer won't be that for several years if ever. I love Brewer and I could learn to love Horford's game b/c I think he's really talented. However, I think we'd have to add a significant free agent threat that can hit the 3 on a consistent basis.

I just don't think Kirk will shoot over 40% from the arc when there is no Gordon creating space for him on the perimeter.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
If Noah is available at nine im told the Bulls won't pass him up. According to "Doug Thonus" who is a moderator on RealGM who also is a Bulls podcaster and writer says Noah is number 1 on the Bulls draft board. Take it for what its worth but I'll personally throw my remote at the TV if we take him!
Serbbojo
glad its draft day!! but seriously taking Noah makes no sense. Hes basically the same type of player as Thomas.
Clifton Pondexter
I would much rather have Noah than Hawes. Be leary of 7 footers who can't rebound, especially in college when they are much bigger than everyone else. Mark my words, 3 years from now people will be scratching their heads as to why Hawes was a lottery pick. And his footwork, big deal, that was Stacey King's forte as well.,
eddog2
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2007, 01:57 PM) *
If Noah is available at nine im told the Bulls won't pass him up. According to "Doug Thonus" who is a moderator on RealGM who also is a Bulls podcaster and writer says Noah is number 1 on the Bulls draft board. Take it for what its worth but I'll personally throw my remote at the TV if we take him!

If, and only if, we traded Gordon for the 3rd pick and took Horford with the 3, then I'd have no problem taking Noah at 9. He'd be able to replace Wallace in 3 years and he'd probably be a very good compliment to Horford since they've already played together for so long. I really think that would work out.

Of course, we'd have to start Thabo at SG next year unless we could find another SG. How about Deshawn Stevensen, Matt Barnes (who is a hustle player), or even a sign and trade for Rashard Lewis with us sending Nocioni & a future pick or Nocioni & Duhon. Lewis is really a 3 but probably could play the 2. The Lewis proposal would give us a rediculous lineup:

Wallace/Noah (maybe PJ)
Horford/Tyrus/(maybe PJ)
Deng/Khryapa
Lewis/Sefolosha
Hinrich/Sefolosha

Or maybe we could sign Barnes and Stevensen for pretty reasonable contracts and we'd have Stevensen as a starter unless Thabo significantly improves and we could use Barnes as a bench player at 2/3.
madisonsmadhouse
If we came out of the draft with both Noah and Horford while dealing only Gordon, I would be thrilled. It is infinately easier to find a one dimensional short scoring guard, than it is to find talented big men.
Serbbojo
Eddy Curry still cant rebound, but he was a damn good scorer and every1 wants him back.

Besides we got one of the best rebounders in the game who will be standing beside him along with some pretty good rebounding small forwards and tyrus thomas. We lead the league in rebounding last year so I think we can risk finally taking a player with scoring ability over a player with defensive abilities and rebounding.
sport1016
stacey king could only go right, that's why he never developed into a starter

oh and we had that horace guy

Chad Ford's newest mock echoes the comments here

Yi will not be there at 9. If Noah is there we will take him. If Noah isnt there it's hawes.

Damn

Its too bad bc if we sign a FA or make a trade for a veteran post player, it'll be great that we have noah bc he's ready now to get into the rotation and contribute some rebounding/defense off the bench.

A front court with

FA or trade/TT
Wallace/Noah

would be great and ready to make a title run

But if we can't get a veteran post player this offseason, this could be a great chance to get that post guy without having to give up big money or players we like

Taking Noah or Hawes cannot be adequately judged until we know what other bigs we get next month.

Chad Ford had us getting Marc gasol (burlier and more defense oriented than Pau but not the same O) and DJ strawberry (could become a lock down defensive SG, can also play point...peace Du) with 49 and 51...that'd be nice!
Serbbojo
getting Marc Gasol in the second round would be a steal, though i dont think hes gonna fall that low
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Serbbojo @ Jun 28 2007, 02:22 PM) *
getting Marc Gasol in the second round would be a steal, though i dont think hes gonna fall that low

I could see it, everything I've read about him suggests that he's a slightly overweight Spencer Hawes with less touch...
soxfan3530
I think everyone should get prepared to be pissed off/disappointed. I dont see any trades happening unless someone slips that everyone wants like a conley jr. I think Noah will be the guy or Hawes. Honestly, I'm not to wild about either of them but oh well. Really wish Yi would slip but he won't.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2007, 11:57 AM) *

It wouldn't shock me. I don't think Noah is number on the Bulls board, but by the time we are picking there is a good chance he will be #1 on it.

I actually don't have a problem if we do draft Noah because I like the attitude and athletism he would bring to the table.
Wanne
I will puke if Noah is a Bull.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Crittenton would be nice to have, but not at number 9. Unless we trade for a low post scorer tonight we won't be drafting a guard. Its going to be either Noah or Hawes, Im not big on any of them but they'll be the best available unless a guy like Yi or Brewer slips.
dasox24
I'm gonna cover two topics brought up in this thread:
1) BG for #3 (Horford) and then drafting a SG at #9 would be a great way of adding a scoring big and adding height at the 2-guard spot. The reason I don't see this as being realistic is we'd be adding two rookies to the team, both of which would be counted on for big minutes and we know how finicky Skiles is about rooks.

2) Gasol is really not that good. He couldn't even get any scholarship offers out of high school. I know b/c my high school played his team every year and we always beat them even though they had a 6'11' center and Jerry West's kid (Johnny) who's on scholarship at West Virginia. So, he goes overseas and all of a sudden is a great foreign prospect. Give me a break...
sport1016
Please Kevin Mchale, take Noah at #7................

I didn't like the Tyrus pick last year
(clutching my head, rocking back and forth)
heirdog
My predictions on what Pax will do:

1) Ben Gordon and #9 will be traded to ATL for #3 and Shelden (need to replace the potential loss of another former Dukie). Bulls will draft Horford and have a young group of PFs to run with Deng and Wallace (three-headed monster with Tyrus, Al, and Shelden). You may think the trade is lopsided against the Bulls (why not just keep a 20+ scorer in Ben and draft a Noah or Hawes) but we can't pay everybody and with Deng due a large extension, and Nocioni likely resigned (he is a good 3 pt shooter and Bulls-type player), we won't have cap space.

2) Duhon+49+51 traded for a late first rounder (Lakers at 19 or Heat at 20). Use the pick to draft Javaris Crittenton.

3) We will make a push for Gerald Wallace but don't think we'll be able to sign him. We will end up using MLE on another 2G (not sure who at this point but will be a scorer/shooter type)

Starters at start of season:
PG- Hinrich (will take on more shooting/passing/scoring role with Thabo guarding opponents best guard)

SG- Thabo (will guard the toughest guard from other team keeping Hinrich fresh and out of foul trouble)

SF- Deng (will become the 20+ scorer and great all-around player)

PF- Thomas (will develop some post moves and will be a pick and roll nightmare for opposition)

C- Wallace (defensive stallwart)

Bench:
SF- Nocioni (will be the 6th man and provide the energy spark off the bench)

PF- Horford (will provide the post offense, mid range game and rebounding...may eventually start opposite Wallace as season wears on unless Tyrus develops quickly offensively)

PF/C- Shelden (will give Ben breathers and play 15-20 minutes at PF/C)

SG- FA signing (more of a shooting 2G that will eventually lose minutes to Crittenton)

PG- Crittenton (he's not ready yet but will be part of the guard rotation of the future)

Deep Bench:

G- Griffin (will get minutes in blow outs and when team looks out of control)

F- Khryapa (will get streaky minutes)

Roster (Injured Reserve) will be filled out with non-roster invitees from summer camp & undrafted FAs
maggsmaggs
QUOTE (heirdog @ Jun 28 2007, 03:46 PM) *
My predictions on what Pax will do:

1) Ben Gordon and #9 will be traded to ATL for #3 and Shelden (need to replace the potential loss of another former Dukie). Bulls will draft Horford and have a young group of PFs to run with Deng and Wallace (three-headed monster with Tyrus, Al, and Shelden). You may think the trade is lopsided against the Bulls (why not just keep a 20+ scorer in Ben and draft a Noah or Hawes) but we can't pay everybody and with Deng due a large extension, and Nocioni likely resigned (he is a good 3 pt shooter and Bulls-type player), we won't have cap space.

2) Duhon+49+51 traded for a late first rounder (Lakers at 19 or Heat at 20). Use the pick to draft Javaris Crittenton.

3) We will make a push for Gerald Wallace but don't think we'll be able to sign him. We will end up using MLE on another 2G (not sure who at this point but will be a scorer/shooter type)
Starters at start of season:
PG- Hinrich (will take on more shooting/passing/scoring role with Thabo guarding opponents best guard)

SG- Thabo (will guard the toughest guard from other team keeping Hinrich fresh and out of foul trouble)

SF- Deng (will become the 20+ scorer and great all-around player)

PF- Thomas (will develop some post moves and will be a pick and roll nightmare for opposition)

C- Wallace (defensive stallwart)

Bench:
SF- Nocioni (will be the 6th man and provide the energy spark off the bench)

PF- Horford (will provide the post offense, mid range game and rebounding...may eventually start opposite Wallace as season wears on unless Tyrus develops quickly offensively)

PF/C- Shelden (will give Ben breathers and play 15-20 minutes at PF/C)

SG- FA signing (more of a shooting 2G that will eventually lose minutes to Crittenton)

PG- Crittenton (he's not ready yet but will be part of the guard rotation of the future)

Deep Bench:

G- Griffin (will get minutes in blow outs and when team looks out of control)

F- Khryapa (will get streaky minutes)

Roster (Injured Reserve) will be filled out with non-roster invitees from summer camp & undrafted FAs

That team might be a .500 team at best. You have two good scorers in the starting lineup and that's just not enough. Ben is our best scorer and needs to stay. I would puke if that was our team. I just don't get why we would take two steps back like that when we are so close as is.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 28 2007, 03:29 PM) *
I'm gonna cover two topics brought up in this thread:

2) Gasol is really not that good. He couldn't even get any scholarship offers out of high school. I know b/c my high school played his team every year and we always beat them even though they had a 6'11' center and Jerry West's kid (Johnny) who's on scholarship at West Virginia. So, he goes overseas and all of a sudden is a great foreign prospect. Give me a break...

Agreed on this second part, GM's not seeing you as much definitely helps. I can't remember who it was, but some college/young pro post player had a great line, "You know, I don't have a whole lot of hype, but if I moved to Europe to play for a couple of years and changed my last name to Ramonovic I could probably be a 1st rounder in 2 years." tongue.gif

Obviously that's not true of all foreigners, but if you're 7-feet tall or close to it and have a pulse, you'll at least get some looks from the pros...
SoxFan1
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 28 2007, 03:36 PM) *
Please Kevin Mchale, take Noah at #7................
(clutching my head, rocking back and forth)

^^^^^^^^x infinity
cars
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2007, 04:14 PM) *
Agreed on this second part, GM's not seeing you as much definitely helps. I can't remember who it was, but some college/young pro post player had a great line, "You know, I don't have a whole lot of hype, but if I moved to Europe to play for a couple of years and changed my last name to Ramonovic I could probably be a 1st rounder in 2 years." tongue.gif

Obviously that's not true of all foreigners, but if you're 7-feet tall or close to it and have a pulse, you'll at least get some looks from the pros...

That was Mr. Jason Kapono a few years ago as he came out of UCLA.
ChicagoBullsMadison
no noah!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.