Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wow, at least we have good ownership
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
cars
I was reading today that the reason that the 3 way trade may happen with Atlanta stopped because the ownership, which is suing the pants out of each other, had one owner decide he didn't want to go over the cap for Amare Stoudemire.

That ownership situation makes Sterling look like a great guy.
Steve9347
id instantly stop being a hawks fan if i heard that...
ZoomSlowik
That situation is a mess, and it goes back a while. It really started back a while ago because one of the owners (quite possibly the same guy) didn't want to bring Joe Johnson in and sign him to a longterm deal for a similar reason.

They should probably stop listening to that guy...
madisonsmadhouse
The Hawks might be the biggest mess in professional sports right now. Even teams with bad ownership are at least going in some direction. Atlanta is going no where.
Steve9347
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 28 2007, 12:18 PM) *
The Hawks might be the biggest mess in professional sports right now. Even teams with bad ownership are at least going in some direction. Atlanta is going no where.

Well, I'd have to say Atlanta has a lot of young kids I'd like to see on my team. Actually, putting Amare on that team would give them a hell of a lineup with

Zaza
Amare
Smith
Johnson
Speedy/Tyronn

and marvin williams and salim stoudamire off the bench? depending on what they gave up in a potential amare deal... they'd be the perfect fit.

they could also use a PG upgrade over the speedy/tyronn lue committee.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 28 2007, 12:31 PM) *
Well, I'd have to say Atlanta has a lot of young kids I'd like to see on my team. Actually, putting Amare on that team would give them a hell of a lineup with

Zaza
Amare
Smith
Johnson
Speedy/Tyronn

and marvin williams and salim stoudamire off the bench? depending on what they gave up in a potential amare deal... they'd be the perfect fit.

they could also use a PG upgrade over the speedy/tyronn lue committee.

They wouldn't have that problem had they taken Deron Williams or Chris Paul like they should have instead of their 4th SF in Marvin Williams. blink.gif
Chisoxfn
Ya that was terrible by the Hawks. However, I think they could really pay off if they get Yi simply because of the potential financial windfalls that could come there way by having a Chinese Star on there squad.
sport1016
Yeah i wasnt sobbing too much when i found out the trade fell through

Amare + Joe Johnson + Josh Smith is enough talent to win a championship

IF they had a championship caliber PG--and im not talking anyone special. If they had someone like Kirk or TJ ford level, or maybe even a little worse like Jarrett Jack/Jose Calderson level.

It's mind numbing how a team cant see a gift like getting amare--its instant playoffs--and merchandise and ticket sales increase

damn...i guess we're LUCKY they are STUPID
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.