Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What about Brandon Wright?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
urlacher1285
So Brandon Wright is slipping down the charts, if he is available and so it Noah/Hawes, would you take him?
cars
I for one would not. I just dont' see his dedication to the game. To me he gives us the same thing as Tyrus Thomas, just not as athletic.
Steve9347
Yi > Hawes > Wright > Noah

There you go, that's my order...
ZoomSlowik
Good potential, but bad fit for the team. He's WAY too similar to Tyrus, he's that same long, lanky, athletic guy that is a project. He could be a star, but it'll be a few years down the road. He's going to need to bulk up a fair amount to be effective in the post in the NBA, which definitely makes him a more long term prospect.

I would guess the major reason teams are souring on him is his perceived lack of work ethic. I personally try not to speculate on that too much, I don't know what the guy does outside of game situations. He does give you the impression that he doesn't really have the intensity or drive to excell, but people said the same thing about Duncan and Robinson when they first came out because they had quiet personalities. I personally don't know him well enough to know which it is...
madisonsmadhouse
Its hard to pass on this guy if he is there. I guess it comes down to his character, and if Pax/Skiles think he could handle the rigid disispline of this team.
soxfan101
Id definitely take him. Talent wise he will be way better than anyone else at 9 and unlike Tyrus he already has a low post game. Also I think he can definitely bulk up easier than Tyrus allowing him to play some 5 in the future.
b-riann
i would take him if he fell. i have wanted hawes for some time now, but ive heard he will barely play his 1st year, since hes only played about 49 games in his career. i heard we may take yi. but if wright falls to us, i want him
Chisoxfn
I definitely think Wright is going to end up being the guy in the teens that turns into a very good player. I wouldn't be upset if we took him, however, I really am a Hawes fan.

If the squad moved down I wouldn't mind going with Jason Smith/Brandon Wright (or if they picked up another first rounder).
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2007, 01:08 PM) *
I definitely think Wright is going to end up being the guy in the teens that turns into a very good player. I wouldn't be upset if we took him, however, I really am a Hawes fan.

If the squad moved down I wouldn't mind going with Jason Smith/Brandon Wright (or if they picked up another first rounder).

I'd be VERY surprised if he made it past Sacramento at #10...
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2007, 11:12 AM) *
I'd be VERY surprised if he made it past Sacramento at #10...

Ya, I tend to agree Wright goes off the board with the Kings. Still, the Kings have so many needs albeit they have no low post players of any sort (Brad Miller counts, but he's getting older and far less productive).
SoxFan1
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 28 2007, 10:33 AM) *
Yi > Hawes > Wright > Noah
There you go, that's my order...

I'm scared. We are agreeing on too much lately...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.