Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Draft Day Thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Chisoxfn
Enjoy!!!!
GreatScott82
As of right now i expect the Bulls will draft Spencer Hawes with the 9th pick. I just don't see Pax pulling off any trades this year. If Noah is still available, i hope Pax still goes with Hawes now that i think about it. Noah would be a great energy spark off the bench, but he wouldn't provide the team w/ their biggest weakness- that damn low post presence we've been missing since Curry had a regular heart beat.

My biggest concern is that it will take some time for Hawes to develop at the pro level.
SoxFan1
Please don't pick Tyrus Thomas part 2. Last year I wanted Aldridge, and we got Thomas. This year, I want Hawes, and we get....
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Noah sad.gif
dasox24
I can't believe this day is finally here. Hoorah for the draft!
SoxFan1
Less than an hour and a half to go. 7 hours until the Bulls pick...laugh.gif
sport1016
its not the NFL
SoxFan1
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 28 2007, 05:10 PM) *
its not the NFL

Ok, 5 hours until we pick.
soxfan101
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2007, 01:35 PM) *
Please don't pick Tyrus Thomas part 2. Last year I wanted Aldridge, and we got Thomas. This year, I want Hawes, and we get....

I dont think Hawes is nearly as good as everyone here makes him out to be. Only because after Oden he is the 2nd best C is to me the only real reason he is getting so much love.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Jun 28 2007, 05:38 PM) *
I dont think Hawes is nearly as good as everyone here makes him out to be. Only because after Oden he is the 2nd best C is to me the only real reason he is getting so much love.

He has a better low post game than Oden, how much does that say?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2007, 05:40 PM) *
He has a better low post game than Oden, how much does that say?

I beg to differ. Oden was playing with one hand until late in those NCAA tourney games. He had 25 and 12 in the Championship game where he was nearly 100%. Now is where will get to see him play at full strength because he was shooting with his opposite hand which made him look worse. Certainly at this point he doesn't have great post moves but his strength and the ability to use his strong hand puts him ahead of Hawes IMO.
DrunkBomber
Man, Noah is a real odd bird
greasywheels121
Cheese doodles.
SoxFan1
Sources say Oden 1, Durant 2. Hawks take Horford 3, Memphis takes Conley 4. Celts trade 5th pick for Ray Allen, Sonics pick Green. Bucks take Yi 6th. Pacers then, still suck.
greasywheels121
No argument here.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Nobody wants to go to Boston, can Ainge just stfu so we can quit hearing rumors about how their going to trade to get better (worse).

Im anxious to see if they're any trades and if there are if its the Bulls.
Chisoxfn
Wow...5th pick for Ray Allen. That seems like a low return for the Sonics. I also don't see how Allen really fits in with Pierce there. Unless they have a Pierce deal in the works.

Closing in on this thing. I'm surprised there have been like no rumors.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
And were underway!
DrunkBomber
Any chance of Durant going first?

Man, Portland is gonna be tough for years to come
SoxFan1
Oden it is.
DrunkBomber
Awwwwww, no upsets

Are they gonna even waste the time to wait for the second pick.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I hate stuart scott.. Anyone else?
SoxFan1
Oden freaking sounds like Chewbacca.
DrunkBomber
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2007, 06:40 PM) *
I hate stuart scott.. Anyone else?

Not as much as I despise Stephan A. Smith
SoxFan1
Allen to Boston for 5, West, Sczerbiak = done.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Damn Jeff Green will be gone, I wanted him...
AirScott
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2007, 06:41 PM) *

There's gotta be a follow-up deal with Pierce. I just don't know how this makes sense otherwise.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (AirScott @ Jun 28 2007, 04:43 PM) *
There's gotta be a follow-up deal with Pierce. I just don't know how this makes sense otherwise.

No doubt...but with Ainge you never know. Afterall he traded for 18 zillion point guards last year.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
So now its going to be Al Horford I presume
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2007, 06:44 PM) *
So now its going to be Al Horford I presume

Supposedly yes, then Conley, then Green.
AirScott
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2007, 06:44 PM) *
No doubt...but with Ainge you never know. Afterall he traded for 18 zillion point guards last year.

You'd think he played in a different era. Hard to believe he's college-educated.
sport1016
if jeff green goes 5

all it is gonna take is the chinese govt refusing to send Yi to Milwaukee

and he's ours!!!
DrunkBomber
Poor Oden and Durant...theres not a whole lot going on in Seattle and Portland. At least whoever comes here can get in fights outside of night clubs and stuff.
SoxFan1
Horford. Yup.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 28 2007, 04:46 PM) *
if jeff green goes 5

all it is gonna take is the chinese govt refusing to send Yi to Milwaukee

and he's ours!!!

Golden State is trying to move up.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
There goes the next Elton Brand..
DrunkBomber
I like the Horford pick, but looking at Atlantas picks the past few years and they have been terrible.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 28 2007, 04:49 PM) *
I like the Horford pick, but looking at Atlantas picks the past few years and they have been terrible.

Ya, Atlanta doesn't have a plan. Amare would have looked good there with Joe Johnson.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Im still wondering why they ever picked Marvin Williams?
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2007, 04:50 PM) *
Im still wondering why they ever picked Marvin Williams?

Williams was insanely touted but super raw and Atlanta hasn't been able to develop squat. They also have a completely gluttony of wing players.
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2007, 06:41 PM) *

The Celtics are in denial if they think Ray Allen is gonna make them a contender. He'll make them better, but the whole goal is to win a championship, right? I don't see how a trade like this accomplished that. They need to strap it up and rebuild the right way by taking high quality, hard working draft pics (i.e. the Bulls). Now, they just got older when they need to be getting younger. Ainge sucks.

As for Atlanta drafting Horford, I hope this comes back to bite the Hawks in the ass. I know it's been known for awhile that they'd take Horford, but I really really wanted Memphis to get him to put him next to Pau. Oh well...
DrunkBomber
The first thing you need to know about moving to Atlanta is, The first rule of Mike Vicks doggy fight club is DONT TALK ABOUT DOGGY FIGHT CLUB!
SoxFan1
Conley. ESPN is right on so far.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
So far, nothing has changed. Everything going how we expected except for that Celtic deal.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2007, 06:12 PM) *
Sources say Oden 1, Durant 2. Hawks take Horford 3, Memphis takes Conley 4. Celts trade 5th pick for Ray Allen, Sonics pick Green. Bucks take Yi 6th. Pacers then, still suck.

So far, so good.
Chisoxfn
Apparently Memphis wanted that PG badly.

Does ESPN have draft coverage via streaming?
b-riann
oden
durant
horford
conley jr

i think jeff green is next, then will go to seattle. green and durant- not bad, eh
AirScott
I still don't like anyone in this draft on the Bulls. Can we still get Randolph?
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (b-riann @ Jun 28 2007, 04:55 PM) *
oden
durant
horford
conley jr

i think jeff green is next, then will go to seattle. green and durant- not bad, eh

Why wouldn't Seattle take a big (are they confident in Wilcox/Collison being those guys).
sport1016
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2007, 06:54 PM) *
Apparently Memphis wanted that PG badly.

Does ESPN have draft coverage via streaming?

yeah they have a draft cast

QUOTE (AirScott @ Jun 28 2007, 06:55 PM) *
I still don't like anyone in this draft on the Bulls. Can we still get Randolph?

i want randolph more than noah or hawes or yi........but that contract
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.