Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joakim Noah
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
sport1016
What we all forget is that a long time ago paxson said something to the effect of "the answer to our low post scoring isn't available in this draft outside of Greg Oden"

This pick falls in line with our WIN NOW mode.

Hawes could've been the pick if we are waiting to compete for a title 2-3 more years when TT matures and deng/gordon/hinrich get closer to their primes

But When we signed Ben Wallace, we went into win now mode.

Spencer Hawes would not have been our low post scoring savior next year. He is skilled, but having both inexperience AND a lack of athleticism against him he is going to have a hell of an adjustment.

Noah will be ready to back up at pf and c immediately. He can be a key reserve on a contender next year.

Paxson knows we still need a post scorer, he even admitted it in his post pick interview on ESPN.

So which is better for win now mode?
-Bring in hawes as your post scorer and get a reliable backup 4/5 in FA or via trade
-Sign veteran post player as noah's bball IQ and defense/rebounding will translate into being a reliable backup 4/5 immediately.

Win now mode? No question which way to go. If we need a post scorer to win it all in the next 2 years, that guy wasnt gonna be hawes. He might be Vlade Divac/Brad Miller in 4 years, but how does that help?
Steve9347
I'm happy. Noah will replace Wallace once Wallace is gone. I think you're right that this makes us more competitive now. I really think we'll try and address low post scoring with the second round picks. I really think we're going to try and get "Big Baby" from LSU by trading Duhon and a 2nd round pick sometime in the late 1st round or 2nd round.

Either way, I think we are going to trade Nocioni and Duhon or some combination of players to get another PF that can score.

I happy with this pick especially since there really were not many options besides Noah and Hawes left on the board.
dasox24
Count me in with those who are fine with the Noah pick. He wasn't my first choice, but I'm not gonna freak out about it. I think he'll be one helluva player defensively and like Steve said, he'll take over for Wallace when Wallace is gone. This could even open up trading TT (and others) for a scoring PF, as I think TT would have more trade value than Noah since TT has at least showed a glimpse of being a star in this league.
ChicagoBullsMadison
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 28 2007, 07:08 PM) *
I'm happy. Noah will replace Wallace once Wallace is gone. I think you're right that this makes us more competitive now. I really think we'll try and address low post scoring with the second round picks. I really think we're going to try and get "Big Baby" from LSU by trading Duhon and a 2nd round pick sometime in the late 1st round or 2nd round.

Either way, I think we are going to trade Nocioni and Duhon or some combination of players to get another PF that can score.

I happy with this pick especially since there really were not many options besides Noah and Hawes left on the board.

hell no! im fine with all this as long as we dont trade TT! TT is is our future pf
GreatScott82
Noah will be Wallace's back up for the next few seasons. TT will be our starting PF by the time the 2008 season is finished.

But for now Pax will sign a veteran PF who can score down low.
GreatScott82
Well this is our guy.....

Noah
dasox24
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 28 2007, 09:16 PM) *

Noah

laugh.gif Oh god, if we win an NBA Championship, I think Skiles needs to let it be known that there will be none of that during the postgame.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 28 2007, 09:16 PM) *

Noah

Oh god.
heirdog
That's after playing an entire game and at the end of a long season...the man has energy to burn. I love the pick for where we were picking. For all those who expect him to fill out and become a big center, its never gonna happen. We are an up tempo team and he fits right in. Hawes is not the answer and you draft BPA as opposed to need. He would have been our pick at 2 last year if he had come out so TT is the bonus. So it would be Noah and Hawes or TT and Noah. I much prefer the latter.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (heirdog @ Jun 28 2007, 10:25 PM) *
That's after playing an entire game and at the end of a long season...the man has energy to burn. I love the pick for where we were picking. For all those who expect him to fill out and become a big center, its never gonna happen. We are an up tempo team and he fits right in. Hawes is not the answer and you draft BPA as opposed to need. He would have been our pick at 2 last year if he had come out so TT is the bonus. So it would be Noah and Hawes or TT and Noah. I much prefer the latter.

None of that logic makes sense at all.
Chisoxfn
The thing I have to remind myself is that the Bulls play an up tempo game and I don't see how Hawes fits into that game. Noah on the other hand completely fits into there style of play.

Jermaine O'Neal, KG, Kobe are all guys that fit into it. Heck, I think you could make a case that Paul Gasol may not have even fit into the high stempo offense the Bulls tend to run (ie the squad loves to get out on the go in fast breaks, although we also have fantastic ball movement and a good half court offense).
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2007, 10:26 PM) *
The thing I have to remind myself is that the Bulls play an up tempo game and I don't see how Hawes fits into that game. Noah on the other hand completely fits into there style of play.

Jermaine O'Neal, KG, Kobe are all guys that fit into it. Heck, I think you could make a case that Paul Gasol may not have even fit into the high stempo offense the Bulls tend to run (ie the squad loves to get out on the go in fast breaks, although we also have fantastic ball movement and a good half court offense).

My god, we flip flop like John Kerry. We want low post scoring, but we play uptempto. And when we play uptempo and get no points in the pain, we want low post scoring.
Bullseye
Please tell me that Noah will at least be getting a haircut.
dasox24
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2007, 10:26 PM) *

That's true about Gasol. He is pretty slow up and down the court, which is why there was talk in Memphis that the Grizz might take Noah. Then, they would have traded Gasol b/c Iavaroni is going to install that Suns-style offense, which Gasol doesn't really fit.
heirdog
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2007, 09:26 PM) *
None of that logic makes sense at all.

Then you sir, need to get some sleep so you can think clearly. Let me paraphrase:

Noah a better player than Hawes so Noah = BPA
Noah no real low post moves but fits our current defensive-minded system: hustle, length, rebounding, blocking shots
Pax loved Noah last year and he would likely have been our pick, thus no TT pick last year
We get Noah this year so net result: Noah + TT

If we take Noah last year, then he is not here this draft and we likely take Hawes.

tongue.gif
Iguana
One thing about Noah, I can see him becoming one of those players opposing teams love to hate like Rasheed Wallace for Detroit.
SoxFan1
GRAY! YEA!
WHarris1
I like the Noah and Curry picks.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 28 2007, 10:50 PM) *
I like the Noah and Curry picks.

Me too! biggrin.gif
Da Bulls 88
What an awful pick, he is.
Chisoxfn
You never know what can happen. If by July 1st or July 15th we get an offer involving Noah that we like then yes we will trade him. If we grind it out, a trade can very well happen.

I just want to mention for those of you that don't like the pick, Paxson did say this during the press conference. *cough* Kobe *cough*.
DutheDoduhon21
im going to start being like bill parcells(sp?) and start calling noah "that player", i agree with what one of the guys on the draft said, the bulls will likely trade noah for a better low post scorer.

Please tell me that Noah will at least be getting a haircut

yeah i hope skiles tells him his hair looks rediculous, and he needs to cut it.
SoxFan1
Ladies and gentleman, I have figured out Joakim Noah's composition:

+ +
dasox24
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 29 2007, 12:10 PM) *
I just want to mention for those of you that don't like the pick, Paxson did say this during the press conference. *cough* Kobe *cough*.

Hmm, that's definitely interesting. Is that a direct quote or paraphrase?

As for Noah getting his hair cut, I doubt he will. Skiles may not allow headbands, but I don't think hair length is an issue as long as he wears it in a ponytail like he did in college.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 29 2007, 04:59 PM) *
Hmm, that's definitely interesting. Is that a direct quote or paraphrase?

As for Noah getting his hair cut, I doubt he will. Skiles may not allow headbands, but I don't think hair length is an issue as long as he wears it in a ponytail like he did in college.

Joe Crede and AJ Pierzynski may disagree.
dasox24
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 29 2007, 11:08 PM) *
Joe Crede and AJ Pierzynski may disagree.

I guess you're refering to JR's rules, though how come Ben Wallace doesn't have to cut his fro? That's a lot of hair. Only a little bit less than Noah. So does this mean that it's not okay if you have hair 12 inches below your head, but it is okay if you have hair 12 inches above your head? That's a double standard if you ask me.
eddog2
As was the case with Sampson, who's strength was in his hair (as well as other Greek Mythology people), cutting Noah's hair may render him useless.

I say let Noah be Noah and Wallace be Wallace. The Bulls have some dumb as rules.
RME JICO
Teams will have some matchup problems with TT and JN on the floor together. That will be an interesting combination. The Bulls will have a lot of 5 on 3's and 4 on 2's. They are looking more and more like Phoenix Suns East.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.