Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yi to demand trade
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...t.rehash/1.html

Yi's handlers did everything they could to keep him away from Milwaukee. The Bucks were not permitted to attend any of Yi's workouts and GM Larry Harris did not travel to China to see Yi play in person. According to league sources, Yi's representatives will ask the Bucks to trade Yi on Friday.

This shouldn't really come as a surprise. The only question is whether Yi was number 1 on the Bulls draft board or not. Paxson has identified the draft debate was between Yi/Hawes/Noah so if Yi was number 1 (above Noah) would the Bulls try to swap picks with the Bucks and could Chris Duhon end up being all it would take (Bucks need a PG and while Duhon typically wouldn't be worthy of moving up that many picks in the first round...with a gun potentially to the Bucks head it could become a possibility).
madisonsmadhouse
Interesting. I wonder if the Bulls explored any of this before the draft or not?
chimpy2121
Please make it happen Pax!
cars
I think Noah + Duhon + cash considerations should be enough to get that done.
Steve9347
I expect Paxson to do what he always does, and not make it happen.
sport1016
what's interesting is the top two choices for Yi's people were here and Golden state

But Golden state traded for Jason Smith already, and he's the exact duplicate with a lower ceiling

I think that would put us at the top of the list just ahead of the Lakers
Serbbojo
trade Nocioni and Duhon for Yi and a filler
eddog2
It would be amazing if we got Yi for Nocioni, Duhon, & some future picks. However, I doubt that would happen. The Bucks would probably not trade him to Chicago b/c we play in the east.

I think the Lakers would probably give up Bynum or some other package for him.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I don't really believe it, but even if its true the Bulls won't trade to get him; they liked Noah all along from what Paxson said, they were going back and forth between Noah/Hawes and Yi but then came to realize Noah brought something to the table that the others didn't. He also said he expects Noah to be a big part of the future for atleast 10 years.
Serbbojo
yea but Yi wasnt even available at our pick so he couldve been number one on our board all along. We dont know if Noah was the first choice paxson was always gonna make. Either way i dont see Yi demanding a trade.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 29 2007, 03:19 PM) *
I don't really believe it, but even if its true the Bulls won't trade to get him; they liked Noah all along from what Paxson said, they were going back and forth between Noah/Hawes and Yi but then came to realize Noah brought something to the table that the others didn't. He also said he expects Noah to be a big part of the future for atleast 10 years.

If Yi and Noah were both there at 9, we'd have picked Yi.
Wanne
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 29 2007, 03:19 PM) *

A lot of this could have all been posturing by Pax to increase Noah's worth...and you bet your ass he would have taken Yi in a heartbeat. For some reason I'm not buying all of Pax's bluster over Noah. The guy is a friggin offensive liability. I still wouldn't be surprised if Noah was moved. God I hope he is.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Yeah I'd rather have Yi as well. Now that the draft is all over I just find it hard to believe we will make a trade for him.
dasox24
If we're trading Noah, Noc, etc. for anyone, they should be included in a deal to get Gasol. I don't like Yi enough to trade for him, though I would have been fine if we had drafted him if he was still around. I'd rather keep our assets for a bigger trade.
GreatScott82
I think Yi will be a bust, he is good against bad competition ONLY, against proven NBA pro's he will get pwned
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 29 2007, 09:05 PM) *
I think Yi will be a bust, he is good against bad competition ONLY, against proven NBA pro's he will get pwned

I'm not exactly a Yi fan-boy, but he's faired quite well in International competition, posting some good games against the US and Spain (against Gasol).

It's not like 7-footers that have 38-inch verticals and can play outside grow on trees...
ChicagoBullsMadison
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 29 2007, 08:05 PM) *

he scored 30 pts against the U.S (=
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.