Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any noteable undrafted come to mind...
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Wanne
I haven't found any lists...and although I'm not a very big UofA fan...the thought of bring in Mustafa Shakur and Ivan Radenovic somewhat intrigues me. Moreso Radenovic.

Anybody have a list of noteables that went undrafted.

Was also surprised Caleb Green from Oral Roberts didn't get drafted. He's a pretty damn good player from what I saw of him this year.
Steve9347
I went undrafted and would happily sign with the Bulls for the league minimum or an NBDL contract.
SoxFan1
I say invite Radenovic to the summer league team. The more Serbs the better.
Serbbojo
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29 2007, 02:32 PM) *
I say invite Radenovic to the summer league team. The more Serbs the better.

haha i agree, its about time we bring in a few serbs
DutheDoduhon21
the first player that came to mind was mustafa shakur just like you mentioned, i havnt seen any lists either.
eddog2
I wouldn't mind bringing in Shakur into summer league. I think we could use a 6'2-6'3 PG to store on the bench in case Kirk or someone gets hurt. He's a good passer but his offense is suspect. He probably won't be able to hit the NBA 3. I think that's why he wasn't drafted. He's also pretty light.

However, I don't think it would hurt to get him in here and give him a shot to compete. Since he played 4 years he might be more "ready" than some other options. Will Aaron Miles be back?
ZoomSlowik
Shakur would be an awesome summer league invite guy that we can stash on the end of the roster. He's a big point guard (actually 6'5" ohmy.gif ) with some talent, though he's never quite put it together. I'd give him a shot, maybe stash him in the D-League.

Zabian Dowdell from Va Tech is another guy like that I'd consider. He's only 6'3" and is more of a 2-guard, but he can score, maybe with some work at PG in the D-League he could be a useful piece.

Ron Lewis fits in that vein too, in fact he'd probably be my top choice. Decent size, good shooter, pretty good athlete, and he's proven that he can hit big shots. Russell Carter as well, another fairly big guard that's athletic and can shoot. Blake Schib could be another one. I don't watch a lot of Loyola basketball, but I do know that he's 6'7" and can shoot (probably going back to school though). For some reason I like a lot of the guards. <_<

About the only bigs I'd give a shot are Mohamed Abukar, Curtis Sumpter and Ekene Ibekwe. Abukar is a long, atheletic guy that needs to bulk up a bit. He would also probably benefit from the D-League, as he played less than elite competition in the MWC and can probably use the game experience. Sumpter is a bit of a tweener (6'8" and around 230) that has had two major knee surgeries (which may have hurt his athleticism a tad, hard to say, I haven't seen a lot of him since he came back), but he is a good shooter and knows how to score, with a strong inside/outside combo. Ibekwe is another athletic PF that I'd like to give a shot. Like a lot of guys he needs to bulk up, could stand to develop a better offensive repetoire as well.

There aren't really any guys that I'd DEFINITELY give a roster spot to though, they're more guys that I might give a shot with roster spots 13-15 and try out in the D-League/Summer League.
dasox24
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 29 2007, 03:52 PM) *
Shakur would be an awesome summer league invite guy that we can stash on the end of the roster. He's a big point guard (actually 6'5" ohmy.gif ) with some talent, though he's never quite put it together. I'd give him a shot, maybe stash him in the D-League.

Zabian Dowdell from Va Tech is another guy like that I'd consider. He's only 6'3" and is more of a 2-guard, but he can score, maybe with some work at PG in the D-League he could be a useful piece.

Ron Lewis fits in that vein too, in fact he'd probably be my top choice. Decent size, good shooter, pretty good athlete, and he's proven that he can hit big shots. Russell Carter as well, another fairly big guard that's athletic and can shoot. Blake Schib could be another one. I don't watch a lot of Loyola basketball, but I do know that he's 6'7" and can shoot (probably going back to school though). For some reason I like a lot of the guards. dry.gif

About the only bigs I'd give a shot are Mohamed Abukar, Curtis Sumpter and Ekene Ibekwe. Abukar is a long, atheletic guy that needs to bulk up a bit. He would also probably benefit from the D-League, as he played less than elite competition in the MWC and can probably use the game experience. Sumpter is a bit of a tweener (6'8" and around 230) that has had two major knee surgeries (which may have hurt his athleticism a tad, hard to say, I haven't seen a lot of him since he came back), but he is a good shooter and knows how to score, with a strong inside/outside combo. Ibekwe is another athletic PF that I'd like to give a shot. Like a lot of guys he needs to bulk up, could stand to develop a better offensive repetoire as well.
There aren't really any guys that I'd DEFINITELY give a roster spot to though, they're more guys that I might give a shot with roster spots 13-15 and try out in the D-League/Summer League.

Nice work, Zoom. That's a lot of good names thrown out there. I'd really like to see what Sumpter can do. Ryan Gomes was also thought of as a tweener and that's why he went late in the 2nd round (pretty much like being undrafted), but he's done a pretty good job in Boston. I think they're pretty similar, though Gomes weighed more out of college but is also shorter by and inch. If Sumpter could add some weight (10-15 lbs), he'd have some nice size to go along with good inside scoring. Ron Lewis would be a great get too.
madisonsmadhouse
With the depth that the Bulls have, I doubt many marginal undrafted free agents are going to be looking at us... They are going to be looking at teams they have a chance at making. Anyone who is a PG or SF will be looking else where for sure. Maybe a big man might listen, but that is about it.
soxfan101
Warren Carter blink.gif
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 29 2007, 07:22 PM) *
Nice work, Zoom. That's a lot of good names thrown out there. I'd really like to see what Sumpter can do. Ryan Gomes was also thought of as a tweener and that's why he went late in the 2nd round (pretty much like being undrafted), but he's done a pretty good job in Boston. I think they're pretty similar, though Gomes weighed more out of college but is also shorter by and inch. If Sumpter could add some weight (10-15 lbs), he'd have some nice size to go along with good inside scoring. Ron Lewis would be a great get too.

In case you couldn't guess, I watch entirely too much college basketball. tongue.gif

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 29 2007, 10:13 PM) *
With the depth that the Bulls have, I doubt many marginal undrafted free agents are going to be looking at us... They are going to be looking at teams they have a chance at making. Anyone who is a PG or SF will be looking else where for sure. Maybe a big man might listen, but that is about it.

I would think that a lot of these guys wouldn't be too picky, they'll go wherever someone will give them a shot. Ending up as one of the guys on the in-active list that plays in the D-League is better than heading over to Europe for most of these guys...
Wanne
Here's a few names of some bigs that went undrafted. Another guy who intrigues the hell out of me is Ibekwe. The dude is athletic as hell. Maryland was fun to watch...really got up and down the court. I really think this guy will end up on somebodies roster.

Mohamed Abukar -SAN DIEGO STATE

Eken Ibekwe - MARYLAND

Ivan Radenovic - ARIZONA

Coleman Collins - VIRGINIA TECH

There's a bunch of Euro big man that didn't get drafted that I've never heard of...most notable is Ali Traore...but from what I've read of him...he doesn't have the greatest work ethic.
ldf
QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 30 2007, 02:09 PM) *
Here's a few names of some bigs that went undrafted. Another guy who intrigues the hell out of me is Ibekwe. The dude is athletic as hell. Maryland was fun to watch...really got up and down the court. I really think this guy will end up on somebodies roster.

Mohamed Abukar -SAN DIEGO STATE

Eken Ibekwe - MARYLAND

Ivan Radenovic - ARIZONA

Coleman Collins - VIRGINIA TECH

There's a bunch of Euro big man that didn't get drafted that I've never heard of...most notable is Ali Traore...but from what I've read of him...he doesn't have the greatest work ethic.

another tall person i would love to be invited to camp without a doubt Sidiki Sidibe. he is a national team volleyball player who started to play b-ball, has great leaping ability and can be a backup center. i remembered him last yr right before he pulled out of the draft. great blocking skills. however he is consider a project.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.