Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What About Vince Carter Everyone?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
ChitownMan
The ticker on ESPN states that VC has opted out of his contract with the Nets and is now an unrestricted free agent. Some are speculating that he will wind up back in NJ with Kidd and compnay. I just want to see what you all think of adding VC to our lineup. I am able to see Big Ben at Center, probably TT at PF, VC or Deng at SF, VC or Deng at PG and Henrich at the two with Gordon coming off the bench at this point. Not sure that Noc will remain however, I do love his efforts, it would just be nice to have another dominate scorer and veteran on this team. I know that I am dreaming here and want to see what my other Bulls fans think.
dasox24
QUOTE (ChitownMan @ Jun 30 2007, 06:30 PM) *
The ticker on ESPN states that VC has opted out of his contract with the Nets and is now an unrestricted free agent. Some are speculating that he will wind up back in NJ with Kidd and compnay. I just want to see what you all think of adding VC to our lineup. I am able to see Big Ben at Center, probably TT at PF, VC or Deng at SF, VC or Deng at PG and Henrich at the two with Gordon coming off the bench at this point. Not sure that Noc will remain however, I do love his efforts, it would just be nice to have another dominate scorer and veteran on this team. I know that I am dreaming here and want to see what my other Bulls fans think.

Well, I hope you mean Hinrich at PG and VC or Deng at the 2... Anyway, VC will get way more money than we can spend this offseason. We only have the MLE and no way would Vince sign for that when some team will give him twice as much. Plus, this is not the Vinsanity of old. He's no longer the superstar he was in Toronto.
eddog2
I wouldn't have wanted Vince 5 years ago and I sure as hell don't want him this year. I'll pass!
RME JICO
I'll pass. He is all about the dunks and that is about it.
madisonsmadhouse
We'd have to be looking at a sign and trade, because we are over the cap.
BG7
No thanks. VC is way past his prime and will bring nothing to the table for us. Sure he's a veteran but we seem to be doing just fine without one.

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it: ADDRESS OUR NEED! A scoring PF is the only thing we need.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I wouldn't be against it if it were just for the 15 mil he was hinting. He's a great scorer though he has a horrible shooting % he gets his share of rebounds and assists. He is a big time scorer but he dissapears in big games as you saw in the playoffs. I could definitely live without Vince but wouldn't be opposed to signing him if it were for the right money.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 30 2007, 11:32 PM) *
I wouldn't be against it if it were just for the 15 mil he was hinting. He's a great scorer though he has a horrible shooting % he gets his share of rebounds and assists. He is a big time scorer but he dissapears in big games as you saw in the playoffs. I could definitely live without Vince but wouldn't be opposed to signing him if it were for the right money.

That's not even possible, we only have $4.5 mil available right now for free agents. To get that to work it'd have to be a sign and trade with us giving up some talent, and it'd probably be more than Noc/Duhon/Brown...
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Yeah, I don't know why I didn't think about that, what do we have to spend like 4-5 million or the MLE? He probably isn't worth giving up that much. Good player, but IMO he's the Michael Vick of basketball.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jun 30 2007, 09:36 PM) *
I'll pass. He is all about the dunks and that is about it.

So is Tyrus Thomas?

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 30 2007, 11:43 PM) *
Yeah, I don't know why I didn't think about that, what do we have to spend like 4-5 million or the MLE? He probably isn't worth giving up that much. Good player, but IMO he's the Michael Vick of basketball.

The MLE exception is about 6 mil this year, and Vince Carter is worth WAY more than that. He pays for himself in ticket sales, endorsements, fan fare, jerseys, all star games, etc. And as much as I am indifferent about him, the guy can flat out play. When he gets hot, he is one of the most unstoppable players in the NBA, especially with his size and unbelievable athleticism at the SG position.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 1 2007, 02:33 AM) *
So is Tyrus Thomas?
The MLE exception is about 6 mil this year, and Vince Carter is worth WAY more than that. He pays for himself in ticket sales, endorsements, fan fare, jerseys, all star games, etc. And as much as I am indifferent about him, the guy can flat out play. When he gets hot, he is one of the most unstoppable players in the NBA, especially with his size and unbelievable athleticism at the SG position.

Yeah, I meant freeing up cap space to sign him. I know he's worth more than 6 mil, I guess I didn't type what I meant as good as I could have. He'd be interesting to say the least in Chicago with the big market in all but I don't know if I can see us going after him. When its all said in done I bet he stays in New Jersey. Also is he 30 yet? I think he's like 28 maybe I can't remember.
Chisoxfn
Vince is a great scorer but he is not a winner. He has a very lax attitude and is kind of the exact opposite of the type of players the organization likes and would have.

Plus, Vince Carter doesn't fill a major need, unless of course he's willing to sign for the mid-level exemption after the team moves Gordon and Noc for a big (and no he wouldn't sign for the mid-level, I'm just saying it is the only way Vince would make any sense in Chicago).
Chicago Bulls Franchise
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2922561

Well so much for Vince being on the Bulls. He signed a 4 year deal.
SoxFan1
61 million. Yeah, never would happen here.
GreatScott82
If Vince would play even alittle defense he would be considered in the top 10 of the league to go along with Kobe, Lebron and Wade.... He is a waiste of talent and there is no chance in hell i want him on the Bulls. I hope NJ enjoys that contracT!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.