Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Agency
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
SoxFan1
Reports: Lakers to re-sign free agent Luke Walton
July 2, 2007

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Luke Walton appears to be returning to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Several published reports said the forward agreed to a six-year, $30 million deal Sunday on the first day teams were allowed to contact free agents.

"This is where I wanted to be all along," Walton, an unrestricted free agent, told the Los Angeles Times. "I couldn't be any happier to remain a Laker."

Walton's agent Lon Babby told ESPN.com that Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak called one minute after the free-agent signing period officially opened.

"They called at the earliest possible moment, and we worked on it all day," Babby said. "They wanted him back, and Luke wanted to be there. We wanted to make every effort to get an agreement before we went out and looked at any other teams."

A four-year veteran, the 27-year-old Walton averaged 11.4 points, five rebounds and 4.3 assists -- all career highs -- last season.

He will make more than triple his last season's salary of $1.4 million.

A message left for Lakers spokesman John Black was not immediately returned and teams aren't allowed to announce signings until July 11.

Report: Kapono reaches agreement with Raptors
July 1, 2007

BRISTOL, Connecticut (Ticker) - Jason Kapono reached a four-year agreement with the Toronto Raptors on Sunday, according to ESPN.com.

The network reported that the contract is worth $24 million for Kapono, who averaged a career-high 10.9 points with the Miami Heat last season.

Free agents formally cannot sign contracts until July 11.

"Jason is excited about this opportunity and intends to sign with the Raptors when the moratorium period ends," Kapono's agent, Bob Myers, told ESPN.com.

A second-round draft pick of the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2003, Kapono led the NBA in 3-point percentage (.514) in 2006-07.

Report: Lewis Agrees To Sign With Magic
July 2, 2007 - 11:39 pm
WKMG Channel 6 -
Orlando television station WKMG Local 6 is reporting that Rashard Lewis has agreed to sign with the Orlando Magic on July 11.

The deal is reported for 5 years and $75 million.

Sports anchor David Pingalore also reported the Magic will allow restricted free agent forward Darko Milicic to become an unrestricted free agent.
ZoomSlowik
Lewis and Howard, pretty nice pairing for Orlando. They still need a bit more help, but with Howard and Lewis they will be a bit more dangerous.

Kapono is a pretty good idea for Toronto too, their wings are kinda weak.
madisonsmadhouse
The Lewis deal is a mini-blow to the Bulls, as the only shot they could have had at Darko was for a sign and trade deal, and now that he has been renounced, I don't think we can do that anymore.
dasox24
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jul 3 2007, 08:21 AM) *
The Lewis deal is a mini-blow to the Bulls, as the only shot they could have had at Darko was for a sign and trade deal, and now that he has been renounced, I don't think we can do that anymore.

I think we could still do a sign and trade for Darko. PJ Brown is a UFA and he's been rumored in deals as a sign and trade guy so we can match salaries.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.