Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Memphis Hot After Nocioni
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
SoxFan1
ESPN reported that the Grizzlies delegation has gone down to Argentina to officially give Noc an offer sheet. Gasol anybody?
eddog2
An offer sheet. They are trying to take one of our peices without us putting up a fight.

Memphis knows that we can't sign Nocioni at a high amount b/c we have Deng and Gordon. However, you might be right. This one could be going either way. If they sign Nocioni to the sheet they could then pull off the sign and trade with Nocioni's contract being higher to offset some of Gasol's salary.

Or they could just be trying to get Nocioni for free.
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3 2007, 06:10 PM) *
ESPN reported that the Grizzlies delegation has gone down to Argentina to officially give Noc an offer sheet. Gasol anybody?

Gasol would be nice as a part of a bigger package.

Anyway, according to radio reports in Memphis, the Grizz are hoping they could give him a big enough offer that the Bulls wouldn't want to match b/c it would be too high if we couldn't work out a sign and trade. However, if a sign and trade were to be worked out with the Grizzlies, I just don't know who we'd get back. I mean, the only players available to us would be guys like Hakim Warrick or Chucky Atkins who do us no good b/c we alreay have enough players like those two. The best possible option would definitely making Nocioni apart of a bigger deal including Duhon, Ben Gordon, and probably Tyrus and/or future draft picks for Gasol. The Grizzlies are apparently high enough on Nocioni to give him a sizable contract, so that would definitely help our cause for matching contracts to acquire Gasol.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 3 2007, 06:22 PM) *
Gasol would be nice as a part of a bigger package.

Anyway, according to radio reports in Memphis, the Grizz are hoping they could give him a big enough offer that the Bulls wouldn't want to match b/c it would be too high if we couldn't work out a sign and trade. However, if a sign and trade were to be worked out with the Grizzlies, I just don't know who we'd get back. I mean, the only players available to us would be guys like Hakim Warrick or Chucky Atkins who do us no good b/c we alreay have enough players like those two. The best possible option would definitely making Nocioni apart of a bigger deal including Duhon, Ben Gordon, and probably Tyrus and/or future draft picks for Gasol. The Grizzlies are apparently high enough on Nocioni to give him a sizable contract, so that would definitely help our cause for matching contracts to acquire Gasol.

Yeah I think I heard somewhere it would involve Hakim Warrick not Gasol. There trying to build around him. They have a good young PG in Conley now they're trying to get a good veteran SF in Nocioni who has playoff experience for the young team. My question is, would he start at SG or SF or would he come off the bench for Gay?
dasox24
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 3 2007, 06:27 PM) *
Yeah I think I heard somewhere it would involve Hakim Warrick not Gasol. There trying to build around him. They have a good young PG in Conley now they're trying to get a good veteran SF in Nocioni who has playoff experience for the young team. My question is, would he start at SG or SF or would he come off the bench for Gay?

Noc could probably play at the PF spot for them. You've gotta remember that they're running the PHX style offense now with Iavaroni as the new Grizzlies coach, and that offense doesn't necessarily need a traditional PF. The starting lineup would probably be Conley, Miller, Gay, Nocioni, and Gasol. They'd take the best players available and stick them on the court.
sport1016
true true he is definately a poor man's marion in that he is a pretty good defensive 6'7 pf who is one of the better 3pt shooting forwards. Or they could just like the three man rotation of miller, gay, and noce.

The Grizz are not trying to give us gasol. They were in the playoffs two seasons ago and they were tanking. They arent too far from being a playoff team again. Besides Battier, they still have most of their important players from those (winless in the) playoffs teams. Never mind they went 0-12 or something like that.

The only only reason to go down there other than to steal him is to convince him to be willing to come to memphis so a sign and trade deal for gasol can be worked out.

Im thinking stromile swift and hakim warrick wouldnt be a terrible deal

but i'd rather have noce and collison or gooden
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 3 2007, 06:32 PM) *
Noc could probably play at the PF spot for them. You've gotta remember that they're running the PHX style offense now with Iavaroni as the new Grizzlies coach, and that offense doesn't necessarily need a traditional PF. The starting lineup would probably be Conley, Miller, Gay, Nocioni, and Gasol. They'd take the best players available and stick them on the court.

Yeah I was forgeting that Gasol would play Center. Then that makes sense, Nocioni could play PF for an uptempo team that doesn't necessarily feature post play.
b-riann
i would love to see them make the trade to get gasol. i guess the question is, "should we trade tyrus, along with gordon, noc, and duhon, or noah"?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (b-riann @ Jul 3 2007, 09:43 PM) *
i would love to see them make the trade to get gasol. i guess the question is, "should we trade tyrus, along with gordon, noc, and duhon, or noah"?

No way! Thats way too much for Gasol. The key to making trades is waiting as long as you can until there desperate to give him away, it lowers his trade value and we could get gasol for possibly Gordon and Victor Khryapa. I personally don't see Gasol coming to the Bulls, its either Kobe or KG or nothing. Im talking in terms of "High status" players. Kobe seems like the closer of any of the other three to getting traded. A little side not about him, it was reported on ESPN.com that he wore red clothing to his basketball camp in california the other day and never spoke the word "Lakers" once. Interesting....
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 3 2007, 10:42 PM) *
No way! Thats way too much for Gasol. The key to making trades is waiting as long as you can until there desperate to give him away, it lowers his trade value and we could get gasol for possibly Gordon and Victor Khryapa. I personally don't see Gasol coming to the Bulls, its either Kobe or KG or nothing. Im talking in terms of "High status" players. Kobe seems like the closer of any of the other three to getting traded. A little side not about him, it was reported on ESPN.com that he wore red clothing to his basketball camp in california the other day and never spoke the word "Lakers" once. Interesting....

What are you talking about? Gasol never demanded a trade. His value will not go down if we wait. This isn't the MLB trade deadline. Pax should win GM of the Year on the spot if we got Gasol for Gordon and Khryapa and Chris Wallace would be fired instantaneously.

Perhaps you're setting your bar too high, thinking we will get KG/Kobe or nothing. Kobe to the Bulls because he wore red! laugh.gif
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3 2007, 11:27 PM) *
What are you talking about? Gasol never demanded a trade. His value will not go down if we wait. This isn't the MLB trade deadline. Pax should win GM of the Year on the spot if we got Gasol for Gordon and Khryapa and Chris Wallace would be fired instantaneously.

Perhaps you're setting your bar too high, thinking we will get KG/Kobe or nothing. Kobe to the Bulls because he wore red! laugh.gif

Yeah I know, thats why I said interesting... Just gets people thinking.
DutheDoduhon21
New Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace has traveled to Argentina to woo restricted free agent Andres Nocioni, whose intense style would fill voids on the court and the team's salary-cap room off it. League sources said the Grizzlies have yet to present Nocioni, 27, with an offer sheet. As one of the few teams with salary-cap space, the Grizzlies theoretically could present a five-year deal worth anywhere from $40 million and $46 million.
Bullseye
good bye noc.........
eddog2
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...3319&spln=1

A league source says that talks are in the early stages, but suggested the Bulls and Grizzlies may be working on a deal that would send Pau Gasol to Chicago for a package that would include forward Andres Nocioni.
Memphis GM Chris Wallace flew to Argentina in recent days to meet with Nocioni, and one theory has the Bulls sending a package including Nocioni, first-round draft pick Joakim Noah, backup point guard Chris Duhon and filler to the Grizzlies in exchange for Gasol. Bulls GM John Paxson said Monday that he’ll match any offer sheet for Nocioni, but it also sounds like he's willing to trade him. The Cavaliers are also rumored to be making a power move for Cavs' forward Anderson Varejao, which could be a signal that they're preparing for life without Gasol. Jul.

Wow. Gasol for Noah, Nocioni, Duhon and a filler. Are you kidding me. We'd win the title for sure. I hope this is true. I could definately see Memphis wanting Noah and Nocioni but Duhon and a filler doesn't make sense. I hope the filler is not JamesOn Curry. Hopefully it's Victor.

Wallace/Gray
Gasol/Tyrus/PJ?
Deng/Tyrus
Gordon/Sefolosha
Hinrich/Curry/Barrett

Anyway, even if the Gasol trade doesn't go down, Paxson has already said he's not letting Nocioni go for nothing. Even if Nocioni gets a rediculous contract offer (like 5 years $40 or $46) there will be a few teams in line to do a sign and trade with the Bulls.

The first would be Memphis of course since they offered the contract, San Antonio would also be high on the list.

From Memphis I think a couple of players would be intriguing. Not sure if they would give them up but I wouldn't mind any of these players

Chucky Atkins, Terance Kinsey, Kyle Lowry, Lawrence Roberts, or Warrick (though I doubt they'd give him up)

From San Antoinio

I think the Bulls would be after the rights to Luis Scola, maybe James White, or Tiago Splitter (though I doubt that would happen)
dasox24
If Memphis made the suggested trade above, the fans would mutiny and not go to any games. As much as they don't like Gasol here, he should bring back at least Gordon and Noc in a trade. I mean, Duhon is unimportant with Conley and Kyle Lowry. Noah would be great for them, though. I guess if they could sign Varejao as well as acquire Noah, that wouldn't be too bad of a front line along with Hakim Warrick. It would definitely be athletic and fit the new style of offense they'd be playing. Actually, the more I think about it, that trade for Gasol may not look good for the Grizz on paper, but it might actually be pretty good b/c where would BG play with Miller and Gay needing a lot of playing time?
Serbbojo
They have enough money to sign Nocioni so why give up your best player in Gasol just to land Noah. That trade makes no sense for Memphis.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3 2007, 04:10 PM) *

Wow...PTI had a rumor of Duhon/Nocioni/Noah for Paul Gasol. Sign me the fish up.

QUOTE (Serbbojo @ Jul 4 2007, 02:41 PM) *
They have enough money to sign Nocioni so why give up your best player in Gasol just to land Noah. That trade makes no sense for Memphis.

Because the Bulls would match the contract (as we have the right to match every offer).
RME JICO
Gasol
Wallace
Deng
Gordon
Hinrich

w/ Thomas coming off the bench. That's nice. That team would win 50 easy.
sport1016
a trade of noc, gordon and noah makes sense bc then they can "get" varejao without having to over pay him by simply acquiring noah

noc would be an ideal 4 in their system and pau is really not a good fit for the wide open O. He's not the amare that Ivaroni needs.

Gordon makes sense bc he or miller would provide scoring pop off the bench and at the 2

Does this look phoenix-y enough for you?

Conley/lowry
gordon/miller
Gay/miller
Noc/warrick
Noah/cardinal

i guess so....
eddog2
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 4 2007, 04:53 PM) *
Wow...PTI had a rumor of Duhon/Nocioni/Noah for Paul Gasol. Sign me the fish up.
Because the Bulls would match the contract (as we have the right to match every offer).

Forget PTI. I had that rumor on here 2 hours earlier. Not to sound selfish.

But anyway, the more I think about it, Memphis really doesn't need Gordon. It would be nice but they already have several young up and coming PG's/SG's and they have SF's. Lowry/Conley/Kinsey/Miller/Gay (although more a SF) plus they have decent aging guards in Atkins/Stoudamire. Plus a starting lineup of Conley/Gordon would not be good b/c they'd struggle to defend players. However, a starting lineup of Conley/Miller/Gay or Conley/Kinsey/Gay would be very good.

In the last 13 games of the season Kinsey averaged 18.9 ppg, 4 rpg, 2.0 apg, 2.23 spg. He may not be ready to be a prime time starter for a year or 2 but he definately has shown promise.

As DaSox24 mentioned, and I agree with, is that they really need is some more versatility at PF/C. Conley is going to bring them a new offensive mindset where he pushes the ball and finds the open man. What they really need are defensive players that can run the court on both ends. Noah & Nocioni would be just that. As would Varejao. I think to get this deal done the Bulls would also have to throw in some future picks. Maybe next years 1st round pick.

Add Noah, Nocioni, Varejao, the Bulls 1st pick next year, and their own lottery pick after finishing toward the bottom in the West and the Grizzlies will be poised to possibly make some big noise in the coming years.
SoxFan1
At this point, we just have to hope Memphis really really likes Noah.
b-riann
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 4 2007, 04:13 PM) *
If Memphis made the suggested trade above, the fans would mutiny and not go to any games. As much as they don't like Gasol here, he should bring back at least Gordon and Noc in a trade. I mean, Duhon is unimportant with Conley and Kyle Lowry. Noah would be great for them, though. I guess if they could sign Varejao as well as acquire Noah, that wouldn't be too bad of a front line along with Hakim Warrick. It would definitely be athletic and fit the new style of offense they'd be playing. Actually, the more I think about it, that trade for Gasol may not look good for the Grizz on paper, but it might actually be pretty good b/c where would BG play with Miller and Gay needing a lot of playing time?

its not like they do anyways

if we could add pau, who is a 20 and 9 guy, with just giving up du, noc, and noah, i'd do it in a heartbeat.

also, somebody said tyrus could back up luol. well yea, but first he had to have developed a J
eddog2
QUOTE (b-riann @ Jul 4 2007, 09:01 PM) *
also, somebody said tyrus could back up luol. well yea, but first he had to have developed a J

It would be great if he could or did develop the J but he wouldn't need that to back up Deng at 3. We have enough offensive firepower. Especially if he's in the lineup with Gordon/Hinrich/Gasol that's enough firepower offensively. Tyrus just needs to become a smarter player. Limit the stupid plays he makes. If he can do that, and continue to improve on his offensive and defensive decision making then he'll be valuable on the floor even if he's not hitting the J b/c he'll still be getting the momentum changing Dunks and blocks.
sport1016
you dont need much behind lu. Next year he should be playing 38-40 mins, like other stars in the league.

So we are talking like 10 mins that would be split between thabo, TT, and Griffin. I can deal with that. And so can the bulls. Very easily.

And the Grizzlies do like noah. The buzz b4 the draft was that if horford was gone they were between conley and noah.

Noah would be better suited for their system anyway. As instead of post moves he could rely on his explosiveness in transition to score.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Yeah I'd do that trade with Memphis but Im really starting to like Noah, it would pain me to see him leave. It looks good for us but Chris Wallace would be fired if he made that deal.
dasox24
QUOTE (b-riann @ Jul 4 2007, 09:01 PM) *
its not like they do anyways

Haha, true... However, they did go to games when the Grizz were playoff caliber. I mean, they're never gonna be Top 5 attendance-wise in the league, but Memphians absolutely love basketball (biggest sport in town, by far), and if the Grizz put a winner on the court, the fans will show.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 4 2007, 11:16 PM) *
Yeah I'd do that trade with Memphis but Im really starting to like Noah, it would pain me to see him leave. It looks good for us but Chris Wallace would be fired if he made that deal.

He hasn't played a second in a Bulls inform yet, and it would pain you to see him leave? I say good riddance.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I'd trade him for Pau, I just hate seeing rookies getting traded unless thats what Pax had planned all along. He actually did say even if they made a pick, they could trade it down the line so stay tuned.
sport1016
bad news...in the trib article it mentioned pau calling nocioni to woo him

doesnt sound like he's leaving to me

and if we offered him a contract, thats a sign we arent exactly jumping for joy at sign and trade options
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 4 2007, 07:07 PM) *
It would be great if he could or did develop the J but he wouldn't need that to back up Deng at 3. We have enough offensive firepower. Especially if he's in the lineup with Gordon/Hinrich/Gasol that's enough firepower offensively. Tyrus just needs to become a smarter player. Limit the stupid plays he makes. If he can do that, and continue to improve on his offensive and defensive decision making then he'll be valuable on the floor even if he's not hitting the J b/c he'll still be getting the momentum changing Dunks and blocks.

After making that deal you could easily use the Mid Level Exception on a guy like James Posey (I know, most will slam me for that) or Jerry Stackhouse both of whom could be Deng's backup. In fact, I'd be a major fan of bringing Posey in because I would like that type of player on my team (all the good championship players have that guy with a bit of a mean streak).

And you could bet your ass the Bulls could get the top FA wing willing to take the MLE after acquiring Gasol (because that player would absolutely know that he's going to a team with a chance to win it all).

Could you imagine a
Hinrich
Gordon
Deng
Gasol
Wallace

Curry
Tyrus Thomas
Sefolosha
Gray
Posey
PJ Brown (i assume we could resign him at the veteran exception of 1.5 mill or so cause he'd have a shot at the ring)

I'd imagine Sweetney being the filler in the trade (I still don't think we could get Gasol for that little of a package though).
madisonsmadhouse
I would be shocked if a deal for Gasol got done. I don't think Memphis would be able to draw anyone to games if they dealt him.
DutheDoduhon21
Source: Bulls offer forward $38 million
Posted: Thursday July 05, 2007 10:52AM ET
A source said the Bulls' five-year offer to Andres Nocioni starts near $6.3 million to $6.4 million for the first season. Factoring in a 10.5 percent increase of the first season's salary annually, the total package sits at approximately $38.1 million to $38.7 million. The Bulls could increase that offer and also would have seven days to match any offer sheet Nocioni signed with Memphis. General manager John Paxson has vowed to match any offers for his hyperactive forward.
ZoomSlowik
How the heck do you go from Deng AND Gordon to Noc, Noah, and Duhon in 6 months? That's just too ridiculously low, and I seriously question the validity of that rumor.

I realize there's a hell of a gap between the abilities of Jerry West and Chris Wallace, but I'd still be SHOCKED if it cost us less than 2 of Gordon/Noc/Tyrus. If it costs anything less Chris Wallace jumps into the top-5 of worst GM's and they REALLY like Noah...

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 4 2007, 07:15 PM) *
Forget PTI. I had that rumor on here 2 hours earlier. Not to sound selfish.

But anyway, the more I think about it, Memphis really doesn't need Gordon. It would be nice but they already have several young up and coming PG's/SG's and they have SF's. Lowry/Conley/Kinsey/Miller/Gay (although more a SF) plus they have decent aging guards in Atkins/Stoudamire. Plus a starting lineup of Conley/Gordon would not be good b/c they'd struggle to defend players. However, a starting lineup of Conley/Miller/Gay or Conley/Kinsey/Gay would be very good.

In the last 13 games of the season Kinsey averaged 18.9 ppg, 4 rpg, 2.0 apg, 2.23 spg. He may not be ready to be a prime time starter for a year or 2 but he definately has shown promise.

Kinsey is not normally going to get 42 minutes per game. blink.gif Miller and Stoudamire were out by that point, so they really only had him, Atkins, and Dahntay Jones at guard (who somehow got 30 minutes and 12 points per game over that stretch).

I'm sure they'd take Gordon, he's considerably better than any of their other guard options at this point as a scorer, and they need guys that can run-and-gun in that system. Size is an issue, but they need his outside shooting and general scoring ability if they're going to do something like that. Plus they could probably try a Conley-Gordon-Miller-Gay-Noah lineup and it'd work reasonably well, at least on the offensive end.
dasox24
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 5 2007, 02:34 PM) *
I'm sure they'd take Gordon, he's considerably better than any of their other guard options at this point as a scorer, and they need guys that can run-and-gun in that system. Size is an issue, but they need his outside shooting and general scoring ability if they're going to do something like that. Plus they could probably try a Conley-Gordon-Miller-Gay-Noah lineup and it'd work reasonably well, at least on the offensive end.

I really think Memphis would like the idea of that lineup to go along with Noc as their 6th man. Is it me or does anyone else think they could make it back to the playoffs within the next 2 years with that lineup? It would be an extremely young team, but Gordon is good for 20 ppg, and Miller can really light it up. So, in a year or two when Conley, Gay, and Noah all have a good amount of playing time under their belt, I could see that team being very dangerous.
eddog2
Paxson already denied today that he's had any discussion about a Gasol trade recently. He already denied the same thing about any KG trade.

The Bulls offered Nocioni a 5 year $38 million dollar contract and are praying that Memphis doesn't offer the 5 year $46 million.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.