Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls summerleague roster
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
http://www.nba.com/media/bulls/07chicago_summerleague.pdf

it has the roster (tyrus and thabo included), profile for each player, the schedule, and the bulls 07-08 roster
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 4 2007, 11:37 AM) *
http://www.nba.com/media/bulls/07chicago_summerleague.pdf

it has the roster (tyrus and thabo included), profile for each player, the schedule, and the bulls 07-08 roster

They will be playing in Denver? That should help the conditioning.

and Tyrus is once again the youngest guy on the roster... Him and Thabo are going to tear that league up.
dasox24
Well, that kinda sucks. There's really no one (besides who we already knew we had) that excites me on that roster.
eddog2
I wonder if Marty or Andre Barrett are going to do anything to warrant roster spots this year.

Noah is on the roster but I think the Bulls already said he's not playing b/c of his shoulder injury.

I think Caleb Green is someone to watch out for. He's a little undersized and not a super great athlete but he's a hard worker and will be able to score around the basket b/c of his effort. He's also a pretty good rebounder.

I liked Boo Davis in college but I'm not expecting much out of him in the league. It would be very hard for him to make the team especially with all the guards we have.

With the exception of Davis and Green, I'll be focused on Tyrus, Thabo, Barrett, Curry & Gray. I'll want to see how much better Tyrus, Thabo, & Barrett and I'd like to see how Gray and Curry play at what will be the start of their NBA career.

Erik Daniels also had some nice stats overseas. He played at Kentucky so I'd love for him to be on the team. However, when he was with Kentucky he was a decent player that never really reached his potential. Maybe he's starting to reach it.
Wanne
Caleb Green!!!....EXCELLENT!...I mentioned him as a possible. Another guy I had no idea Pax had any interest in or hooks into was Jackson Vroman. If you guys remember he was on the Suns roster a few years back after they traded down. The Suns were big on him and he played pretty well for a while. Pretty nice pickup IMO....keep an eye on him.

One thing on Green...when Oral Roberts played Kansas this past year Self said that Green was the best player on the floor by far. Still surprised he wasn't drafted.
SoxFan1
Jackson Vroman? Hmm, he might be able to win a spot over Gray.
eddog2
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 4 2007, 02:27 PM) *
Jackson Vroman? Hmm, he might be able to win a spot over Gray.

He might win a spot but I doubt it will be over Gray.
ChicagoBullsMadison
haha filiberto! that guy tore it up here in El Paso, He's a very good driver and shooter, so i think he could do something good. he is the sleeper in this group
Serbbojo
i wish they would give Mario Austin a chance to make it on the roster. On draftexpress they said Mario Austin is the most pursued player in Europe because he is one of the best low post threats in their league, but they mentioned the Bulls will be giving him a private workout.
sport1016
i would also like to see mario austin at the end of the bench

he has post skills and is there anything we need more than a 6'10 bruiser?
eddog2
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jul 4 2007, 06:17 PM) *
i would also like to see mario austin at the end of the bench

he has post skills and is there anything we need more than a 6'10 bruiser?

Yeah but I don't think we'll be able to get him. He's one of the highest paid players in Europe. Pini Gershon, the Israeli head coach of Olimpiacos, reportedly offered him 1.5 million dollars net (the equivalent of a 3 million dollar NBA offer) and he has yet to accept.

If we can get him over here for under $1.5 million i'd do it. However, since he's not participating in summer league, I'm not sure I'd be willing to give him more than $2 million without knowing for sure if he can cut it against NBA competition. A one year deal for $1 million would work for me.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Stinks that we won't get to see how Noah and Tyrus work together.
soxfan101
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 4 2007, 11:13 PM) *
Stinks that we won't get to see how Noah and Tyrus work together.

Honestly I dont think at the same time both of them will be on the court this year anyways, so its no biggy. Im more looking forward to see how Tyrus/Thabo have improved their games especially offensively and than seeing what Gray/Curry can do.
bschmaranz
Guess nobody remember Lance Williams... he was a very solid big at DePaul. I could see him perhaps getting a spot if one of Noah/Tyrus is traded. Big body to put in the paint, ala Mike Sweetney.
sport1016
last year the pepsi pro summer league orlando games were webcast, will they be this year?

If anyone finds the link, post it here bc I cant find it
b-riann
QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 4 2007, 02:05 PM) *
Caleb Green!!!....EXCELLENT!...I mentioned him as a possible. Another guy I had no idea Pax had any interest in or hooks into was Jackson Vroman. If you guys remember he was on the Suns roster a few years back after they traded down. The Suns were big on him and he played pretty well for a while. Pretty nice pickup IMO....keep an eye on him.

One thing on Green...when Oral Roberts played Kansas this past year Self said that Green was the best player on the floor by far. Still surprised he wasn't drafted.

amen to that. i got to watch alot of caleb last year, and i believe he was a 20/10 guy at oral roberts. lets hope he can make it on the roster bullssmilie1.jpg
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jul 8 2007, 01:17 PM) *
last year the pepsi pro summer league orlando games were webcast, will they be this year?

If anyone finds the link, post it here bc I cant find it

If you go to nba.com/summerleague and click on the scoreboard, it says that all the games are on live webcast on there. You have to sign in though using your NBA.com ID (or create one obviously). I personally can't get it to work right now...
Serbbojo
the pepsi league is broadcasted through the orlando magic website so you'll have to go there to watch the games.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Well Lamarcus Aldridge is tearing it up, I can't wait to see what Tyrus does!
Serbbojo
Hawes had a pretty good first game 19pts and 7rbs, tho he had a lot of turnovers and fouls, but still 9-14 shooting is good.
b-riann
caleb green is also playing with dallas. why?
sport1016
orlando magic website is wierd

it says u can watch the games from their website, but there isnt really a link to do so

BULLS game at 3

try to keep this window open too in case ppl have trouble finding the video

or someone could just post a link here when they find it
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (b-riann @ Jul 8 2007, 09:08 PM) *
caleb green is also playing with dallas. why?

He's going to play in as many leagues as possible because it will enable him to make more contacts as well as allow more coaches and scouts to watch him play (and in his eyes hopefully lead to an NBA contract).
Serbbojo
do we have to make a user name to watch this?
DutheDoduhon21
heres a link for anyone who hasnt found it yet
http://www.nba.com/magic/multimedia/07sl_video.html

the bulls also have a link on their page
Serbbojo
the game is starting now. Its at 2pm not 3
ZoomSlowik
It works for me, but barely, the video stutters a lot. Looks like Tyrus has had a couple of nice drives, other than that hard to say...
DutheDoduhon21
they say ty thomas looks bigger, and has more tattoos. (sp?)
im happy that he got bigger, that was his biggest weakness.
Serbbojo
No one is really playing that good. Tyrus has like 8pts but most are from free throws.

i wanna see Gray play some more
dasox24
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 9 2007, 02:23 PM) *
It works for me, but barely, the video stutters a lot. Looks like Tyrus has had a couple of nice drives, other than that hard to say...

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing with my video feed. I was kinda hoping to watch this, but it's just too choppy for me.
DutheDoduhon21
thats weird mine isnt choppy at all, jamesOn is showing some quickness, and isnt afraid to take a shot, pretty good passing as well.
Serbbojo
finally they put Aaron Gray back in
Chicago Bulls Franchise
idk y im even watching, it stops ever 1.5 seconds and my sound isn't working on my computer
DutheDoduhon21
who do you think gets the final gaurd spot JamesOn Curry or Andre Barrett?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 9 2007, 02:49 PM) *

thats easy, Curry.
dasox24
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 9 2007, 02:49 PM) *

Definitely Curry
Serbbojo
hopefully Tyrus is okay, i doubt its anything serious
Chicago Bulls Franchise
God the moron whoever hurt Tyrus is gonna get it! Hopefully he's fine.

Right now he's got something like 15 points 10 rebounds 4-5 blocks, NICE biggrin.gif
Serbbojo
well my connection is basically dead now, its lagging like crazy
DutheDoduhon21
same here, i just stopped watching my screen went completely black.
Serbbojo
its been working every once in awhile, id reconnect and it'll work for 5mins. So far Tyrus came back in the game, blocked another shot and then went straight back to the training room to get his side checked out.
sport1016
since TT went back to training room i havent been able to reconect

i hope that nba.com has the game archived later tonight
Chicago Bulls Franchise
The rumored statline for Tyrus is 15 points 10 rebounds and 8 blocks. WOOT almost a triple double!

nvm here it is http://www.nba.com/media/magic/070907_chiind.pdf

17 points 7 rebounds and 5 blocks, still very nice! He also only had 3 To's and a few steals. Fouling wasn't a problem either, in 30 minutes he only had 3 fouls.
Serbbojo
he prolly wouldve gotten better stats if he didnt have to leave the game
SoxFan1
Thabo gets no love in this joint. Looks like he had a bad shooting day today. Nice to see Barett played well. More terrible free throw shooting from the Bulls.
Sanitarium
Man I can't wait to see Tyrus hit the court at full speed when the season starts.
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 9 2007, 06:02 PM) *
Thabo gets no love in this joint. Looks like he had a bad shooting day today. Nice to see Barett played well. More terrible free throw shooting from the Bulls.

What a surprise...

I agree that I think Thabo is largely forgotten about. I'm a big fan. He's still very young (just turned 23 two months ago) and plays very good defense. I think he'll easily get ~25 minutes/game next year if Duhon is traded. Though, I wouldn't mind it at all if we had to trade Gordon for a big man and Sefolosha started at SG.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.