Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scola + Fillers for Duhon
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
It appears the rumor is getting a little stronger and the Bulls and Spurs have been discussing a deal involving Chris Duhon and Scola (Euro PF that was one of Noc's teammates on the Argentinian team). The Spurs would also be giving up some sort of contract in the move.

Scola is thought of as the premiere big in the Euro Leagues. He is 27 and at 6'9 233 is said to have a pretty good skill-set down in the low post. No one is expecting him to be an immediate star but he could come in and develop into a gritty low post scorer that would help Chicago. The Bulls are said to be the team most interested in acquiring Scola, who has said he will not play with the Spurs (I do not know the reasoning behind this).

I think if the Bulls made this deal they would be best suited to bring in a PG using part of the MLE and than just resigning either Malik Allen or PJ Brown (who should be happy to serve a lessor role as one of the final bench pieces to what could be a title team).

Below are some video clips of Scola:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV1phCgmIS4&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT2bH--_iUc...ted&search=
rangercal
wow very intriguing to say the very least.

Odd that he would not want to play on the spurs.
b-riann
QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 7 2007, 02:28 PM) *
wow very intriguing to say the very least.

Odd that he would not want to play on the spurs.

yea, especially considering they have manu, who is from argentina

it depends on how much he would cost us. would u rather have scola or joe smith? ill take scola
SoxFan1
QUOTE (b-riann @ Jul 7 2007, 03:54 PM) *
yea, especially considering they have manu, who is from argentina

it depends on how much he would cost us. would u rather have scola or joe smith? ill take scola

Just because they are from the same country or were international teammates, it doesn't mean they had to necessarily like each other.
dasox24
I'd definitely be in huge favor of a Duhon for Scola trade. Let's make it happen, Pax!
BG7
Hm, really interesting. His game is very reminicient of Pau Gasol.

Unfortunately, not too many people know a whole lot about him, so he is a big question mark, but based on those short videos, he could turn into quite a steal if all we give up is Chris Duhon and someone like Malik Allen.

I think Paxson is inviting guys like Mihm and Joe Smith while showing interest in Moore and others as a coy downplay to what he really wants. Could be an interesting bilateral move by Pax because it leaves the media and other teams guessing who he truly wants, so that the price of getting that certain player doesn't get overvalued.

Should turn out to be very interesting whatever turns out from all this.
Steve9347
That YouTube video with the Star Wars music was enough for me to be on board... LOL!
eddog2
I'd be fine with the trade as long as we for sure can get him in here next year and if we can sign him to a reasonable contract. I don't consider 5 year $38 million like Nocioni has "reasonable" for someone we haven't seen play.

Other than that, I'd love to have him on our team.
Steve9347
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 8 2007, 09:07 AM) *
I'd be fine with the trade as long as we for sure can get him in here next year and if we can sign him to a reasonable contract. I don't consider 5 year $38 million like Nocioni has "reasonable" for someone we haven't seen play.

Other than that, I'd love to have him on our team.

where you at, edwin?
rangercal
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jul 8 2007, 06:03 AM) *
That YouTube video with the Star Wars music was enough for me to be on board... LOL!

same here tongue.gif
Chisoxfn
The Bulls would likely have to use a chunk of the MLE to make the move and hopefully they'd have a chunk left over to offer to a veteran PG that could come in and replace Duhon.
madisonsmadhouse
I think Scola's agent knows he would be a better fit here, and get a lot more PT.
soxfan3530
Sorry for bringing up this old thread but i was wondering if anyone had heard anything about scola. is he still the rights of the spurs or did someone else get him? Help please?/
madisonsmadhouse
He was traded in a small parts package to the Houston Rockets...
soxfan3530
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jul 19 2007, 11:23 AM) *
He was traded in a small parts package to the Houston Rockets...

Bummer. thanks though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.