Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Latest on Bulls and Garnett
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...bulls-headlines

"The ideal thing for us if we're going to make a significant move as a team is to make a trade at some point for a guy who fits. You can't make a deal where you gut your team for one player. And you don't want to make a bad move where you give up something of value just for something of need."

Those words, too, seem to dispel any Garnett-to-the-Bulls notions. For now, it appears the Bulls are content kicking the tires on solid veteran big men who would command all or some of the midlevel salary-cap exception of roughly $5.5 million.

Paxson said Friday the team wouldn't make any offers until the league sets its salary-cap figures Wednesday.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Well yeah, since he screwed up signing Nocioni, the blockbuster trade is pretty much shot down.
madisonsmadhouse
Actually if you stop and think about it for a second, those would be the kind of moves necesary to make a Garnett deal. The Bulls don't have a lot of big salaries, and since both they and the Wolves are over the cap, they would need dollars to ship to MN to make a deal work under the salary cap rules.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Well if thats the case, Nocioni can't be traded for quite while so I don't get why they didn't wait before a trade was coming to sign him. I don't see him going anywhere now unfortunetly
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 9 2007, 09:46 AM) *
Well if thats the case, Nocioni can't be traded for quite while so I don't get why they didn't wait before a trade was coming to sign him. I don't see him going anywhere now unfortunetly

Actually he can still be traded. Contracts can't be signed until July 11th, meaning a deal theoretically can still be done.

Besides with the way the contract is structure, this deal is a good one.
sport1016
yes

this is why it PAYS to wait to pull the trigger on a big deal. Now it would cost half our core at least. Soon Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, and Noce will all be making big money and we'll have to include less in a trade.

A Gordon, Noc, and Noah deal for KG might not look good for them now, but those three pieces could get us a max type superstar in a year or two.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 9 2007, 07:40 AM) *
Well yeah, since he screwed up signing Nocioni, the blockbuster trade is pretty much shot down.

If the Bulls don't resign Nocioni they really have absolutely no chance at ever making a blockbuster trade without including two of the core Bulls (Hinrich, Gordon, Deng). Noc had to be resigned as he is a valuable commodity for the Bulls and will continue to be a valuable chip at the trade deadline as well as next off-season.
dasox24
I'm not sure I would really want a KG deal now anyway. I really did last summer, but now I'm glad we didn't b/c it has put us in better position to acquire other (younger) talent. Unless it would only cost us Gordon, Duhon, Nocioni, and a future 1st rounder, I'd rather just trade for Scola and see what happens. Nocioni had a pretty good rookie season, and I don't see why Scola couldn't have a similar impact.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.