Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Site Upgraded
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
Please bear with us for the next day or so as we have upgrade the message board to the latest version and will be working on clearing up some bugs and getting things all squared away and looking good again (with the logo going back up and a Bulls skin soon to be appearing).

The update should enable us to continue to work on making TalkBulls and the rest of the Talk Chicago Sports sites even better!!!!!!

Let us know if you run into any errors or find any cool new features smile.gif
Sanitarium
Can't wait to see the new skin!
SoxFan1
You can still switch to the old Red/Black TalkBulls skin and use that for now.

BTW, Jas, the Quick Reply has some bugs in it.
Chisoxfn
Ya, the quick reply is related to the new posts. It just has to do with the images I think.
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 9 2007, 11:09 PM) *
You can still switch to the old Red/Black TalkBulls skin and use that for now.

Yeah, that's what I've done. Looks very sharp. Not sure how it could get any better.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
SF1, I thought you said there will never be another skin here? lol
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 10 2007, 12:06 AM) *
SF1, I thought you said there will never be another skin here? lol

One, I never said that. Two, it's not really a "new skin." Wait and see.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 9 2007, 10:13 PM) *
One, I never said that. Two, it's not really a "new skin." Wait and see.

Its gonna be pretty much the same skin, just designed based upon the new sites template (we should have it done by tomorrow night) and pretty soon we'll see that sexy graphic you and slav made smile.gif
WHarris1
Sexy.
Heads22
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10 2007, 01:14 AM) *
Its gonna be pretty much the same skin, just designed based upon the new sites template (we should have it done by tomorrow night) and pretty soon we'll see that sexy graphic you and slav made smile.gif

You're sure not afraid to promise a lot from my end.
madisonsmadhouse
sweet
103 mph Screwball
FANCY! Has lots of gizmo's and interweb thingies
Thanks for running these boards Jason. I don't take them for granted. Your work and your posts are appreciated.
madisonsmadhouse
Hey Jas, the quote button is NOT working right...
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jul 11 2007, 04:28 AM) *
Hey Jas, the quote button is NOT working right...

Test test
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11 2007, 09:36 AM) *
Test test

Test Test
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11 2007, 11:37 AM) *
Test Test

Nope still not right. If I am in the middle of a thread and click the "quote" button, it takes me to the top of the thread, and does not do anything else.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jul 11 2007, 11:45 AM) *
Nope still not right. If I am in the middle of a thread and click the "quote" button, it takes me to the top of the thread, and does not do anything else.

Working fine more me. Both the quote and reply buttons.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jul 11 2007, 09:45 AM) *

Thats how the quote button works. If you hit the actually quote button, you go down and keep clicking all of the quote buttons you want and than hit the add reply button at the bottom and it will quote multiple threads (it has been this way since we upgraded to 2.1).

THe quote reply is the one where you reply to just one individual thread and when you hit that button it takes you directly there.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 12 2007, 12:00 PM) *
Thats how the quote button works. If you hit the actually quote button, you go down and keep clicking all of the quote buttons you want and than hit the add reply button at the bottom and it will quote multiple threads (it has been this way since we upgraded to 2.1).

THe quote reply is the one where you reply to just one individual thread and when you hit that button it takes you directly there.

Its not doing that for me though... It just take me to the top of the thread, and when I hit reply, there is no quoted post there.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jul 12 2007, 10:13 AM) *
Its not doing that for me though... It just take me to the top of the thread, and when I hit reply, there is no quoted post there.

What browser are you using? You may just need to clear your cache
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 12 2007, 12:37 PM) *
What browser are you using? You may just need to clear your cache

IE 6
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jul 12 2007, 10:48 AM) *
IE 6

Try clearing your cache. It has to be a setting somewhere on your end that isn't picking up the new cookies or cache (I'm running on IE 6 right now and having no trouble).

So Cache dump and a cookie dump and you should be good to rock Mike .
b-riann
still no new skin... whats goin on?
dasox24
QUOTE (b-riann @ Jul 16 2007, 07:35 PM) *
still no new skin... whats goin on?

I've got the new skin, or at least I think I do... It's black, red, and similar looking to the old skin, except for font and some other things, right?

EDIT: Guess I'm wrong...
b-riann
i dont have any new skin. am i the only one?
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (b-riann @ Jul 16 2007, 06:53 PM) *
i dont have any new skin. am i the only one?

No, the actual new skin won't be released till tomorrow. We are working on the new buttons. The actual coloring is already complete (but we have it hidden until it is officially finished).

Plus as of tomorrow the server load will be back to normal and this place should be flying from here on out.
Bullseye
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 16 2007, 09:00 PM) *
No, the actual new skin won't be released till tomorrow. We are working on the new buttons. The actual coloring is already complete (but we have it hidden until it is officially finished).

Plus as of tomorrow the server load will be back to normal and this place should be flying from here on out.

I can't wait... p.s. I love you ph34r.gif

also, I don't really love you, but really appreciate what you do for us fans. I am strictly into women, not men. Sorry to disappoint biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Bullseye @ Jul 16 2007, 07:56 PM) *
I can't wait... p.s. I love you ph34r.gif

also, I don't really love you, but really appreciate what you do for us fans. I am strictly into women, not men. Sorry to disappoint biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Haha...glad you like the place cheers.gif

Oh and I lied...I'm uploading the new buttons (courtesy of Soxfan1) and the skin will be launched in the next 30 minutes.
Chisoxfn
I want to note anyone that sees the dead image links. Those will be fixed in the next 10-15 minutes. I'm about to pass out for the night, but I have an upload in progress and once that is done we will see the new buttons (and you should already see the new colors).

So thank you Soxfan1 and Heads for an amazing job cheers.gif

And thank you members for being patient while we dealt with all these upgrades!!!!
Chisoxfn
Bam...you all should see the new buttons.
sport1016
really good job guys
dasox24
Ooh, I like it. Looks pretty cool. Great job, boys!
Bullseye
wow... nice! when will talkbears new skin be up? Everytime I enter that site with that default white skin, a kitten dies sad.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Bullseye @ Jul 16 2007, 11:40 PM) *
wow... nice! when will talkbears new skin be up? Everytime I enter that site with that default white skin, a kitten dies sad.gif

Soon enough. Kalapse and I are working on a set for TalkBears now.
Bullseye
Speculation on my part, but I have a feeling that the new homepage, for all them, will be on a site called talkchicagosports.com... call me crazy!

Also, I can't wait for the new talkbears skin... you guys do great jobs.
Brian
QUOTE (Bullseye @ Jul 16 2007, 11:52 PM) *
Speculation on my part, but I have a feeling that the new homepage, for all them, will be on a site called talkchicagosports.com... call me crazy!

Also, I can't wait for the new talkbears skin... you guys do great jobs.

Does that mean there will be a talkcubs.com? sad.gif
Bullseye
I personally think so, but I am not the one running and paying for the site(s).
madisonsmadhouse
Talkcubs has been in the planning stages for a while now... Its just a matter of getting the work done, and finding the right people to run it. Its a part of a our larger vision of having one place for all Chicago sports fans.
Chisoxfn
The talkchicagosports front page won't be rolled out for a while...but you are right, one day that will be the plan.
Bullseye
is there gonna be a talkrush? biggrin.gif
DutheDoduhon21
what about a talksky? laugh.gif
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 17 2007, 02:10 PM) *
what about a talksky? laugh.gif

Nah, we aren't interested in a Polish dating site ;0)
DrunkBomber
Man, a Cubs forum would be interesting. I tend to think there would be lots of trolling.
Bullseye
QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 17 2007, 03:56 PM) *
Man, a Cubs forum would be interesting. I tend to think there would be lots of trolling.

I don't think there would be trolling cause if there are lots of admins/mods and if there was a troll, they would hopefully be suspeneded/banned. Some friendly banter is always nice though...
hinrich fan
Kudos to the people or people responsible for da new look...looking good!
No offense...I did like it when my boy K-Rich was up top...just my two cents!
dasox24
Well, I don't know if this feature was available before, but I don't think it was: You can go back and only read the threads you've posted in. I've had some fun over the last hour reading stuff from the draft/free agency last summer...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.