Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NBA League Pass
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
eddog2
Hey,

As you all know I love the Bulls. I recently moved to Texas and I am considering getting NBA league pass or maybe a dish (if I can get comcast sports net in the chicago region). I really want to see as many if not all the Bulls games.

Does anyone have NBA league pass? If so, do you know how many Bulls games they played last year? I really want to know so I can make a smart purchase decision and see as many games as possible.

Sincerely,

eddog2
Serbbojo
i dunno what its called but they have something on nba.com that you can purchase that allows you to stream nba games off their site. You could consider doing that, but im not sure how good the quality is and how smooth it runs.
ZoomSlowik
I can't give you any good info about League Pass, but getting a dish with the regional sports pack isn't going to work. We have that, and they black out all the out-of-market MLB/NBA games to make you purchase the Extra Innings/League Pass package.
mmmmmbeeer
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 11 2007, 04:51 PM) *
I can't give you any good info about League Pass, but getting a dish with the regional sports pack isn't going to work. We have that, and they black out all the out-of-market MLB/NBA games to make you purchase the Extra Innings/League Pass package.

With DirecTV you do get the NBATV channel with the regional sports pack. So, although it certainly doesn't provide you with every game, you do get to see the Bulls more often than just depending on WGN. Probably an additional 6-10 games over the course of the season.
sport1016
the only way to stream games over the internet is if you purchase nba league pass. You have to put in your cable/satellite acct number and everything. I think you have to get nba LP to get all the games you want.
Steve9347
FYI Edwin, if you buy NBA League Pass through your cable/satellite provider, you get NBA League Pass Broadband so you'd be able to watch the games online as well.
dasox24
QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 11 2007, 03:59 PM) *
With DirecTV you do get the NBATV channel with the regional sports pack. So, although it certainly doesn't provide you with every game, you do get to see the Bulls more often than just depending on WGN. Probably an additional 6-10 games over the course of the season.

Sweet! That's good to know b/c I'll have DirecTV at school next year and I believe we'll have all the packages like the "sports pack" you mentioned. I love watching me some Bulls, and I've always had to rely on WGN Superstation games, so it's good to know I'll be able to see more this year.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 11 2007, 04:30 PM) *
Sweet! That's good to know b/c I'll have DirecTV at school next year and I believe we'll have all the packages like the "sports pack" you mentioned. I love watching me some Bulls, and I've always had to rely on WGN Superstation games, so it's good to know I'll be able to see more this year.

We had to purchase the sports pack as an add-on, I think it's like $12 bucks a month. Not sure if that was what you meant or not...

Didn't really know about the NBA channel, don't really use that. I like it for college sports, those don't get blacked out. We're also one of the 10 households in America that get ESPNU. smile.gif

Edit- Awesome, I just went to the NBA Channel, and they're showing Summer League games on there. ohmy.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 11 2007, 09:38 PM) *
Didn't really know about the NBA channel, don't really use that. I like it for college sports, those don't get blacked out. We're also one of the 10 households in America that get ESPNU. smile.gif

I feel special. I get ESPNU.
sport1016
i proudly just cancelled ESPNU
SoxFan1
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jul 11 2007, 11:35 PM) *
i proudly just cancelled ESPNU

Why? Mine came for free with the DirecTV sports package.
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 11 2007, 11:41 PM) *
Why? Mine came for free with the DirecTV sports package.

Alright! So I guess I'll be getting ESPNU next year. I'm gonna love being able to watch some lacrosse games on it next year, and whatever else cool they show. However, what I am wondering is if I'll get the Big Ten Network. Do you know if you have to pay extra for that or will that come with the sports package or something?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 11 2007, 11:48 PM) *
Alright! So I guess I'll be getting ESPNU next year. I'm gonna love being able to watch some lacrosse games on it next year, and whatever else cool they show. However, what I am wondering is if I'll get the Big Ten Network. Do you know if you have to pay extra for that or will that come with the sports package or something?

I still don't know about the BTN, and I'm anxious to see if DirecTV will add it on to the sports package free of charge. When does that channel go into circulation?

EDIT: Launches Aug 30th and will be available nationwide to DirecTV users.
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 11 2007, 11:50 PM) *
I still don't know about the BTN, and I'm anxious to see if DirecTV will add it on to the sports package free of charge. When does that channel go into circulation?

I believe it starts airing next month.

EDIT: Hell yeah! So it looks like I'll be getting it! I'm so glad I have DirecTV next year, and it won't cost me too much b/c the cost is split among all the guys living in my house.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 11 2007, 01:17 PM) *
Hey,

As you all know I love the Bulls. I recently moved to Texas and I am considering getting NBA league pass or maybe a dish (if I can get comcast sports net in the chicago region). I really want to see as many if not all the Bulls games.

Does anyone have NBA league pass? If so, do you know how many Bulls games they played last year? I really want to know so I can make a smart purchase decision and see as many games as possible.

Sincerely,

eddog2

I've had league pass for probably 3-4 years and you get pretty much every Bulls game but 2. It is a must have for anyone that is a fan of a team and lives out of the market (same for the MLB package for baseball). Those are the two packages I get every year.

For the Bears...I go to the bar.
eddog2
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 12 2007, 12:02 PM) *
I've had league pass for probably 3-4 years and you get pretty much every Bulls game but 2. It is a must have for anyone that is a fan of a team and lives out of the market (same for the MLB package for baseball). Those are the two packages I get every year.

For the Bears...I go to the bar.

Finally someone with a concrete answer. I'll definately have to look into it and hopefully purchase it while it's on a special promotion before the season starts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.