Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: White Sox vs Orioles
TalkBulls Forums > Special Interests > Shoot The Bull
Chisoxfn
Contreras throws a high 94 MPH fastball (his first was at 90, second at 94). I read an article saying he was throwing harder and just early on (one batter) his mechanics look a lot lot better.

Still I want to see if he consistently does some stuff. Splitter looked real good on the second batter. Trust me, if he shows his good stuff, his trade value will immediately take off.
Chisoxfn
Second batter he threw a sick splitter. And to the third his splitter is working good again. I'm predicting a dominating Contreras performance today.
Chisoxfn
Great, the runner gets on and now things don't look quite as impressive as he doesn't have as good of command of his stuff. He did threw a fb that looked real good (no gun on it though).
Heads22
Shouldn't you be working on Soxtalk? tongue.gif
wite
I loooooooove it when you talk to yourself
Chisoxfn
I am...the query I'm running has about 8 more hours left so I can't do anything else during it. I'm thinking Monday may be a pipe dream based on how long some of these queries are taking to run.

92 on his FB out of the stretch. 76 on the splitter/forkball.
Chisoxfn
Is Hawk an idiot? Contreras hangs the spiff out of the pitch and goes....well thats a popup. The thing was crushed off the wall.

Contreras couldn't have thrown a bigger hanger. On a sidenote, the more I see Hall behind the plate the more I wonder what the hell he's calling half of the time. Just the location where he puts the glove at times is ridiculously bad.
Heads22
Why is the time so far off?

Also, you could always hop onto AIM and tell me what the hell I missed this weekend.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 15 2007, 09:21 AM) *

Also, you could always hop onto AIM and tell me what the hell I missed this weekend.

You didn't miss anything. I've been doing work on the site all day since yesterday (although when I run the long queries I leave cause I don't need to be here while those are running and I can't doing anything else when they are going).

unfortunately before I get to the faster queries I have to run all the gigantic ones and i am guessing tomorrow will be when they are done (and I'll have work so I won't be able to run any other stuff till than). Just be ready to kick some butt on the skins once its ready.
Chisoxfn
3 walks so far in the game for the Sox. Andy Gonzalez/Paul Konerko/Josh Fields.

Terrero is gonna tie it up right here.
Heads22
You didn't answer why the time is off....is it due to you freaking around in the server?
Kalapse
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 15 2007, 11:21 AM) *

Did you get the files I sent you?
Heads22
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 15 2007, 11:31 AM) *
Did you get the files I sent you?

Yeah, thanks, I just need to understand how to edit them...I plan on messing with them in a bit.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 15 2007, 09:31 AM) *
You didn't answer why the time is off....is it due to you freaking around in the server?

Probably has to do with something getting change when we upgraded the forums (I haven't messed with the server time). Although it could be because the server switch. Not too concerned...I'll bother with the smaller stuff once the hard, massive resource stuff is out of the way.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 15 2007, 09:33 AM) *
Yeah, thanks, I just need to understand how to edit them...I plan on messing with them in a bit.

Is it pictures that you need to upload? I'm just going to warn you if you can't get into ftp its because the server is running hard stuff and because I'm tied directly into the server right now on my computer, ftp sometimes won't work (because everything will shut down if it gets in the way of what I'm running).

However if you can get in feel free to do whatever work you need to.
Heads22
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 15 2007, 11:36 AM) *
Is it pictures that you need to upload? I'm just going to warn you if you can't get into ftp its because the server is running hard stuff and because I'm tied directly into the server right now on my computer, ftp sometimes won't work (because everything will shut down if it gets in the way of what I'm running).

However if you can get in feel free to do whatever work you need to.

no
Heads22
Thrown out runner?
Chisoxfn
Holy crap...is that the first person Hall has thrown out all year?
Heads22
Suckitude.
Brian
The losing and my misery has fueled my hatred for Hawk. I don't want him back next year. I want a legit play by play guy who actually talks about the game at hand in the booth with DJ.
Brian
Dye goes yard. Better get super hot after reading him cry in the Suntimes again today.

I like Josh Fields, but his swing is way too big.
Heads22
QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 15 2007, 12:04 PM) *
Dye goes yard. Better get super hot after reading him cry in the Suntimes again today.

I like Josh Fields, but his swing is way too big.

link?
Brian
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 15 2007, 12:06 PM) *
link?

Suntimes...

Extension Snub Irks Dye
Bullseye
I made a thread about this in the :how does this work" section, but I'll make a post in here anyway... Has Talkbulls (and talkbears for that matter) been running slow for anyone else? If so, is it because of the updates and nothing everything sorted out yet?
Heads22
Darin Erstad, the SAVIOR.

You'lll have to wait for Jason's explanation, but i believe that is it.
Kalapse
3 of Corey Patterson's 4 HRs this year have come against the Sox. This is ridiculous.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 15 2007, 10:33 AM) *
3 of Corey Patterson's 4 HRs this year have come against the Sox. This is ridiculous.

3 of Kevin Millar's 9 home runs have come against the Sox as well. He has no more than 1 against any ohter team.
Heads22
keep goin jermaine
Kalapse
Trade.Value.
Heads22
Toby!
SoxFan1
Whats the score?
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 15 2007, 12:23 PM) *
Trade.Value.

He's looking much better at the plate. 2 hits on Saturday, the good game in the series opener and than today in his first at bat he just missed one (but was right on the ball) and than clubbed the next one.

Too bad Contreras isn't doing his job of increasing his trade value. He was actually getting decent leg drive in the first but than after giving up a couple hits looked like he lost confidence and really lost his good drive. Still, his velocity has been better than the last couple games as he has gotten 94 once, 92 a couple times and 90-91 a lot (and he wasn't even getting there his last couple outings).

His fork has went to hell too (nothing real good on it since the first inning or so).
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 15 2007, 12:53 PM) *
Whats the score?

5-3 Bmore.
Heads22
Boone Logan still awesome.
SoxFan1
Nice inning Booner.
Brian
No AJ PHing?
fathom
Hopefully nothing is up with AJ. Assuming he was able to play, then it just reiterates my belief that Ozzie doesn't deserve to still be manager of this team. At least there's been no false sense of this team's ability to win. Good game Jermaine!
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 15 2007, 01:27 PM) *
Hopefully nothing is up with AJ. Assuming he was able to play, then it just reiterates my belief that Ozzie doesn't deserve to still be manager of this team. At least there's been no false sense of this team's ability to win. Good game Jermaine!

Jermaine didn't have a bad AB today. He just missed one in the first (but the swing looked good) and than the ground out in the 8th was hammered (just hit the mound and bounced over to 2nd).

Gotta like seeing that. Hall even threw out two guys and had two hits (he looks horrid though for the most part and I swear he's never gotten anyone home with less than 2 outs and a runner at 3rd or at least it feels that way).
fathom
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 15 2007, 03:38 PM) *
Jermaine didn't have a bad AB today. He just missed one in the first (but the swing looked good) and than the ground out in the 8th was hammered (just hit the mound and bounced over to 2nd).

Gotta like seeing that. Hall even threw out two guys and had two hits (he looks horrid though for the most part and I swear he's never gotten anyone home with less than 2 outs and a runner at 3rd or at least it feels that way).

He's swinging at like 60 pct. He has to push the bat through the zone. Just let him get labrum surgery now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.