Pages: 1, 2
Kalapse
Hizzah!
Heads22
I love me some Danks.
Kalapse
The Sox are winning.
Soxbadger
The Sox frustrate me so much that I dont even know what to say.

I do know that I like there are only 3 members and not one of them Im afraid will say something that will make me want to hang myself smile.gif
Kalapse
It makes me ill to hear Jim Thome get booed.
Kalapse
The Cubs traded for the insanely overpaid Jason Kendall.
b-riann
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 16 2007, 06:31 PM) *

and his 226 average, even though hes hitting 287 in his last 25 games
Mr. Showtime
I got home to an 11-5 game, and I see the bullpen is up to it's old tricks.
Brian
Micro-managing gives me headaches.

Up 6 runs, Thornton gives up a single. Big whoop. Let's bring in Suckvich.

If Uribe can't play defense, he is worthless. Even more so than he is now.
Buehrle-gt-Wood
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 16 2007, 06:31 PM) *

lolhitting.gif

Who did they give up??
dasox24
QUOTE (Buehrle-gt-Wood @ Jul 16 2007, 08:08 PM) *
lolhitting.gif

Who did they give up??

C Rob Bowen and P Jerry Blevins. Not a big loss for the Cubs... This is the type of trade I'd be fine with if we traded Contreras b/c it would get rid of his fat contract.
Kalapse
QUOTE (Buehrle-gt-Wood @ Jul 16 2007, 08:08 PM) *
lolhitting.gif

Who did they give up??

Rob Bowen and Jerry Blevins. The Pirates are paying $5M of his salary for this season so the Cubs will only have to pay him about $4M for the rest of the season (pro-rated from $8M).
Brian
Opposing teams should have no problem running on the Cubs anymore.
DrunkBomber
I also think Oakland is picking up 5 mil of Kendalls contract
Kalapse
QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 16 2007, 08:20 PM) *
I also think Oakland is picking up 5 mil of Kendalls contract

That's the $5M that Pittsburgh is already paying. Oakland doesn't give out cash.

So what are the odds Bobby closes this thing out right here with no problems?
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 16 2007, 06:21 PM) *
That's the $5M that Pittsburgh is already paying. Oakland doesn't give out cash.

So what are the odds Bobby closes this thing out right here with no problems?

ESPN certainly says the A's are including some cash.
Kendall, who signed a six-year $60 million contract with Pittsburgh before the 2002 season, is making $13 million this season in the final year of the deal.

Cubs general manager Jim Hendry said Kendall would do his best to join the Cubs for Tuesday night's game against the Giants at Wrigley Field. The Cubs also get cash in the deal.

Anyway...how in the world do you go from 11-2 to 11-10?

If nothing else, I guess our bullpen is padding Bobby's save numbers with games like today. Yeesh.
b-riann
W

not pretty, but we got it done
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 16 2007, 04:31 PM) *

ESPN initially reported it was for Sean Marshall and I was laughing hysterically that the Cubs would give up that much. A change of scenery could do Kendall good but I still have some serious doubts as to why the Cubs would want Kendall (I'd think there would be better options..maybe a Bengie Molina since the Giants are falling further and further out).

I am glad that this move will allow Suzuki to become the everyday catcher for the A's.
Bullseye
I fail to see how the Cubs upgraded the catching position... in fact, they might have downgraded, IMO.
Bullseye
since soxtalk is still down, I might as well post this here. Massett was optioned down to AAA and Wasserman was called up.
Bullseye
crede was moved to the 60 day DL to make room. Also, the tribune reported that the Diamondbacks played Conor Jackson in LF to showcase him for a possible trade with us.
madisonsmadhouse
Wow, Wasserman... We are really dipping deep into the farm system to find anything.
Chisoxfn
Just in case you guys haven't read the message on soxtalk. The site will open as soon as I get home from work tonight (the last and final query took extra long...24 hours).
Bullseye
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 17 2007, 02:50 PM) *
Just in case you guys haven't read the message on soxtalk. The site will open as soon as I get home from work tonight (the last and final query took extra long...24 hours).

for some reason the message is in white for me... if anyone else has a problem seeing the post just highlight it.
SoxFan1
The message appears in white font and is not visible because of the white background. A few more touch-ups and it will be open.
Chisoxfn
1.16 million posts have been rebuild so far. There is about 1.5 million of them total. So that puts us around 9 PM tonight.
Mr. Showtime
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 17 2007, 07:37 PM) *
1.16 million posts have been rebuild so far. There is about 1.5 million of them total. So that puts us around 9 PM tonight.

I like the buttons here on talkBulls.
DrunkBomber
Is it almost showtime at Soxtalk yet?
Mr. Showtime
QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 17 2007, 08:47 PM) *
Is it almost showtime at Soxtalk yet?

It's always Showtime. MIRITE? lolhitting.gif
DrunkBomber
I cant believe Mack held him at third there
b-riann
jenks sucks now too puke.gif Drinking.gif chair.gif
Rowand44
I don't think Day realizes that he has an above average fastball. He's in love with his slider.
Buehrle-gt-Wood
Ugh.
SoxFan1
Haha, and I said to myself earlier, I bet the Sox lose in extra innings and KW makes a trade. laugh.gif
Kalapse
Ugh there's a reason why I've been such an adamant proponent of dealing Jenks.
Bullseye
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 17 2007, 10:15 PM) *
Ugh there's a reason why I've been such an adamant proponent of dealing Jenks.

same here... he was hitting 96-97 on the clock though...
Bullseye
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 17 2007, 09:54 PM) *
I don't think Day realizes that he has an above average fastball. He's in love with his slider.

I agree... But I also think he is mainly a 1 inning pitcher, as in all of the times I've seen him pitch, if he goes more then 1 inning, he usually gets hit. But there was no choice but let him pitch in extras...
Bullseye
so, is soxtalk delayed a bit still? I am going through withdrawal right now.
Kalapse
QUOTE (Bullseye @ Jul 17 2007, 10:28 PM) *
so, is soxtalk delayed a bit still? I am going through withdrawal right now.

It should be some time tonight.
Bullseye
little minors update here. Sweeney has homered in his past two games, with one being a grand slam. Richar got 4 hits yesterday I think and got one or two today, and a homer. He has been playing mainly shortstop and has his average up to almost .360 with Charlotte (.300+ all together). Broadway bounced back yesterday as well by going 7 strong and striking out 8. Gio lost yesterday though.
Bullseye
Poreda finally made an appearance. Pitched 1 inning of relief for great falls. struck out 2 and gave up 1 hit.
dasox24
QUOTE (Bullseye @ Jul 17 2007, 10:55 PM) *
little minors update here. Sweeney has homered in his past two games, with one being a grand slam. Richar got 4 hits yesterday I think and got one or two today, and a homer. He has been playing mainly shortstop and has his average up to almost .360 with Charlotte (.300+ all together). Broadway bounced back yesterday as well by going 7 strong and striking out 8. Gio lost yesterday though.

*shaking* I need my SoxTalk fix...

Seriously, Richar is just awesome right now. I really wanted to see what he can do in the bigs. Sweeney too for that matter... And, it's great to see Poreda finally pitch again.
Bullseye
while we are waiting for our soxtalk fix... any thought on Conor Jackson? I'm a big fan of his, and would love to get him.
dasox24
QUOTE (Bullseye @ Jul 17 2007, 11:36 PM) *
while we are waiting for our soxtalk fix... any thought on Conor Jackson? I'm a big fan of his, and would love to get him.

I would too, as long as it weren't in a Garland trade, for example. If we could trade Contreras + prospect for Jackson, I'd be all over that. His .261 avg. isn't what the D'Backs were imagining this year, but his OBP (.364) is still pretty good for a .260 hitter thanks to his great eye (11 more BB's than K's).
Bullseye
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 17 2007, 11:44 PM) *
I would too, as long as it weren't in a Garland trade, for example. If we could trade Contreras + prospect for Jackson, I'd be all over that. His .261 avg. isn't what the D'Backs were imagining this year, but his OBP (.364) is still pretty good for a .260 hitter thanks to his great eye (11 more BB's than K's).

Agreed. I really hope Contreras and maybe someone like McCulloch could get Jackson to the southside... but I have my doubts about that.
madisonsmadhouse
At least Chuck Haegar looked good tonight. His eighth inning had to be a nice confidence booster.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 17 2007, 09:54 PM) *

Yeah, the only way that slider is effective is if the hitters think a fastball is coming. The fastball has to be his primary pitch in order for them to fear the slider. If they think the slider is coming, they will just take it for a strike and get 2-0/3-1 and look for the fastball instead.
Flash Tizzle
Yeah, I thought Soxtalk was fixed. Two days should have been enough to configure these problems.

All I have to say is this -- WSI doesn't have these concerns. jpshakehead.gif

biggrin.gif
Bullseye
Floyd pitched 8 innings for Charlotte today, giving up 2 runs on 3 hits while striking out 10 and walking 2. He got the ND today, mainly in part from no help from the dynamic duo up front, Podsednik and Erstad. Combined, they went 1-10 with 3 strike outs and leaving 3 runners on. Sweeney cooled down by going 0-4 with a BB but Richar got a couple more hits today.
Mr. Showtime
What the hell happened to ST? Sheesh, I go to work for 8 hours and the board is down again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.