Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gasol
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
eddog2
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2960667

Not that I was expecting him to really get traded to the Bulls, but the sigining of Juan Carlos Navarro the PG from Spain all but guarantees that the team is trying to keep Gasol happy and that they are not trying to trade him.

The Grizzlies have a very young lineup and with the addition of Milicic, the growth of Conley & Gay, they are going to become a good team in the next couple of years.

I would say that if Navarro really turns out to be good, it could be Conley that eventually gets traded.
ZoomSlowik
I would think that Navarro is basically a stop-gap as Conley develops, and as an added bonus he's a really good friend of Gasol. Unless he absolutely tears up the league (you never know, he is one of the top guards in Europe), I wouldn't expect Conley to go anywhere, at least not in the next 2 years minimum.
eddog2
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 4 2007, 11:17 PM) *
I would think that Navarro is basically a stop-gap as Conley develops, and as an added bonus he's a really good friend of Gasol. Unless he absolutely tears up the league (you never know, he is one of the top guards in Europe), I wouldn't expect Conley to go anywhere, at least not in the next 2 years minimum.

Yeah. That's kind of what I was thinking. He'd really have to be great for them to trade Conley. However, if both turn into great PG's, I would think that they would keep Navarro only b/c he is going to be close to Gasol. I'm sure that is a decision they really hope they have the luxury of making in a couple of years, b/c good PG's usually can be traded for a great missing piece that a team needs.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Aug 4 2007, 11:25 PM) *
Yeah. That's kind of what I was thinking. He'd really have to be great for them to trade Conley. However, if both turn into great PG's, I would think that they would keep Navarro only b/c he is going to be close to Gasol. I'm sure that is a decision they really hope they have the luxury of making in a couple of years, b/c good PG's usually can be traded for a great missing piece that a team needs.

Well, Navarro also has, what, 8 years on Conley? I would think teams would generally lean towards the younger guy, though I guess if Navarro will sign cheap next round and Conley won't you never know.
madisonsmadhouse
Memphis is still a few years away at best.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.