Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sam Cassell
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
eddog2
Okay, this might be a little far fetched, but with the Brand injury, the Clippers should basically think about tanking the season and getting the highest pick they can next year. They sure won't make the playoffs without Brand & Livingston.

I was thinking that Cassell might start asking to be traded b/c I'm sure he doesn't want to spend on of his last season on a losing team. Cassell is in the last year of his contract and will make $6.15 million.

I think it would be very smart for the Bulls to try and get him. Maybe they could trade Duhon, Khryapa and a couple second round picks. It may only be a 1 year deal for the Bulls but it gives them a very nice expiring contract, (or trade asset should they make a big move at the deadline), and it gives them a very good quality backup PG. Even though Cassell will turn 38 he still has something left in the tank. Plus it never hurts to have another vet and a guy who is another version of Mr. Bigshot in his career. He had a bad 3 point shooting year last year, but for the most part he's always been a decent 3 point shooter which is always a plus. He really is more of a streaky shooter than a pure shooter, but he makes big plays.

I'm predicting it now. If the Bulls don't go after him, I think the Celtics or the Heat will.
SoxFan1
I must admit that Cassell would be a splendid addition as a true back-up PG. He's definitely got experience and he knows how to play. But think about this, Joakim Noah and Sam Cassell on the same team? Eww.
TeaLeafReaderII
I can't it imagine it would be worth it for the Bulls to outbid the teams that actually need a point guard.
Balta1701-B
You know, that's actually not the worst idea I've ever heard. The expiring contract doesn't mean too much since we're more over the cap than that and will be even more, and because we'd actually want him around at playoff time so we wouldn't be trading him midseason...but that's really not a bad idea if the Clips would be interested in that.
dasox24
I guess I'd be OK with trading for Cassell. He would add another solid, veteran presence. But really, I wouldn't care either way. I'm pretty happy with this team right now as it is. I think there's always a risk adding a new guy to the team who is used to starting, though. I guess he did only start about half the games he played in last year, but he wouldn't start any for us and would get about 10 less mpg.
madisonsmadhouse
Eh. I don't see the need for Cassell versus something else.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.