Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PJ Brown's future uncertain
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
SoxFan1
With it looking very unlikely that PJ is going to come back with the Bulls, teams like the Suns and Magic have cornered Brown as a possible addition. Latest rumor has him landing with the Magic, but the Magic are also keying in on Webber. Personally I think that PJ is going to retire...

Orlando Sentinel
Balta1701-B
Well, either way, PJ did do some good work for us last year, both as a hard worker in the playoffs and perhaps more importantly in his work with double-T.
dasox24
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Aug 5 2007, 05:23 PM) *
Well, either way, PJ did do some good work for us last year, both as a hard worker in the playoffs and perhaps more importantly in his work with double-T.

That sums up my thoughts exactly. I really hope the best for him b/c he was a class act and a good example for the young guys (especially TT, like Balta said).
SoxFan1
I'll never forget that phenomenal 1st half performance against the Pistons.
Brian
PJ Brown had his moments, but if he goes, oh well. Lots of times he was out of position and didn't box out and gave up a lot of offenseive rebounds at bad times.
Balta1701-B
Roto:
Free agent big man P.J. Brown is reportedly in Phoenix talking with the Suns about a spot on the team.
That is in conflict with what his agent, Mark Bartelstein, was saying on Monday. Bartlestein said that Brown didn't have any visits planned and that he might not even make a decision on whether he'll play this year until next week. The fact that he's talking to the Suns means he's probably not retiring, and the Mavericks and Heat are also hoping that he gives them a shot as well. Brown is one of the best low post options still available on the free agent market. Aug. 15 - 10:46 am et
Source: Dallas Morning News
He'd make an awful lot of sense for the Suns if they can fit him in with their cap issues.
Balta1701-B
SN
Heat coach Pat Riley said Thursday that while the 17-year veteran Payton is unlikely to return, the team has interest in signing free agent forward P.J. Brown and are hoping to re-sign forward James Posey.

Brown averaged 6.1 points last season for the Chicago Bulls. Brown, who'll turn 38 in October, played for Riley and the Heat from 1996 through 2000, helping Miami to the playoffs in all four seasons.

"I'd love to hang his jersey from the rafters here," said Riley, who has talked to Brown personally about a return. "I really would because he is one of my all-time favorite players, I think one of the all-time favorite players in the history of the Heat. I think he could really help us."

Posey has spent the last two seasons with Miami.

"We're still talking and I don't know what is going to happen," Riley said
madisonsmadhouse
Miami is poised to become the LA Lakers. One star who makes it about a .500 team with no supporting case. Shaq is done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.