Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls should draft Richard Roby with the 15th pick
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Michael Jordan
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/richardroby.asp

He is compared to Allan Houston. And he's a Half-brother of Kenyon Martin.
HoofHearted
I just read three seperate articles on him, and all say he has one of the best shots and range in college. Not too bad of a prospect, not high on a lot of draft boards, but he sounds as good as any we could take there. I also like the fact he has a bro in the NBA, who is actually good, that can help him and keep him motivated. Gotta like this kid, thanks for pointing him out. I have a couple friends at Boulder, I'll ask them about him when I talk to them. His 3pt% isnt as high as one would assume from the talk around him, but at least he is steady early, .356 this year, .374 last year as a freshman.
Michael Jordan
He is also an excellent defender.
HoofHearted
Mo Ager, and Rudy Fernandez, and this guy appear to be good options with our second pick. Im partial to Ager because he of the level of cempetition he faced along with the fact he is a proven and efficient scorer from beyond the arc and he is SO athletic. He is listed by 6'4" by some, and 6'5" by most, but he has a long wingspan that makes him appear to be much bigger when shooting his J or defending.
madisonsmadhouse
Just judging by Pax's draft history, he seems to prefer the guys who come from winning programs with tough coaches, so Ager could be a solid projection for a second pick.
JPargo
If anything it will probably be one of the guys listed on the "reinforcements Part 2" section on the front page
bulls91
he will be another good option if they decide to go with a center with the first pick. the olny thing that i am worried about is that they did not mention if he could drive to the basket that is what we really need like waht brandon roy does. i am thinking that we should get roy because he does posses that talent and then go with O' Bryant with the second pick. that would be a good draft for us. pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
nitetrain8601
Bulls have enough guys who settle for jumpers. We need big men with offense and slashers. Despite popular belief, Deng is not a slasher.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 18 2006, 04:22 PM)
he will be another good option if they decide to go with a center with the first pick. the olny thing that i am worried about is that they did not mention if he could drive to the basket that is what we really need like waht brandon roy does. i am thinking that we should get roy because he does posses that talent and then go with O' Bryant with the second pick. that would be a good draft for us. pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I keep telling you O'Bryant will NOT last until the Bulls 2nd pick. Guys with NBA bodies and potential get picked way before that point. Look at Chris Mihm as an excellent example.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Apr 18 2006, 01:03 AM)
Mo Ager, and Rudy Fernandez, and this guy appear to be good options with our second pick. Im partial to Ager because he of the level of cempetition he faced along with the fact he is a proven and efficient scorer from beyond the arc and he is SO athletic. He is listed by 6'4" by some, and 6'5" by most, but he has a long wingspan that makes him appear to be much bigger when shooting his J or defending.

I agree 100% on Ager. It's highly possible that he's the most talented guard in the draft. The athleticism and shooting are definitely nice. The only thing that really worries me is his defensive effort. He can be a good defender if he sets his mind to it, but it doesn't seem to be a priority with him. The only reason I didn't list him in my previous article is that at the time it looked like we'd be picking a little too high for where he is projected to go (late teens to early 20's).

Roby is interesting, but he doesn't really wow me. Everyone says that he is a great shooter, but his percentages from outside the arc are only decent. He's got decent talent, and he'd work toward the second half of the first round.
beck72
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 19 2006, 08:15 PM)
I agree 100% on Ager. It's highly possible that he's the most talented guard in the draft. The athleticism and shooting are definitely nice. The only thing that really worries me is his defensive effort. He can be a good defender if he sets his mind to it, but it doesn't seem to be a priority with him. The only reason I didn't list him in my previous article is that at the time it looked like we'd be picking a little too high for where he is projected to go (late teens to early 20's).

Roby is interesting, but he doesn't really wow me. Everyone says that he is a great shooter, but his percentages from outside the arc are only decent. He's got decent talent, and he'd work toward the second half of the first round.

With Ager's suspect defense [or at least his effort in question] I don't see him being a Skiles/ Pax pick. Ager's effort on d will likely decrease in the pros.

Roby might be a decent option with the 15th pick. If he's quick enough on d and can help some with his offense. The Bulls need some strong d from the guards, esp length and quickness. Whether Roby is the guy, who knows.
bulls91
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Apr 18 2006, 01:03 AM)

the olny thing that i have brought up with every one is which one of them can drove to the basket like roy that is another thing that is needed that can also shoot.
Heads22
I was never overly impressed with Roby in the Big 12. He was a good college player but I don't know if that will necessarily translate to the NBA.

At least, I don't think he's good enough to be the 15th pick.
nitetrain8601
QUOTE (beck72 @ Apr 22 2006, 06:09 AM)
With Ager's suspect defense [or at least his effort in question] I don't see him being a Skiles/ Pax pick. Ager's effort on d will likely decrease in the pros.

Roby might be a decent option with the 15th pick. If he's quick enough on d and can help some with his offense. The Bulls need some strong d from the guards, esp length and quickness. Whether Roby is the guy, who knows.

I still don't get the whole defensive argument considering the Bulls are #1 in that department. I guess I'll never get it.
beck72
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 22 2006, 07:49 PM)
I still don't get the whole defensive argument considering the Bulls are #1 in that department. I guess I'll never get it.

The Bulls have trouble defending quick point guards, tall shooting guards and low post scorers [going by the big games some players have had vs the Bulls]. This is esp. true when teams use isolation to get in a 1 on 1 situation, where the Bulls can't use help defense.

Wade and Shaq last night are the two most recent examples.
bulls91
something just came to me is there any good FA shooting guards that will not sign with ther current teams. if we draft Aldridge and then sear sene get ried of pargo and sweets along with schincher and draft a tall shooting guard that can drive to the basketball we would be all set.

give me any names that you can think of in that situation. unsure.gif
Chisoxfn
There aren't really any good shooting guards. Peja Stojakovic is the only guy thats really good and he's a SF.
bulls91
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 23 2006, 01:34 PM)
There aren't really any good shooting guards. Peja Stojakovic is the only guy thats really good and he's a SF.

i was also thinking of some one like Bonzi wells but i do not know if we can afford him wiith all the other action in the off-season but is a possibility. huh.gif

what does every one think about him is he good i can not remember he does get 13.6 ppg that is good and then with ben as a back up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.