Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should have picked Belinelli
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
ChicagoBullsMadison
we should have picked marco, he could have been our starting shooting guard, and we could have traded gordon and some other people for gasol! imagine that........
ZoomSlowik
First off, that would have been TERRIBLE value picking at the 9th pick, you don't do that unless you're going to trade down, especially with a glaring need inside and two decent options on the board.

Second, it's WAY too early to make any kind of solid conclusions about either player. Bellinelli lighting up guys that are going to be riding the bench in the summer league means nothing. He got absolutely lit up when he finally went up against someone that is actually going to see significant time (Durant), and his scoring tailed off considerably.

Third, ever since the deadline all signs were that the Grizzlies were not going to move Gasol, and if they were it would have MINIMALLY cost Gordon, Noc, and the pick. If a reasonable trade were there to get him, I'm sure they would have done it.

He does have a nice talent level and is a nice fit for the Warriors, but it's unlikely that he's ready to be a starting 2-guard on a contender. He won't even start for the Warriors unless (or until depending on your point of view) Davis gets hurt. Assuming his shoulder is okay, Noah will work out just fine for us and will almost certainly be a greater asset in the short-term.
Balta1701-B
We. Needed. Size.

End. Of. Story.

Unless we passed on Michael Jordan for Sam Bowie, we needed size desperately. We've gone from having I believe only big Marty who touched 7 feet to 2 guys who do that. Our front court has gone from Wallace, Brown, Thomas, Sweetney, Allen to Wallace, Thomas, Smith, Noah, Gray. IMO, that appears to be a monstrous upgrade to our weakest point.

Unless this guy is the next Jordan, even if he were an upgrade over Gordon and Thabo, he wouldn't be nearly as much of an upgrade over those 2 guys as the one we've made to our front court. We've added strength to our weakest spot.
madisonsmadhouse
You lost me at drafting a shooting guard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.