Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Man shot during party
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
Don't have a name yet, but this is currently being reported:
A professional basketball player was injured in a shooting in Orange County early Monday morning, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The shooting happened at the home of DeShawn Stevenson, a guard with the Washington Wizards, officials said.

The unidentified NBA player suffered a gunshot wound to the leg and was transported to a local hospital for treatment, authorities said.

The identity of the shooting suspect was not immediately released, and it's not known if the gunman is in custody.

Stevenson's home is located in a gated community in west Orange County. Investigators said a party was going on at the time of the shooting, and several NBA players were in attendance.
Balta1701-B
Update:
As has been reported a number of places by now, there was a shooting last night in front of DeShawn Stevenson's house in the Orlando area.

Initial reports said an NBA player was shot in the leg, but subsequent reports contradict that, and the Orange County Sheriff's department confirms that a man named Curtis Ruff was shot either in one or both legs.

Sheriff's public information officer Jim Solomons tells me that they got the call at about 3:58 this morning:

When we responded to the house, two vehicles had been shot, there were bullet holes in the house, there was blood on more than one vehicle. About a half-hour later a guy who had been seen in the neighborhood of the shooting turned up at a hospital in a Cadillac Escalade. I don't know if he had been shot in one or both legs.

Nobody involved is cooperating. The people at the house [identified in a sheriff's department press release as including Washington Wizard DeShawn Stevenson, who owns the house, and former Cleveland Cavaliers, Boston Celtics, and Orlando Magic player Brandon Hunter] do not want to prosecute. The guy at the hospital has told two or three different versions of what happened.

The way the law is written, if there is no victim, there is no crime -- unless we find some other state violation, where the state is the victim, like, for instance a concealed weapons charge. In my 22 years on the job it has never made sense to me. But the way the law is written, if I were to shoot at you, and you decide you are not going to cooperate in any way, even though everyone involved might know I'm the shooter, there's nothing they can do about prosecuting it. As it stood, last I checked, prior to the noon TV broadcasts, that's where this case was.
dasox24
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Aug 20 2007, 01:55 PM) *
Nobody is cooperating.

Well, that's great...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.