Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tyson Chandler
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
eddog2
I love the fact that Tyson made the USA olympic team. Obviously Coach K unlike Coach Skiles sees the real value in having a guy like Tyson on his team. I really like the makeup of this years team. The have the big time scorers, but they also have defensive players like Tyson & Teyshaun Prince. I think they will perform a lot better than they did last summer.

Tyson may eventually be replaced by someone like Tim Duncan, but I think it actually helps to have him on the floor b/c he is a hustle guy that can crash the boards on both ends of the floor. A Tyson/Amare or Tyson/D. Howard combination will be huge. I especially like the Chandler/Howard combination b/c they are both beasts on the boards and both are good shot blockers.
ZoomSlowik
While it is nice to see Tyson get some recognition for his defensive prowess, he'll likely get bumped later on with Bosh, Duncan, Brand if he's back, or someone else of that ilk down the road.

While his defensive presence, especially his mobility, will be an asset, you really want big guys that can hit mid-range or farther jumpers when playing these international teams. Especially against the US they like to clog the paint to slow down post play and penetrating, the two things the US does better than pretty much anyone (not saying some of the other teams can't, they just aren't as deep or athletic and rely on the outside stroke more). They also don't allow as much banging, even Tim Duncan had some trouble with that style of play last time around. Ideally you want guys like Bosh or Garnett that can stretch the D a bit while still providing all the things you want from a big man.
sport1016
come on now, tyson only made the team bc brand and Bosh are hurt. His lack of shooting ability makes him a bad fit for the international game. This is a stopgap solution while those guys are injured.
Bullseye
I personally was in favor of keeping Tyson after the Wallace signing. And after the drafting of Noah, I don't see why we just didn't keep Tyson in the first place.
rangercal
If anyone here would rather have wallace over Tyson (at the moment) they are nuts.
kyyle23
QUOTE (Bullseye @ Aug 21 2007, 11:42 PM) *
I personally was in favor of keeping Tyson after the Wallace signing. And after the drafting of Noah, I don't see why we just didn't keep Tyson in the first place.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Tyson couldnt stick around with that contract along with Wallace's contract. Paxson would really be backed into a corner financially
b-riann

agreed
madisonsmadhouse
Tyson isn't going to be as effective with the international lane shape versus the NBA lane. He won't be as close to the basket to rebound and block shots.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 22 2007, 08:05 AM) *
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Tyson couldnt stick around with that contract along with Wallace's contract. Paxson would really be backed into a corner financially

That needs to be highlighted again. AT LEAST one of Kirk, Gordon, and Deng is gone if we did that, and putting both on the floor at the same time isn't really smart anyways because they have the same strengths and weaknesses.

I know some would say screw Kirk, but our team gets a lot worse if we end up with Duhon playing the point, or at least for now Thabo.
tyrusNthabo
I know a multitude of people who miss tyson...it is too bad, but ultimately it was probably better for this team. Its too easy criticize pax based on what tyson is doing now.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (tyrusNthabo @ Aug 22 2007, 02:02 PM) *
I know a multitude of people who miss tyson...it is too bad, but ultimately it was probably better for this team. Its too easy criticize pax based on what tyson is doing now.

I miss Tyson, but I am not going to beat up John Paxson for it. To me more than the names on the back of the jersey, I care about the names on the front. The fact of the matter is that Tyson never did put up the kind of game that the Bulls asked of him, so they made a change. After that changed happened, they both got deeper into the playoffs, and won more games than they ever did with Tyson or Eddy Curry around. To me, wins and the playoffs are the ultimate judge of a GM, moreso than the individual moves.
BG7

Noah >> Tyson. Tyson's experience is no comparison to Noah's. Folks, you will see from his rookie year what he can do versus what Tyson did for the Bulls.
Steve9347
QUOTE (rangercal @ Aug 22 2007, 12:20 AM) *
If anyone here would rather have wallace over Tyson (at the moment) they are nuts.

that
sport1016
The Bulls were in a terrible situation with tyson. He had signed a contract to be a star defensive stopper, but thanks to rampant fouling he couldnt be counted on to start or play big minutes, the only way he could earn that contract.

In a way now, it's like we have both wallace and Tyson with the addition of noah. Cept noah will be making about chicken scratch next to tyson's contract for the same body, skill set, playing style, and tons more bball IQ and experience
rangercal
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Aug 24 2007, 01:24 AM) *
In a way now, it's like we have both wallace and Tyson with the addition of noah. Cept noah will be making about chicken scratch next to tyson's contract for the same body, skill set, playing style, and tons more bball IQ and experience

wow, you should write for nbadraft.net http://nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/joakimnoah.html
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (BG7 @ Aug 23 2007, 01:38 PM) *
Noah >> Tyson. Tyson's experience is no comparison to Noah's. Folks, you will see from his rookie year what he can do versus what Tyson did for the Bulls.

I like Noah too, but god damn, you're out there like Pluto. Tyson just lead the league in offensive rebounding. Joakim has never sniffed an NBA game.

Congrats on naming yourself after the wackest player in Bulls history, btw. biggrin.gif
sport1016
QUOTE (rangercal @ Aug 23 2007, 11:50 PM) *
wow, you should write for nbadraft.net http://nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/joakimnoah.html

whoa....creepy

anyway...It's not that Noah is better now than Tyson is now bc that's just not true

But after 5 years in the league, Noah (who has the same skill set and body type as tyson) will show more development than Tyson did. We traded Tyson bc he couldn't fix the flaws in his game (fouling, shooting, and catching passes cleanly). Noah's experiences at Florida and high bball IQ make me think we will have better success correcting these things.

Remember guys, don't think of Tyson the way he played last year. A fluke, playing with Chris paul syndrome (diet Nash, let's say) could explain his good year. Or maybe another coach just got it out of him. The point is think of Tyson as he played before we traded him. That's the asset we lost. Not what he became in another system.

Noah can, and will I think, be better than the Tyson we traded in just a couple years .
TeaLeafReaderII
They are both the same age... I wouldn't close the book on Tyson just yet
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Sep 20 2007, 07:12 PM) *
They are both the same age... I wouldn't close the book on Tyson just yet

?????

Tyson Chandler Born: Oct 2, 1982

Joakim Noah: Birthdate: February 25, 1985 (New York, N.Y.)
TeaLeafReaderII
oops... I remember one of the knocks on Noah was his age... I don't know where I got the idea that he was 24...

either way... Tyson is still really young... he hasn't reached his peak yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.