Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rudy Gay?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Da Bulls 88
Could he be the first guy drafted this upcoming NBA Draft? Just wondering. Would you like to see the Bulls draft him?
madisonsmadhouse
No chance he goes #1. It will be one of the big men, Aldridge or Thomas.
Balta1701-B
It all depends on who gets the first pick and what they need. If Charlotte gets the pick, I can't see them drafting another big man when they already have 2 capable ones.
Da Bulls 88
I don't wanna see the Bobcats get the first pick again. banghead.gif
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Apr 18 2006, 10:32 AM)
Could he be the first guy drafted this upcoming NBA Draft? Just wondering. Would you like to see the Bulls draft him?

No he is talented but a Small Foward.

We have a logjam at small foward with Deng and Noc.
TeaLeafReaderII
I hope so... mainly because I want to hear guys like Red say

"how bout that gay penetration?"

or

"I love the way gay handles the double team."

or

"Gay drives hard but is met with strong resistnace" tongue.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18 2006, 10:43 AM)
No chance he goes #1. It will be one of the big men, Aldridge or Thomas.

yea there is no chance i think that Carney will go before him.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 18 2006, 02:30 PM)

Gay saw his stock slip thanks to a poor NCAA tourney performance by Connecticut, but Gay is immensely more talented than most everyone in this draft. However, some people question his work ethic.

Aside from the bigs, Morrison and Gay should be the first guys taken. I'm not a huge fan of Morrison (I like him as a player but don't think he'll be a star in the NBA), however I do think MOrrison is a scorer and he'll find ways to do just that in the NBA.

But he'll also get torched on the defensive end and I have questions about his durability and how long he'll be able to stay in the league.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 18 2006, 04:30 PM)

Carney will not go before Rudy Gay, I would bet money on it.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 18 2006, 04:30 PM)

Easily.. Carney has more experience as a player now and IMO will be a better player than GAY. Gay should have stayed another year. Some say he may fall all the way to number 10.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18 2006, 05:39 PM)
Carney will not go before Rudy Gay, I would bet money on it.

ill take that bet. bringit.gif
ZoomSlowik
No and no.

Gay will not be the #1 pick. There is no way he goes before Aldridge or Thomas. His stock has slipped a bit. Someone will still take him pretty high because of his size and athleticism though. He will probably go between numbers 5 and 8 depending on who has what pick unless he absolutely tanks in pre-draft workouts and interviews.

Carney and Gay should go in similar positions. I'd expect Gay to go first though. He's younger and has more potential. Carney is a better shooter, but he's not really that much more polished than Gay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.