Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andrei Kirilienko requests a trade
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
Supposedly he wants to get away from Jerry Sloan...
ZoomSlowik
Can't really blame him after last year, his production dropped a ton. With Boozer actually being healthy his minutes dropped a fair amount, and he became the 4th option on offense.

I'm not sure where he expects to go where it'll be a whole lot better though. The rumor is Phoenix for Shawn Marion (though I have no idea why Phoenix would do that). He'd still be behind Amare, Nash, Barbosa, and possibly Bell and Diaw in the pecking order.

The team isn't going to have a whole lot of options after he averaged 8.5 points and 4.7 rebounds last year while making a whopping $14 mil last year. blink.gif
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 20 2007, 10:50 AM) *
I'm not sure where he expects to go where it'll be a whole lot better though. The rumor is Phoenix for Shawn Marion (though I have no idea why Phoenix would do that). He'd still be behind Amare, Nash, Barbosa, and possibly Bell and Diaw in the pecking order.

Phoenix needs some sort of a defensive option now that K. Thomas is gone. And AK does have a salary a couple million lower than Marion, so they'd be helping them with those pesky cap issues a little bit as well.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Sep 20 2007, 12:55 PM) *
Phoenix needs some sort of a defensive option now that K. Thomas is gone. And AK does have a salary a couple million lower than Marion, so they'd be helping them with those pesky cap issues a little bit as well.

Marion is a considerably better player though, and is already one of it not their best defensive player. I don't really see the net gain, you're exchanging two fairly comparable players, but the one you're trading has proven to be a better scorer and rebounder and you're getting a guy that is coming off a terrible year and MIGHT improve your defense. Back when he was supposed to be a major piece in getting Kobe or KG it made sense, for Kirilenko I don't really see it.
ZoomSlowik
Weird, now apparently he's willing to sacrifice his contract to go play in Russia.

ESPN article
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 21 2007, 12:04 PM) *
Weird, now apparently he's willing to sacrifice his contract to go play in Russia.

ESPN article

Wow, how bad could it be there?
DPETE56
honestly i think that kirilenko is one of the most overated players in the nba.
Balta1701-B
Utah point guard Deron Williams wants Andrei Kirilenko back with the Jazz next season, but hopes his unhappy teammate brings an improved work ethic with him.
In a Friday afternoon radio interview on 1280 The Zone, Williams told Salt Lake Tribune columnist Gordon Monson and co-host Kevin Graham that Kirilenko can be "a special player for us" if he returns with the right attitude.
Referring to teammates Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur, Williams said, "You see Booz after practice shooting for 25 or 30 minutes. You see Memo shooting for 20 minutes. You see, you know, all the rookies. The young guys. You saw [Rafael Araujo] in there working. [Then] you see Andrei being the first one out the door."
As the Jazz's quarterback, Williams admitted he has looked for other targets with his passes because of Kirilenko's approach to the game last season.
"If he's coming off a screen on one side and Matt [Harpring] is coming off a screen on one side, who do you think you're going to pass to?" Williams said.
"You think you're going to pass to the guy you see working every day in the gym or are you going to pass to the guy who never works on his shot but yet wants to shoot 'em every time?"
Asked if Kirilenko's work ethic was a problem, Williams said, "I would say so."
Link.
b-riann
he must have some real personal problems. that, or problems in russia. hes always been a good defender, and if he decides to leave, then thats his decision. good luck to him if he does leave
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (DPETE56 @ Sep 21 2007, 06:52 PM) *
honestly i think that kirilenko is one of the most overated players in the nba.

Eh, last year he was pretty awful, before that he was a solid but not spectacular all-around player. He was good for about 15-8 with 3 assists and a ton of steals/blocks. Maybe he didn't deserve $14 mil, but he was pretty value. Even now he can definitely be a factor on the defensive end.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.