Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gordons Contract/ Kobe Possibility still there?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
GreatScott82
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=48730

Interesing stuff. Maybe Pax should hold off on signing Gordon to see how he does during his contract year. If he does really well, it can increase the chance of getting Kobe in December. If we can acquire Kobe for just Gordon, Noc, Smith and Sefolosha, it would be an absolute steal. Im a fine with our team as of now? Yea im fine with it and i still think we can go far, but if we can get Kobe and still keep Deng, Hinrich, Wallace, and Thomas would would be a very dominate team heading toward the playoffs. The one downside is our bench would be significantly weaker.
Balta1701-B
I think the other side of that token could be the contract size. If you sign little Ben to a contract soon, then next year, won't his salary count as part of what is needed to match Kobe's? If you're trying to come up with $18 million, it's a lot easier if you have an $11 million piece to work with.
Wanne
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Oct 1 2007, 03:32 PM) *

Interesing stuff. Maybe Pax should hold off on signing Gordon to see how he does during his contract year. If he does really well, it can increase the chance of getting Kobe in December. If we can acquire Kobe for just Gordon, Noc, Smith and Sefolosha, it would be an absolute steal. Im a fine with our team as of now? Yea im fine with it and i still think we can go far, but if we can get Kobe and still keep Deng, Hinrich, Wallace, and Thomas would would be a very dominate team heading toward the playoffs. The one downside is our bench would be significantly weaker.

I know you'll need some substantial ammo to land Kobe...but I really rather not give up Thabo. I'd rather throw in a couple of draft picks. I'd think any deal would include Noah though...but what do I know.
sport1016
the thing i agree with most in the article is that if gordon gets an extension to consider it a "stamp of approval" on the current lineup.

I still think pax doesnt see BG long term as a starting SG.
madisonsmadhouse
Damn it. I really don't want to hear months of the Kobe crap. We have our squad, lets go play.
ChitownMan
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Oct 2 2007, 08:55 AM) *
Damn it. I really don't want to hear months of the Kobe crap. We have our squad, lets go play.

I could not agree with you more on this. I am so tired of these rumors and speculation in regards to Kobe coming to Chicago. I personally think that he would be more of a hardship versus someone who would be beneficial to this team. Let's see how the season starts and if Pax needs to make some sort of move to improve us some more, do it before the trade deadline.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Oct 2 2007, 06:55 AM) *

Kobe showed up for the Lakers. Kobe is not holding out. Kobe is not getting traded.
Wanne
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Oct 2 2007, 10:53 AM) *
Kobe showed up for the Lakers. Kobe is not holding out. Kobe is not getting traded.

Good. I like this team...A LOT...where it's at right now and doing any type of trade like this would really cut into the depth of it. I'm VERY excited about this team this year.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Oct 1 2007, 03:32 PM) *

Yeah thats our best case scenario in any Kobe deal IMO. Were losing alot of depth though from our bench which could prove costly, but then again were adding ppg and a superstar.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Oct 2 2007, 10:53 AM) *

Tell that to the f@#$ing reporters who keep dredging this spiff up!
Schalke
I think if the Lakers have a horrible start to the season Kobe might be traded by the deadline. Something like Gordon, Nocioni, and Thabo would probably work.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Schalke @ Oct 3 2007, 09:22 AM) *
I think if the Lakers have a horrible start to the season Kobe might be traded by the deadline. Something like Gordon, Nocioni, and Thabo would probably work.

No, it wouldn't.
Schalke
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Oct 3 2007, 10:50 AM) *

whoops, forgot to add Smith in there.

Smith
Gordon
Noc
Sefolosha or Khryapa or whatever else scrub it takes.

for

Kobe
Wanne
QUOTE (Schalke @ Oct 3 2007, 03:17 PM) *
whoops, forgot to add Smith in there.

Smith
Gordon
Noc
Sefolosha or Khryapa or whatever else scrub it takes.

for

Kobe

NO WAY Pax messes with the chemistry of this team "this" year. Maybe if the Bulls fizzle in the playoffs again...but if they show improvement and play hard...I just can't see Pax making a major move like Kobe...especially if it means depleting his depth. If this team stay healthy...there's no reason they shouldn't have a great shot at taking the East this year.

As for Gordon...he's so damn dedicated and such a team player...I'd have such a hard time trading this guy. Skiles recently came out and said the Ben had one of the most impressive off-seasons, in terms of work and dedication he'd ever seen. Hope it translates to the court.

I think the biggest thing with this team is not so much seeing any improvement in Deng or Gordon...I think they're pretty much were they're gonna be (nothing ultra-spectacular...but very good)...but the improvement of Tyrus and Thabo. Those guys were pretty much one of the strongest rookie combos in the league last year. Ty really came into his own...and Thabo was a HUGE surprise. If Joe Smith can stay healthy (reports of knee swelling already which kinda concerns me)...he'll be a welcome addition.
Schalke
Well sure a move like that would deplete our depth, but I'd rather be one role player way from a championship next year, then one superstar away this year. Yes giving up Gordon would be hard, but we're getting Kobe, arguably the best player in the world. There's not one player on our team that I wouldn't give up for Kobe.

Tyrus started coming into his own in the second half of last year, but he's still got a ways to go. And I don't know what huge surprise Thabo was to you, other than the fact that he was horrible. For a lottery pick who's already played 3 or 4 years of professional basketball, I'd expect a little better than what he showed.
Wanne
QUOTE (Schalke @ Oct 6 2007, 12:05 PM) *
And I don't know what huge surprise Thabo was to you, other than the fact that he was horrible.

You're freakin' kiddin me?!?
Schalke
QUOTE (Wanne @ Oct 7 2007, 12:33 PM) *
You're freakin' kiddin me?!?

Ok, what was so special about him? He had like 3 or 4 nice games in the regular season. Played some good defense on Kobe in that one Lakers game. Slowed down Wade in the first game of the playoffs, then he got abused once Wade figured out how to play him. Granted he didn't get much playing time because of Skiles' obsession with Duhon, but it's not like he earned much when he was out there. That doesn't mean that I don't think he'll get better, and hopefully he does this year. But I was expecting a little more from a lottery pick who's been playing professional ball for a while now.
sport1016
Thabo was very comfortable and contributed well when he played his euro league position of small forward, but he had to adjust to playing pg, and only was ever the lead ball handler (i.e. playing with gordon and not du or kirk) near the end of the year and in the playoffs.

Thabo was very good rebounding- remember his double double when he was a surprise starter at sf agst detroit near the end of the regular season-passing-nice set ups in transition for dunks-Playing D-long arms in the passing lanes, versatile Pippen-style in checking guys from Dwade to Channing frye. He did the same thing for his Euro team. And also solid midrange shooting and was good at getting to the rim when he tried.

He struggled in two major areas

Running the offense-he disappeared often when in the half court offense, especially early in the year.

Long range shooting-Noc also struggled coming over from euro league adjusting to the longer 3 line, but now he's considered one of the best 3pt shooters from the pf position and more than acceptable for any spot at over 38% when healthy. Expect to thabo to improve in that respect too.

Thabo already has proven to be a capable small forward. In fact if you gave him starting minutes for 82 games at the three he could give you 14-16 and 5-7rbg and 3-4 asts right now. But that's not impressive as sf is the deepest position in the nba. But a 6'7 combo guard Defensive stopper with killer ball handling, passing, and acceptable shooting who can get the board himself and start the break? Sound like a certain all-around gem of a previous era? Thats impressive

Im not saying thabo is gonna have that type of career, but in the flashes he showed last year his smoothness and long arms, ball hanlding rebounding combination reminds me so much of scottie.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.