Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls add 5 to training camp roster
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
NBA.com
he Chicago Bulls announced today the signing of free agents Andre Barrett, Joseph Blair, Justin Cage, Thomas Gardner and Jared Homan to round out its 2007.08 training camp roster. Per team policy, terms of the contracts were not disclosed.

Barrett (5-10, 173) is a three-year NBA veteran guard and spent last season with the Bulls, where he averaged 1.3 ppg and 1.2 apg in 4.8 mpg in his six appearances.

Blair (6-10, 265) is a 10-year veteran of international play, including stops in France, Italy, Turkey and Greece. He spent the 2006.07 season playing for Armani (Italy), his third straight season with the club, and averaged 11.3 ppg, 8.0 rpg and 1.80 spg and shot .647 from the floor.

Cage (6-6, 225) is an undrafted rookie out of Xavier University. In 2006.07, he averaged 10.5 ppg, 5.4 rpg and 1.4 apg and shot .567 from the floor and .750 from the free throw line. He guided the Musketeers to a 25-9 season and to the second round of the NCAA Tournament and was also named to the Atlantic 10 All-Defensive Team for the third straight year.

Gardner (6-5, 225) played 34 games for Verviers-Pepinster in Belgium during the 2006.07 campaign. He averaged 12.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg and 1.3 apg and shot .500 from the field, as he helped Pepinster reach the 2007 Belgian Cup Semifinals. He played on both of the Bulls’ 2007 summer league teams (in Orlando and Utah) and posted averages of 9.2 ppg and 1.2 rpg in five games in Orlando before he led the squad in scoring at the Rocky Mountain Revue with an average of 17.3 ppg in four starts.

Homan (6-10, 250) has played his two professional seasons (2005.06 and 2006.07) overseas, including his 22 games with Mersin in Turkey last year where he averaged 13.0 ppg, 6.8 rpg and 1.0 apg. He was a member of the Washington Wizards’ 2007 summer league team and averaged 2.8 ppg and 2.8 rpg in five appearances.

The Bulls opened training camp on Monday with Media Day at the Berto Center, prior to today's first practices of the season.
DutheDoduhon21
i think we have 1 roster spot open, so 1 0f the 5 will make the team.
dasox24
Right now I think Gardner and Barrett would be considered the front-runners to make a roster spot. Though, I personally would prefer to see Gardner, Barrett does have the experience of previously being on the team.
DutheDoduhon21
i want to see barrett or cage, but i think it will be barrett just because they brought him back and skiles loves his hard work ethic.
dasox24
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 2 2007, 04:32 PM) *
Right now I think Gardner and Barrett would be considered the front-runners to make a roster spot. Though, I personally would prefer to see Gardner, Barrett does have the experience of previously being on the team.

Well, it looks like my guy Gardner is gonna make the team unless they only keep 14.

From the Chicago Tribune
The Bulls waived guard Andre Barrett and big man Jared Homan, trimming the roster to 15. Swingman Thomas Gardner is aiming to secure a non-guaranteed deal, but Skiles also said the Bulls could choose to carry just 14 players. ...
madisonsmadhouse
He is going to have to stick around until we know that our guard injuries are over. Either that or we have to get ahold of another guard somehow to come off of the bench.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.