Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gordon. The hardest worker in the NBA?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
eddog2
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=50484&src=150

I agree with Zoom all out that we need to stop talking about Kobe, Gasol and whoever else and start appreciating what we are building. The Bulls, a very good team last year can only be better if healthy this year with Noah & Joe Smith being upgrades over PJ. Skiles said "Tyrus is still coming on, but Tyrus is, without question, better than he was." Not to mention that if Nocioni is healthy we'll be that much better.

But this team and a championship run will likely fall on the shoulders of Godon, Deng & Wallace. And it's great to see what coach Skiles is saying about Gordon. Gordon already one of the hardest workers in the league was praised by Skiles of all people. Skiles said that Gordon may have worked harder this summer than any player he can remember. That's saying something especially when Skiles played in the 80's/90's when the game was so called more physical.

Anyway, the point is that we need to resign Gordon and Deng and keep this thing together. We didn't get KG and I sure as hell don't want to dismantle the core and possibly most of the team for Kobe.

Deng & Gordon are going to have career years this year and I think Wallace with a headband and a 2nd year will be a little better than last year. It's up to Hinrich, Nocioni, Noah, Thomas, Sefolosha, & Smith to carry the rest of the burden and possibly get us a title this season.
DutheDoduhon21
great post, i agree with just about everything you said, we need to keep gordon/deng/hinrich together. we can win with what we have no need to trade away the core of our team fr one player. as the team gets older and older they get better and better and they arnt the baby bulls anymore, no need to trade away all the young talent.
b-riann
good for ben gordon. after reading that, i hope we keep him. one day, he could be a 30 ppg kind of guy cheers.gif headbang.gif bullssmilie1.jpg
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (b-riann @ Oct 5 2007, 09:02 PM) *
good for ben gordon. after reading that, i hope we keep him. one day, he could be a 30 ppg kind of guy cheers.gif headbang.gif bullssmilie1.jpg

With as many other scorers as there are on this team, that I find hard to believe. And that's not what we need from Gordon anyway.

I said back in June that I thought this summer we needed to take Ben Gordon, lock him in a room for about 2 weeks, and show him nothing but videos of Tony Parker, because that is exactly what I want Ben to get better at. Parker is undersized on defense, but still hangs tough against much better point guards. And he uses that same sort of ridiculous quickness that Gordon has to break down defenses off of the Dribble. Parker is probably a step quicker than Gordon, but BG7 has a much better outside game as well.

It's great to hear Ben was hitting it hard this offseason. We need him to come out smoking this year. The last 2 years he's seemed to come out ice cold, esp. on the Circus trip, and that's been a big factor in our slow starts. He needs to be more consistent with his shot, and he needs to be better at creating his own shot by penetrating and breaking down a defense. And he needs to be better on defense himself. He doesn't have to be as good as Kirk, but we can't have him picking up 2 fouls in 5 minutes every time he goes against Billups.

If Ben can improve on those parts of his game, and combine those with the outside shot we've all seen...no idea how good he could be. But this is going to be the season for him to show it.
Steve9347
Great post Edwin... you know I agree 100%.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.