Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey! An Aaron Gray Article!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
The pattern of constant praise for almost everyone on the team except Tyrus Thomas seems to continue...
''There are a lot of guys that have great size, but they can't do anything down there because either they have bad hands or something else going on,'' coach Scott Skiles said after Friday's morning practice session. ''He's got pretty good hands, and he's got a soft touch. He's an interesting guy that we just want to keep working with and see where it goes.''

Though it's usually a struggle for second-round picks to make an NBA roster, Gray figures to be with the Bulls all season barring some unforeseen development. But the former Pittsburgh center is taking nothing for granted and is focusing on learning as much as possible from starting center Ben Wallace.

''He's got a great attitude,'' Gray said of Wallace. ''He's really a great person to come in and learn from. He's not just out there doing the things he needs to do and not helping us. He's constantly communicating with us, telling us what we need to do, helping us get better.''

Gray was regarded as a defender and rebounder before the draft but has shown some decent offensive skills around the basket.

''The biggest thing for me is just catching up to the speed of the game,'' he said. ''Doing that and working with guys like Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich and Luol Deng. You're not going to find a team with quicker guys or [that] plays much faster. It's great being out there and adapting every day.''
Schalke
What can I say? He's a big boy, he'll keep that bench awfully warm.
madisonsmadhouse
If the guy has ANY scoring touch, he will make this team. You don't grow seven footers on trees.
ZoomSlowik
I'd actually say his scoring touch is far more impressive than his defense, from what I saw it's probably his #2 strength besides rebounding. That was on the college level though, and he's FAR bigger and stronger than virtually anyone he faced, and he did struggle at times against Georgetown (Roy Hibbert) and Louisville (Scott Padgett and Derrick Character). I definitely like him as a 3rd center though, a guy that can come off the bench and eat some minutes here and there, contribute another 6 fouls, and hit an occasional hook shot.
b-riann
he stinks. i watched many of his games at pitt and hes just a slow, big, white guy.

sort of impressed with him yesterday, but like somebody already said, he'll be keepin' our bench warm.
Steve9347
I agree on the slow, big, white guy sentiment. Guy can't play defense to save his life, but he can definitely put the ball in the basket (and looked decent last night)...

I can think of worse things to waste a roster spot on (KHRYAPA!)
ZoomSlowik
I never argued that he wasn't slow and white. We did get him in the 2nd round. tongue.gif
Schalke
I saw more than I expected from him last night, but I just don't see him making any sort of impact when the real games begin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.