Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gordon wants 70 mill from bulls
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
Ben Gordon wants a $70 million extension from the Chicago Bulls, who are looking to give Gordon no more than Kirk Hinrich money ($47.5 million) and first want to extend Luol Deng, a player they regard more highly than Gordon.

Source: New York Daily News

love ya ben but that aint goin to happen, i dont even think luol will get that much. but i do think both of them will get signed before the season, or at least i hope so because i dont want it to be a destraction to the team.
Balta1701-B
He wants that much? Earn it this season. Don't just make the AS team, Start. Lead this team to the finals. And when someone else offers you that contract, we match.
Schalke
The New York Daily News is reporting this? Means absolutely nothing, and I don't believe it for a second. But even if it's true he's not going to get it this year. The most he can get is 5/76 on the open market next year, so the Bulls would gladly wait.
madisonsmadhouse
If this is what Gordon really wants, and this isn't just posturing, kiss him good-bye.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Oct 8 2007, 10:57 AM) *
If this is what Gordon really wants, and this isn't just posturing, kiss him good-bye.

No one will be kissing him goodbye. Unless he proves it big time this season, not even Isiah will offer him $70+.
dasox24
Yeah, I think it's unlikely BG will get that kind of money as a free agent. He's too one-dimensional. Of course, if there's some desperate team looking for a spark, you never know.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Oct 8 2007, 01:12 PM) *
No one will be kissing him goodbye. Unless he proves it big time this season, not even Isiah will offer him $70+.

I don't know, Isaiah has a thing for shoot-first players with questionable defense. Luckily he won't have any cap space. biggrin.gif
eddog2
$70 million for 6 years would be fine with me. It's $11.66 million a year. It's not like he's asking for $15 per season. However, I would think that if the Bulls could offer a six year deal which I"m not sure if they can or not, I would think they could probably get him to come down to $60 million.

One thing I do know is that if we are not willing to give him more than Kirk Hinrich money then we aren't going to be resigning him this year. He'll definately be able to get a little more than that in the free agent market. He won't be able to get max dollars but he'll be able to get a $10 million contract. Especially if allowed to play through this season which I'll go on record to say will be his best season thus far.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Oct 8 2007, 09:43 PM) *
$70 million for 6 years would be fine with me. It's $11.66 million a year. It's not like he's asking for $15 per season. However, I would think that if the Bulls could offer a six year deal which I"m not sure if they can or not, I would think they could probably get him to come down to $60 million.

One thing I do know is that if we are not willing to give him more than Kirk Hinrich money then we aren't going to be resigning him this year. He'll definately be able to get a little more than that in the free agent market. He won't be able to get max dollars but he'll be able to get a $10 million contract. Especially if allowed to play through this season which I'll go on record to say will be his best season thus far.

At least from what I read, I figured he was asking for $70/5, which is $14 mil per.
TeaLeafReaderII
Bulls star denies $70 million extension
Posted: Tuesday October 09, 2007 08:00AM ET
Ben Gordon denied a New York Daily News report that claimed he was in the market for a five-year, $70 million contract extension. He is eligible to become a restricted free agent after the season. Asked whether $55 million is closer to the truth, Gordon said, "No comment."

-daily southtown
madisonsmadhouse
Well hopefully that means they are close in money, and these extentions won't take too long.
dasox24
5/55 would be much more doable.
Steve9347
The Score just reported that Ben wants upwards of 14 mill per.

dry.gif
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Trade him for Kobe smile.gif
Steve9347
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 11 2007, 06:53 PM) *
Trade him for Kobe smile.gif

NO MORE KOBE POSTS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.