Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The final Bulls playoff scenario thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
I know I posted this in another thread, but I figured I would put it in a new one as well so that it would stand out more.

These are the possibilities for the Bulls...

8th seed-Bulls lose (play DET)

7th seed-Bulls win, Pacers&Bucks win. (play MIA)

6th seed-Bulls win, Wizards win&Pacers lose (play NJ)

5th seed-Bulls win, Wizards lose. (play CLE)

We will know by the end of tonight who the Bulls will open against in the playoffs.
greasywheels121
The NBA needs to totally revamp their playoff seeding. When it was more beneficial for a team to lose in the Grizzlies-Clippers game last night, because they'd fall to the 6 seed and get home court in the first round, you've got problems.
Bullseye
I would personally want the 6th seed, because we would face the Nets, and we have played very good ball against them. Also, I still believe this team can go all the way. Yes I know it is a long shot, but look at the Steelers, look at the White Sox, teams that no one would choose.
greasywheels121
I know the Pacers get the 6 seed with a win. However, if they lose, there's 2 scenarios resulting in them getting the 7 seed and 2 scenarios for the 8 seed.
ChWRoCk2
I hope we get the nets because if we win then next round we would get the heat instead of detroit which i would be happier with.
JPargo
I think we would all love to get the 6th seed. I would for us to play them. We would have a great chance of moving on into the 2nd round if we play them. I think our strategy would be getting their starters in foul trouble and making it a fast pace game so that the nets will be forced to put in some backups. I think that would be the strategy because the Nets do have a weak bench, the only Legit person they have comming off the bench is the 16year veteran Cliff Robinson.
SoxFan1
We can go ahead and make this the Game Thread too. Here it is boys, a chance at the 5th seed. Go get it!
B-4-Bulls
Idk, is it just me or Does would ne one rather play New Jersey? I would. But if the Bulls make it to the 5th seed, I am so proud of them. Last year they had the 4th seed and getting the 5th seed with a lack of post presence is truly remarkable.
B-4-Bulls
Gosh damit, I just looked on the official website and its on WGN!!!! And its Chicagoland not Superstation! So I CANT WATCH IT! NO!!!!!!!! Well Ill just have to get the info from u guys and watch the stats on the box score. sad.gif
Timoperezrulez
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Apr 19 2006, 05:42 PM)
Idk, is it just me or Does would ne one rather play New Jersey? I would. But if the Bulls make it to the 5th seed, I am so proud of them. Last year they had the 4th seed and getting the 5th seed with a lack of post presence is truly remarkable.

thats what everyone has been saying, look above^
SoxFan1
I'll keep you guys posted with soem pbp.
madisonsmadhouse
I'll try to jump in from time to time with some thoughts.... THis game is huge tonight, and it starts with the Bulls winning... bringit.gif
B-4-Bulls
Why the hell isnt Deng Starting? He BETTER START COME PLAYOFF TIME Or Skiles is an ass.
madisonsmadhouse
Wow, the Raptors are HORRIBLE without Bosh.
madisonsmadhouse
34-23 Bulls after one. Tyson ends the quarter with a block headbang.gif
SoxFan1
Sorry guys, got sidetracked.
SoxFan1
Sorry guys, got sidetracked.
B-4-Bulls
ACK!!! The Wiz are killing detroit! Comeon Pistons TURN IT ON!!
madisonsmadhouse
Bulls on a 19-8 run to start the 2nd, now lead 52-31.
The Gladiator
Yep we got the 7th seed. The damn Pacers and Wizards won.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 19 2006, 07:20 PM)
Yep we got the 7th seed. The damn Pacers and Wizards won.

Damn. I think the Bulls can beat the Heat a couple of times, but with Shaq playing, they cannot beat them in a seven game series. They just aren't big enough.
greasywheels121
Pacers have the 6 locked now, with the 89-83 win over Orlando.
The Gladiator
No offense but the Pacers IMO are the weakest link in the playoffs and I think they will get swept.
madisonsmadhouse
A Pike sighting must mean one thing... GARBAGE TIME!!! Bring on BASDEN!!!
WHarris1
Pacers win, Wiz are going to win.

Looks like we need a win just to finish 7th sad.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 19 2006, 07:30 PM)
Pacers win, Wiz are going to win.

Looks like we need a win just to finish 7th sad.gif

Yep it pisses me off.
Why the hell do they have to win NOW! WHY CANT THEY LOSE JUST ONE DAMN GAME!! Sure NOW they start winning. I hate the wizards I hope they get there asses kicked.
greasywheels121
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 19 2006, 09:30 PM)
No offense but the Pacers IMO are the weakest link in the playoffs and I think they will get swept.

Your opinion. But I'm very happy to be playing New Jersey in the first round.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Apr 19 2006, 07:32 PM)

I would be too. Whoever comes out of that bracket is getting their asses kicked in the next round.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Apr 19 2006, 07:32 PM)

Thats who I wished we played!
SleepyWhiteSox
I don't see the pacers beating the nets in a series...

By the way I absolutely DESPISE the 1st round being 7 games.
WHarris1
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 19 2006, 07:45 PM)
By the way I absolutely DESPISE the 1st round being 7 games.

^^^
SoxFan1
If the first round was 5 games, I think the Bulls go on to beat the Wizrds in 2005. Oh well, it's a 7 game series against the Heat and we are the 7th seed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.