Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trades I'd like to see happen
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
eddog2
Okay, it's early in the preseason but since we are on the topic of trades, I'd like to suggest anything but Kobe trades on this thread.

The trade I'd most like to see the Bulls make would be for Corey Maggette this year. I think a Nocioni for Maggette straight up trade would be nice. I really don't see the Clipper going anywhere this year, so the Maggette sweepstakes will likely be in high gear come the trade deadline. If we don't want to trade Nocioni then I'd definately be willing to trade Sefolosha & Kryhapa and a couple of draft picks to get Maggette.

If we could get Maggette without giving up any of our starting 5 it would be a steal. Maggette would fit perfectly in our system. He's a big guard who is not a bad defender. He's a great rebounder and a great slasher who gets to the line in bunches. He's exactly what our offense needs. He can post and he can drive. It would be awesome to have him on the team. I honestly think that if we got him in a trade for Sefolosha and other fillers we'd be the favorites to win the title if he stayed healthy. I like Sefolosha, but I'm not sure his game will be at the level we need it to be for at least 2 more years, if then. Maggette, also gives us a backup plan should we not be able to reach a contract agreement with Gordon. We could then sign and trade BG as a worst case scenario. Otherwise, we could sign and trade Maggette if he's not willing to take a reasonable salary extension.

Wallace/Noah
Smith/Tyrus/Noah
Deng/(Nocioni?)/Tyrus
Gordon/Maggette
Hinrich/Duhon/(Thabo?)/Curry

Damn that would look good. A great mix of players that all excel at different things. It would be very hard to contain us on offense on any given night & we'd have a great mix of youth and veterans (although we somewhat do already).

Other players we should think about are:

1. Nene - Just turned 25. He's the player I'd most like to see them go after besides Maggette. That is assuming he stays healthy this year. He's an up and coming PF who's locked in at a close to $10 million average for 4-5 years (5th year option). Denver's got to get rid of either him, Martin, Camby, or Iverson to get closer to the cap. Maybe a Tyrus/Duhon/and a pick package would do if the Nuggets have a bad year (which isn't likely). Nene can play center in the East once Wallace retires.
2. Chris Wilcox - Young, talented and inexpensive. A good combination. Good offensive player and decent rebounder.
3. Nick Collison - Somewhat young, talented and inexpensive. Had his best year as a pro last season.
3. Drew Gooden - If the Cavs struggle which they very well could in an improved East, Gooden could be on his way out. He'd be a good offensive option at the 4.
3. Marcus Camby - Though not very likely (great defensive player and better offensively than any of our big men). His salary also won't break the bank but it might cost us more than we are willing to give up.
4. Desagna Diop - Never hurts to have defensive big men coming off the bench.
5. Bonzi Wells - It would likely never happen b/c he's viewed as a trouble maker, but he's a big SG and he's a better post up scorer than anyone on the Bulls.
6. Sam Cassell - One last title run and then Mr. Bigshot can retire as well as be an expiring contract for us. Maybe we get him & Maggette in a deal for Nocioni & Duhon?
7. Shareef Abdur-Rahim - They should have pushed strong for this trade 2 years ago, but he's still a better post player than anyone on the Bulls. He's battle Smith for the starting spot come playoff time. And he isn't expensive.
9. Andrew Bogut - Would never happen but I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bulls uniform.
10. Robert Swift - The Sonics sure do have a roster full of serviceable big men. I wouldn't mind taking a few as insurance policies.
100. Eddy Curry - Ha. That would never happen.
10,000. Spencer Hawes. He shouldn't even be on the radar. Not b/c he's untouchable but b/c we shouldn't want him.
Steve9347
none of these trades are going to happen my friend... answer your cell phone!

however, Nene would be my top target of your list.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Gordon + Nocioni, plus 2 first rounders for Kobe Bryant
sport1016
The Bulls actually have a couple nice pieces they use for trades. Duhon and Khryapa are both serviceable bench players who have been starters at some point with expiring contracts that add up to a little over 5 million. After Dec 15 Joe Smith is eligible to be moved, 5 million in salary and only 1 more year on his deal. Also, based on what Noah's maturity seems to be, it's entirely plausible that both TT and Noah could surpass him in the pf rotaton.

Not to mention if Gordon doesnt reach an extension, he becomes a rental for a team to decide if they want to offer him a big deal, like Orlando did with Darko last season.

Wirh these pieces, This team should be looking for two types of trades

1) Low post scoring PF/C. Seriously, a three man rotation with a trade for a Nene/Chris Wilcox type to go with TT and Noah would be a sweet Off/Def big man rotation for the next decade with wallace to mentor as he fades. If Kenyan Martin comes back healthy I would look at whichever 1 of those two the nugs want to part with. We probably should have traded for randolph when we had the chance.

2) Big SG to REPLACE Gordon. Here's what I'm saying, whether Gordon is your starting SG or bench spark plug, if he's on the team he's the guy giving you pts from the SG spot. In order for him to be effective you have to pair him in the rotation with a big defender (like Thabo) who is coming in for important defensive sequences leaving Gordon 30+ mins to score. As I have said MANY times on this board, a combo guard (like thabo) is also key to keep size in the backcourt without sacrificing Gordon's scoring opportunities. So if we trade for a big scoring guard it better be FOR gordon and not to pair WITH gordon. And maggette can't play the 2 here bc he's a mediocre 3pt shooter at best (career 31.7%). Because Deng isnt a threat from 3 our SG has to be.

Honestly, a Hinrich/Gordon/thabo rotation looks good to me. But so would Hinrich/Kobe/Thabo. Hinrich/Gordon/maggette does not.

If we go for anyone, it should be a post scoring pf/c. It's the ONLY thing that keeps us from being absolutely scary good. TT could be that guy, or deng. But probably not this year.
sport1016
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 13 2007, 02:38 PM) *
Gordon + Nocioni, plus 2 first rounders for Kobe Bryant

I would do that in half a heartbeat
sport1016
LAST note kobe:

Kobe had multiple opportunities over the summer and early in training camp to say things were "all good" with him and the lakers and he hasn't. Pau did when the grizzlies got Darko and Navarro. He and Jerry Buss had a meeting in Spain over the summer and they both made very bland comments about what happened afterward but that they had come to an "understanding."

I think it's clear what happened: Buss told Kobe that Trading bynum and odom for Oneal wasnt the answer and that nothing else was available. He couldnt accomodate a trade for him bc there was no way to get equal value with Kobe making his discontent public and teams only offering pennies on the dollar. He probably told him to wait until the trade deadline to see what kind of players became available to acquire or if the team would play well as is, and that if kobe still wanted to go then he'd be able to get more palatable offers with Kobe keeping his demand private.

This trade deadline would be the ideal time for the Lakers to trade him as it would give other teams almost a 1 1/2 seasons (more importantly 2 playoff chances) to see if kobe was the answer.

Now that I live in LA, and granted it is VERY early, but this team looks god awful. To me, Kobe on the move in February is as good as 50/50.
eddog2
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Oct 13 2007, 02:51 PM) *
The Bulls actually have a couple nice pieces they use for trades. Duhon and Khryapa are both serviceable bench players who have been starters at some point with expiring contracts that add up to a little over 5 million. After Dec 15 Joe Smith is eligible to be moved, 5 million in salary and only 1 more year on his deal. Also, based on what Noah's maturity seems to be, it's entirely plausible that both TT and Noah could surpass him in the pf rotaton.

Not to mention if Gordon doesnt reach an extension, he becomes a rental for a team to decide if they want to offer him a big deal, like Orlando did with Darko last season.

Wirh these pieces, This team should be looking for two types of trades

1) Low post scoring PF/C. Seriously, a three man rotation with a trade for a Nene/Chris Wilcox type to go with TT and Noah would be a sweet Off/Def big man rotation for the next decade with wallace to mentor as he fades. If Kenyan Martin comes back healthy I would look at whichever 1 of those two the nugs want to part with. We probably should have traded for randolph when we had the chance.

2) Big SG to REPLACE Gordon. Here's what I'm saying, whether Gordon is your starting SG or bench spark plug, if he's on the team he's the guy giving you pts from the SG spot. In order for him to be effective you have to pair him in the rotation with a big defender (like Thabo) who is coming in for important defensive sequences leaving Gordon 30+ mins to score. As I have said MANY times on this board, a combo guard (like thabo) is also key to keep size in the backcourt without sacrificing Gordon's scoring opportunities. So if we trade for a big scoring guard it better be FOR gordon and not to pair WITH gordon. And maggette can't play the 2 here bc he's a mediocre 3pt shooter at best (career 31.7%). Because Deng isnt a threat from 3 our SG has to be.

Honestly, a Hinrich/Gordon/thabo rotation looks good to me. But so would Hinrich/Kobe/Thabo. Hinrich/Gordon/maggette does not.

If we go for anyone, it should be a post scoring pf/c. It's the ONLY thing that keeps us from being absolutely scary good. TT could be that guy, or deng. But probably not this year.

First of all, we don't need Kenyon Martin and his $15 million, I don't play b/c I get hurt every year contract. I listed guys like Nene, Camby, & Wilcox b/c they could be difference makers for us and most importantly b/c they don't have rediculous contracts.

We don't need 3 point shooting. What this team is lacking and could use is a post up scorer and a player that gets to the line consistently especially when we are having trouble with our offense. As for Maggette not being the right guy that's crazy talk. Who said we need to have a Maggette/Gordon/Hinrich lineup? When does it hurt to have a threat off the bench? Why couldn't he come off the bench with Nocioni (who is a 3 point shooter, assuming we don't trade Nocioni for Maggette)? He could also come in the game and Gordon could run the point. Maggette gets to the line more than anyone on our team, he can post up which would create offense for us, and he's a good rebounder which is just an added bonus. I even think a Hinrich/Gordon/Maggette lineup would be a good change every now and then b/c we'll be able to get out on fast breaks a little easier. Maggette is only 6'6" but he's a strong guy. I guarantee that whatever liability a Maggette/Gordon combination would be on defense would be made up and then some on offense.

Personally, I like Thabo defensively but so far he's a liability on offense. I really hope that changes this year. But I would definately take Maggette over Thabo at this stage of Thabo's career.

Your putting a lot of faith in Thabo who hasn't done anything to date and likely won't do much this year.

Not to mention that I would love to see one of Chicago's best products ever return to the Windy City and help the Bulls win a title.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Oct 13 2007, 08:12 PM) *
We don't need 3 point shooting. What this team is lacking and could use is a post up scorer and a player that gets to the line consistently especially when we are having trouble with our offense. As for Maggette not being the right guy that's crazy talk. Who said we need to have a Maggette/Gordon/Hinrich lineup? When does it hurt to have a threat off the bench? Why couldn't he come off the bench with Nocioni (who is a 3 point shooter, assuming we don't trade Nocioni for Maggette)? He could also come in the game and Gordon could run the point. Maggette gets to the line more than anyone on our team, he can post up which would create offense for us, and he's a good rebounder which is just an added bonus. I even think a Hinrich/Gordon/Maggette lineup would be a good change every now and then b/c we'll be able to get out on fast breaks a little easier. Maggette is only 6'6" but he's a strong guy. I guarantee that whatever liability a Maggette/Gordon combination would be on defense would be made up and then some on offense.

One of the big reasons as far as I can tell why Maggette is always on the trading block is that he has been notoriously unhappy while coming off the bench for the Clippers.
taurus515th
Although we need a post-player a lot of people forget that post players dont have to be just PF's and centers.

I really like Bonzi Wells. I dont want to give up much to get him since we really dont have much to give up anyways except Khryapa but who wants him.

But honestly, since we have Smith, Thomas, Wallace, Noah, Gray, and Nocioni getting some minutes at the PF position where would another PF or Center fit in?

Bonzi Wells is able to get points in the paint and also Paxson did show interest in him before the trade deadline so why not if he comes cheap? Though i doubt a Khryapa and picks would get the deal done but who knows lol.

PG-Hinrich/Duhon/Curry
SG-Gordon/Wells/Sefolosha
SF-Deng/Nocioni/Griffin
PF-Thomas/Smith
C-Wallace/Noah/Gray
eddog2
QUOTE (taurus515th @ Oct 19 2007, 10:18 PM) *
Although we need a post-player a lot of people forget that post players dont have to be just PF's and centers.

I really like Bonzi Wells. I dont want to give up much to get him since we really dont have much to give up anyways except Khryapa but who wants him.

But honestly, since we have Smith, Thomas, Wallace, Noah, Gray, and Nocioni getting some minutes at the PF position where would another PF or Center fit in?

Bonzi Wells is able to get points in the paint and also Paxson did show interest in him before the trade deadline so why not if he comes cheap? Though i doubt a Khryapa and picks would get the deal done but who knows lol.

PG-Hinrich/Duhon/Curry
SG-Gordon/Wells/Sefolosha
SF-Deng/Nocioni/Griffin
PF-Thomas/Smith
C-Wallace/Noah/Gray

I've been pushing for Bonzi for the last 5 years. However, now that Adelman is his coach again I think we can forget about it. If Van Gundy was still the coach, I would have been willing to bet significant $ that he would have been released or traded this year. However, after being reunited with his favorite coach I don't see that happening.
madisonsmadhouse
Bonzi Wells and Scott Skiles would never, ever work.
soxfan3530
I still say we get Pau.
sport1016
QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Oct 22 2007, 11:22 AM) *
I still say we get Pau.

With the additions of Darko and Mike Conley, plus a healthy kyle lowry and the maturation of rudy gay....not to mention his budding J C Navarro joining him, I think Memphis is thinking playoffs more than trade right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.