Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zach Randolph
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pippen Aint Easy
Forwards Zach Randolph and Darius Miles said Tuesday what many fans and teammates already had surmised: The two highly paid players no longer know if they want to be part of the Trail Blazers organization. The gist of Miles' and Randolph's complaints are twofold: They don't like playing on what has turned out to be the NBA's worst team; and they don't care for the discipline meted out by first-year coach Nate McMillan.

A #1 and Duhon would probably get Randolph. they got to be anxious to deal him, and he would be the frontcourt scorer we desperately need.

Thoughts? His attitude?
Chisoxfn
Webber is another front court player thats going to be available and considering his contract the Sixers are going to be desperate to unload him.
Roche
No way.

This would just be another Eddie Robinson in the making. "Oh no, I have a scratch on my toe. I'm going to have to be out a couple of games." Or we'd just hear complaining from him all season and it would be to big of a distraction for the Bulls and they don't need that.

and they don't care for the discipline meted out by first-year coach Nate McMillan.

If Randolph doesn't care for discipline, then why would he want to play for the Bulls? It's probably one of the last places he would want to get traded to. Skiles would probably never play him because of his terrible work ethic and etc.
B-4-Bulls
No thanx ill pass. Isnt Randolph like 6'9 too? We dont need ne more undersized players.
JPargo
i think ill just stick with the big man we can get over the summer. Wow everyone wants to get out of portland. They better hope they can get someone good for them
madisonsmadhouse
I guess I have a uniqe perspective since I have literally watched Zach Randolph grow up on the basketball court. I knew his high school coach personally for years, and first watched Zach play as a HS sophomore. Unfortunately, his mental status never got much past that point. The kid is an incredible talent and presence on the court, but he has always been surrounded by guys who never told him no, so in reality the guy has no regard for his coaches, his organizations, rules, and even the law. Zach has been arrested so many times since he was 14, if he couldn't play basketball, he would be serving hard time today.

If you could separate the on court talent, from the in court stupidity, I would take him in a heartbeat, unfortunately he and Skiles would be a horrible combination, it would be a disaster.

I'd pass if it were up to me.
SleepyWhiteSox
No. He has character issues, as does Webber. I like(d) them both as players but don't want either of them to mess up what we have going.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Winning Ugly @ Apr 19 2006, 02:50 PM)
A #1 and Duhon would probably get Randolph. they got to be anxious to deal him, and he would be the frontcourt scorer we desperately need.

Thoughts? His attitude?

Why would we want randolf? he is a head case and a cancer? why would we give up a very good backup pg and a leader on this team for someone who skiles will put in the doghouse by Dec?

Al Harrington is a better player, better attitude and we won't have to give anything up for him. This is a great nucleus, there is no need to subtract key players...just add fa's and rookies.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 19 2006, 04:06 PM)
Webber is another front court player thats going to be available and considering his contract the Sixers are going to be desperate to unload him.

why would we want to pick up his contract when he is clearly in decline?
ZoomSlowik
I'm amazed that this many people are this opposed to acquiring a guy that is 24 and averaged 18 points and 8 boards last year, especially with our roster.

Yes, he has issues. However, if he's the only way we can get someone that can actually score in the post, I wouldn't really be against it, especially at that price. I suppose it has to be discussed with Skiles though, because Zach is definitely not his type of player.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 19 2006, 08:25 PM)
I'm amazed that this many people are this opposed to acquiring a guy that is 24 and averaged 18 points and 8 boards last year, especially with our roster.

Yes, he has issues. However, if he's the only way we can get someone that can actually score in the post, I wouldn't really be against it, especially at that price. I suppose it has to be discussed with Skiles though, because Zach is definitely not his type of player.

There are many other options if we really wanted to trade that would be a better fit. He is undersized(we dont need any more small pfs) and he has way too much baggage at 24.

Al Harrington is a better fit and would not cost us a pick or a player(s). Why give up good players for a mediocre pf, when we could sign a better one and keep our guys and picks?
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 19 2006, 08:30 PM)
There are many other options if we really wanted to trade that would be a better fit. He is undersized(we dont need any more small pfs) and he has way too much baggage at 24.

Al Harrington is a better fit and would not cost us a pick or a player(s). Why give up good players for a mediocre pf, when we could sign a better one and keep our guys and picks?

I don't think Harrington really is a better fit. Harrington is a SF that is slightly bulked up, Randolph is a legit PF and post scorer. Harrington is really more like Deng than your typical PF. It's conceivable that it will take some talent to get Harrington in a sign and trade too. I don't really consider Duhon and our second first rounder that big a price for a guy that solves a lot of our problems in the post.

I don't really see any other major post options other than Garnett and O'Neal. Both of which will cost a lot more.

By the way, is 6'9" and 253 pounds really that undersized?

Yikes, didn't realize his shooting percentage was that weak the last two years. Well, at least he's a real PF, although he's not the ultimate answer.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 19 2006, 05:50 PM)
why would we want to pick up his contract when he is clearly in decline?

Not saying we would, just simply threw a name out there that will be available. I wouldn't mind taking his fat contract for one year if they were stupid enough to give up Igudola or someone of that magnitude along with him.
RME JICO
I think Al Harrington would be the safer choice. Draft a big man and bring in Al Harrington to solidfy the front court. Add that to the rotation of Chandler, Deng, Nocioni, and the Bulls are a tough team to beat.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 19 2006, 08:25 PM)

Scott Skiles is a master of turning a bunch of medicore individuals into one cohesive unit that is better than the sum of its parts. Simply put Zach Randolph would destroy that. You can't simply take his on court production in Portland, and assume that you could add those totals to what the Bulls have accomplished. You have to factor in his on and off court problems and selfishness, he lack of defense at a postion where we have guys that go get after it now, the arrests, the lack of listening to coaches etc. He could very well tear this team apart.

Look no further than a man vs man analysis of Portland vs the Bulls. Talent-wise you would take the Blazers in a heartbeat, but they play as 12 individuals with no regard for anyone else, and what did it get them? Home for April and a high draft pick. Randolph is right in the middle of this mess, and would have a detrimental effect on this team.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (RME JICO @ Apr 20 2006, 04:03 AM)
I think Al Harrington would be the safer choice. Draft a big man and bring in Al Harrington to solidfy the front court. Add that to the rotation of Chandler, Deng, Nocioni, and the Bulls are a tough team to beat.

If we can get Aldridge in the draft, then signing Harrington is a solid move. That helps our post scoring, and getting a decent option at the PF position while he develops makes a ton of sense.

However, getting a post scorer is key. Harrington doesn't really fit that profile.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.