Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who will be Deng's Robin?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
For the sake of an argument why don't we just consider Gordon as good as gone for next season. With that said, Deng is the best player on this team but who will will be the 2nd best? Is it going to be Kirk, Tyrus, Thabo, Noah, or someone else either on the team or someone we have yet to obtain?

Think now, were speaking 2-3 years down the road. Discuss..
dasox24
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 15 2007, 09:42 PM) *
For the sake of an argument why don't we just consider Gordon as good as gone for next season. With that said, Deng is the best player on this team but who will will be the 2nd best? Is it going to be Kirk, Tyrus, Thabo, Noah, or someone else either on the team or someone we have yet to obtain?

Think now, were speaking 2-3 years down the road. Discuss..

Deng will be Kobe's "Robin"... ph34r.gif
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 16 2007, 03:08 AM) *
Deng will be Kobe's "Robin"... ph34r.gif

Unless Bryant holds out, the only way a Kobe deal gets done is if Deng is the centerpiece.
b-riann
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Oct 16 2007, 08:46 AM) *
Unless Bryant holds out, the only way a Kobe deal gets done is if Deng is the centerpiece.

i agree

kirk could average 20 pts. and 9 assts. in 2-3 years, so he could be deng's "robin".
Steve9347
...but to play along, Deng has to become a Batman before we can worry about a Robin.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Oct 17 2007, 11:00 AM) *
gayest thread title ever.

...but to play along, Deng has to become a Batman before we can worry about a Robin.

Why is that?
Steve9347
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 17 2007, 03:55 PM) *
Why is that?

because he's still got a long way to be a Batman in my book.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Hence why I said "Down the road 2-3 years"...
TeaLeafReaderII
Pffft Deng will be donning his cape this season... book it.
eddog2
I agree with Steve. This is the gayest thread ever.

Post something like this once/if Gordon ever leaves. Don't post it before we know who we even get in return for Gordon. B/C without Gordon Kirk is probably the best player left unless Noah/Tyrus develop. Anyway, just close down this thread and any Kobe related thread. They are all annoying.
soxfan101
I just dont know why we are assuming Gordon will be gone?
ChitownMan
It just seems that Ben is the most expendable and semi trade worthy. I just do not think it would be a good thing if Pax traded away Deng.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Oct 19 2007, 03:20 AM) *
I just dont know why we are assuming Gordon will be gone?

For the sake of an argument. Can you people read? This shouldn't be a big deal, idk why this is such a bad thread and im pretty sure this has nothing to do with Kobe. There have been reports that Chicago is closer to giving Deng the money over Gordon which is why I brought this up. If Gordon is gone who becomes Deng's #2 or his Robin?
Wanne
Hard to really say...and that's what I like about this TEAM. Back when MJ was around...it was always if anybody stepped up scoring it was Scottie. With this team...it just seems like anybody can step up on any given night. If it's not Deng...it's Gordon...or Noc...or even Duhon stepped up a few times to the table. I also think that's what Pax like's about this team...and why he's not in any hurry to deplete the depth of it to land Kobe.

You say given 2-3 years...is that give the team 2-3...or just Deng. Another thing is...it's hard to say how Kobe would affect his game. Not trying to turn this into a Kobe thread like you said...but I agree with what Steve said that he's not Batman yet. I guess I'm just skeptical that he's boarding on stardom. That'd be nice...but how much better can he actually get is the question.

For many on here that assume that Gordon will be gone next season....not so fast. He may...he may not. Pax will make that determination at the end of the season IMO and not before. Curry's development may play a large part in that decision.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Well god I know he isn't batman, its just a little analogy of our best player equaling batman and with no Gordon its obvious Deng is our best player thus being the Batman...
eddog2
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 19 2007, 06:44 PM) *
Well god I know he isn't batman, its just a little analogy of our best player equaling batman and with no Gordon its obvious Deng is our best player thus being the Batman...

One more time. This is retarded. We can't say anyone will be Deng's Robin b/c we don't know who we'd get for Gordon. If we trade Gordon it better not be for garbage. It better be in a package to get something better pack to Chicago. That's why I think this is a retarded thread. Even if it puts us over the cap to sign Gordon for more than what Paxson thinks he is worth, he should still do it and then try and trade to get what he feels the team is lacking. We shouldn't just trade Gordon for the sake of trading him or let him pull a Darko on us.

If we decide to not keep Gordon, and we don't get something meaningful back for him I'm going to be pissed. That would put this team back another 3-4 years if not longer unless there was some big free agent we could afford to bring in, which we wouldn't have money to do if we resigned Deng (which we will). So, with that said, assuming we trade Gordon, it better be in a package with other Bulls players and it better bring back someone better than Kirk b/c I don't want Kirk as the #2 option on this team b/c I don't think he's good enough to be the #2 option.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Thats for you to decide. Before I go any further I think Thabo is going to be Deng's Robin. I see alot of potential with this kid. He's going to be a 13 ppg scorer down the road with alot of it coming from free throws I might add. More importantly he will become a terrific defender and could touch that 2 spg mark at some point in his career. I think in 2-3 years Thabo will be averaging close to 13 ppg 6 rpg 3-4 apg and 2 spg. Sure they don't look like terrific numbers but his presence will truly be felt on the defensive end while Deng will develop into a fine offensive player.

Kobe is always a chance but its not likely and I won't get my hopes up too much until it actually happens. I also might add that Gray may become an unsung hero with the Bulls. I like what he brings to this team and is the only person that can score consistently with his back to the basket. He isn't going to wow anyone but I can see him being a very serviceable big man for years down the road.
eddog2
I really hope your wrong. Not about what Thabo might bring in 2-3 years but the fact that Thabo will be Robin to Deng in 2-3 years. I would love for Thabo to be Scottie Pippen or anything close but that is very unlikely. I'll definately be keeping a closer eye on him this year b/c he really wasn't a "rookie" last year. He was a rookin in terms of it being his first year in the NBA but he already had experience. He's already a year older than Deng. I really think he should be able to make a bigger jump than most 2nd year players do.

I really hope that happens. But I really don't see him becoming the type of player to be a 2nd option offensively. I hope I'm wrong. He is athletic which could open up his offensive game if he can become a better outside shooter. His defense will definately be what makes or breaks his NBA career. Based on his defense in the playoffs, it looks like that is definately a promising aspect of his game.

Anyway, I keep thinking about the future. I really want the Bulls to keep what they have. In a couple of years, when Wallace is retired the Bulls could still have a young lineup that could be very scary. Nocioni and Hinrich but by then that's a perfect mix of experience. If this team stays together they have a very, very bright future. I really would hate to see it all broken up especially when they have been getting better each year.

Noah
Thomas
Deng/Nocioni
Gordon/Thabo
Hinrich

As for Gray I really don't see him becoming anything more than a serviceable big man. I actually think he'll be lucky to be that for an extended period of time. He's put up decent #'s in a couple of preseason games but even Skiles when asked about him spoke the truth and said that he wasn't that impressed by Gray's performance. I'll be happy if Gray can be an effective 3rd center off the bench.

I really hope that we somehow get lucky in the next couple of years with our 2nd round picks. If we can get a steal in the 2nd round it will solidy this team for the next decade.
soxfan101
I still no see no reason why we dont bring back Gordon and Deng lol... and like said before if for some reason we deal Gordon than id assume who we got back would emerge as the "Robin"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.