Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blazers Tried Trading Frye for Thomas
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
New York Post -
According to the New York Post, the Blazers tried moving Channing Frye to Chicago for Tyrus Thomas, but the Bulls are so enthusiastic about Thomas that the discussions were over before they began.

Portland lobbied the Knicks hard for David Lee as partial payment in the Zach Randolph trade and it was either accept Frye or get stuck with Randolph's $61M, four-year tab.

Daang that is tough to turn down. I really like Frye and he would have been a great fit here but you can tell this Organization really thinks alot of Tyrus.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...y_on_the_block/
Wanne
I'd rather have Tyrus.
eddog2
I'd rather have Thomas for the sake of potential and trade value. Frye is okay but is not the solution to all of our problems at PF. At the least, Tyrus should have great trade value for the next couple of seasons as people still see the potential he has.
ZoomSlowik
I like Frye, but Tyrus is just too damn athletic, and he's still cheap for 3 more years.
madisonsmadhouse
Its an interesting offer, but the nice part about the position the Bulls are in, is that they can wait for him to realize his potential.
Steve9347
Frye is a solid player, but Tryus' upside makes him much more valuable imo... that is interesting though.
b-riann
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Oct 22 2007, 12:23 PM) *
Frye is a solid player, but Tryus' upside makes him much more valuable imo... that is interesting though.

if tyrus doesnt improve, perhaps we make this trade in 2 or 3 years?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.