Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bulls headlines
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
Chicago Bulls | All Bulls sitelines

For Bulls Guard, It May Be Case Of Du-Or-Die

Chris Duhon finally emerged from the slump and produced a strong finish to average 7.2 points and four assists while shooting 40.8percent (35.9 percent from three-point range). His statistics were similar to those from the previous season -- 8.7 points, five assists, 40 percent shooting, 36percent on three-pointers -- but his inconsistency had even Duhon convinced he was likely to be traded during the summer. His fears never were realized, but his role with the team is far from secure. Duhon now finds himself in a battle with second-year pro Thabo Sefolosha for the position of first guard off the bench and has to convince management he's worth keeping around for the long term. ''It is important,'' Duhon said of this season. ''It's the last year of my contract, and I have to play well for me to continue to play in this league. That's just the truth of the matter. I just have to go out there and do the things I'm capable of doing, play to my strengths. Whatever happens from that, I'll have a lot of control over.'' -- Chicago Sun-Times

Gray Sees Room For Improvement

Like many second-round draft picks, Bulls rookie Aaron Gray's play through the first two weeks of training camp has spanned from the good to the bad to the ugly. So coach Scott Skiles was hardly ready to shower the 7-foot center from Pittsburgh with praise after Gray scored 14 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in 21 minutes of the Bulls' second preseason game last week against the Dallas Mavericks. ''I could probably still go out there and get a double-double in a preseason game,'' Skiles said before backing off that thought just a bit. Skiles' sarcasm didn't bother Gray, who has heard worse in almost every practice. -- Chicago Sun-Times

Young Bulls Face 1st Back-To-Backs
This weekend offers yet another challenge in the ongoing NBA education of Gray, Joakim Noah and JamesOn Curry -- back-to-back games against the Raptors in Toronto and the Indiana Pacers at home. "I wish we could play every night," Noah said. "I'm saying that now. Come February, you never know what I'm going to be saying. But right now, the more games the better because it's more experience." That Noah added the qualifier seems appropriate because, come February, many rookies don't know what hit them. Back-to-back games with chartered travel isn't exactly like running a marathon. But a flight, a morning shootaround while digesting the Raptors' game plan, a game, another flight, another shootaround and another game can test mental fortitude as much as physical. -- Chicago Tribune

Avoid Temptation: No Kobe

Many of you would prefer Kobe Bryant over a spark. I understand. But the Bulls are not one Kobe Bryant away from getting to the NBA Finals. They're one Kobe Bryant away from starting over. Not from scratch, mind you, but from going through the convulsions that seem to be a part of any big trade. It's very, very difficult to build a team around a newcomer and expect to win right away. The promise of winning now is not a promise but a hope. Bryant requested a trade in the off-season, and the Lakers recently indicated they'd be willing to listen to offers. They likely are going to want at least two of three players from the Bulls' young nucleus: Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng and Ben Gordon. It's too much, especially if it involves Deng. -- Chicago Tribune
DutheDoduhon21
bulls cut barrett and homan today, that means gardner is the final man.
b-riann
thank the lord. homan and barrett were bad news
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.