Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Power Rankings.
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
GreatScott82
Many critics pick the Bulls out there to be #1, #2 or #3 in the East this year. Where do you see them along with every other team in the East.

#1 Bulls (55-27): I know im biased but with Deng getting better and better, with Wallace allowed to wear his headband, Thomas with a year under his belt, the chemistry improving along with the additions of fun energetic Noah and the suprising Aaron Gray the Bulls will go far. Joe Smith will provide that veteran presence along side Wallace on the team.

#2 Celtics (55-27): The Celtics improved dramatically this offseason with the additions of Garnett and Allen. Those 3 alone should be enough to help the Celtics get to 50+ wins. The biggest concern is "can they share the ball"? I know Allen and KG can, but can Pierce? He is known to be a ball hog...

#3 Pistons (50-32): The Pistons are a bit older, but they came extremely close for reaching the finals last year w/o Ben Wallace... If it wasn't for LeBrons emergence in game 5 of the Eastern Finals last year they probably would have. They taught the Bulls a lesson in the Semifinals last year and i expect them to make a similar run this year. Anytime you have guys like Hamilton, Prince, R. Wallace, and Billups you know you have a shot.

#4 Heat (48-34): As the season moves on, Wade will get healthier and healthier and they need that. Shaq is getting older and slower, the same goes for Mourning and Payton. The keys for the Heat's success this year will be Jason Williams and D Wade. Can they lead this team into contention like they did 2 years ago? Well there is more parody in the league, but the East isn't that weak anymore, so I expect the Heat to make another first round exit in the playoffs.

#5 Cav's (46-36): Lebron James. Enough said. He showed last season that he alone can get his team into the Finals, but he alone won't be able to do that 2 years in a row. The Cav's didn't do anything in regards to getting Lebron a supporting cast this offseason and because of that he won't be able to get back to the Finals either.

#6 Wizards (44-38): I think the Wizards will be better than a lot of people think this year. With a healthy Arenas and Butler and Jameson, they should be able to match what they did 3 years ago and be a force in the playoffs.

#7 Nets (44-38): Kidd, Jefferson, Carter all healthy is scary team to face. I blame them for us facing the Pistons in the 2nd round and not the Eastern Finals haha.

#8 Raptors (44-38): This team is on the rise with Bosh, Bargnani and Ford they have a great nucleus and they will continue to mature and develope into a great team like the Bulls have done over the past 3 seasons.

Just misses:
Magic: Rashard Lewis and Dwight Howard will be a force to recong with. But unfortately for them the East isn't as weak as it was last year.
Knicks: once again Eddy Curry will not play in the playoffs, sorry Eddy.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
#1 Toronto Raptors- (54-28) They handed it pretty good to us in preseason and the regular season last year. There an up and coming team, I just like where there headed and have them as the number 1 seed. They have an emerging player in Bargnani and already have Chris Bosh, if they can get another player to step up and have a big year they will definitely be the team to beat in the East and I think they will do that.

#2 Chicago Bulls- (52-30) I think the Bulls improve over last season record wise but I wouldn't be surprised if they fell off to number 7 or 8 because we all know with our Bears if there are injuries you can't make up for that. There are injuries coming so often on this team that I think it may be the straw that breaks our back this year, knock on wood. I hope that doesn't happen.

#3 Orlando Magic- (51-31) Dwight Howard will become a 18 ppg 12 rpg guy and rise to superstardom. Rashard Lewis will be the biggest addition any team has made this year in the offseason. He will be an Allstar and will provide some stability in that offense. The wildcard on this team is going to be Van Gundy. He is going to win coach of the year and will help bring life back to the Magic.

#4 Boston Celtics- (49-33) Boston is going to improve a lot with their superstar addition but don't let it fool you. They are going to have some chemistry issues at the beginning of the season so don't be surprised if they get off to a slow start but I expect them to come into the playoffs on fire. Its not how you start its how you finish right? They will be there for sure.

#5 New Jersey Nets- (48-34) Your always going to be pretty good when you have a big three of VC Kidd and RJ. With Kristic back he is their low post threat and it will show over the course of this year if he can stay healthy.

#6 Detroit Pistons- (45-37) I think they start to show signs of age this year. I predict Rasheed Wallace gets ejected in more games than he ever has because of their struggle. One of there big players goes down with an injury and is out for a month or so which makes them falter in the standings. I think they get off to somewhat of a hot start but start to slip midseason and come in limping into the postseason.

#7 Miami Heat- (43-39) It is going to be the Dwyane Wade show this year. Shaq IMO is overrated at this point in his career. He won't even be an Allstar this year and I don't think he averages more than 10-12 ppg. They will suck this year but will wind up getting to the postseason because of the weakness in the East Conference

#8 Cleveland Cavs- 42-40 Cleveland will get into the playoffs but just barely. I think they have to win there last two games just to get in and they do because of Lebron's greatness. In the playoffs I think they give Toronto a run for their money but they fall short of advancing. Without any new additions to the team I don't think they can come close to repeating as EC champs this year.

I think the Philly just misses the playoffs because they lose to Cleveland and falter down the road.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Playoff Predictions:

#1 Toronto Raptors vs #8 Cleveland Cavs

Prediction: Raptors win 4-1 but I think the games will be closer than you would expect

#4 Celtics vs #5 Nets

Prediction: Celtics win 4-2

#3 Magic vs #6 Pistons

Prediction: Magic win 4-2

#2 Bulls vs #7 Heat

Prediction: Bulls win 4-0 We sweep them again

Quarter-finals Matchups and Predictions:

#1 Raptors vs #4 Celtics

Prediction: Celtics win 4-0 They pretty much dominate in all facets, Toronto shows its youth an inexperience.

#2 Bulls vs #3 Magic

Prediction: Bulls win it 4-3

ECF:

#2 Bulls vs #4 Celtics

Prediction:

Bulls win 4-3; This is their year folks.. Atleast to "reach" the finals. It should be a tough series.
GreatScott82
My playoff predictions:
Conference Quarterfinals
Bulls (1) vs Raptors (8)- Bulls win in 6 games... however, Toronto gives them a run for their money. Homecourt will be the important factor here.
Heat (4) vs Cavs (5)- Heat wins in 7 games.. it will be a series headlined around LeBron vs Wade and Wade takes advantage of having a Shaq down low which will be the deciding factor here.
Celtics (2) vs Nets (7)- Celtics win pretty easily in 5 games here.
Pistons (3) vs Wizards (6)- Pistons in 7.. the Wizards will make this close as a healthy Arenas and Butler give the veteran Pistons a run for their money.
Conference Semifinals
Bulls(1) vs Heat(4)- Bulls in 5 games. The Bulls take advantage of a tired old team and D. Wade realizes he can't do everything by himself. Hinrich, Deng and Gordon are too much for them to handle.
Celtics (2) vs Pistons (3)- Celtics in 7 games. This will be a very entertaining series. I see KG taking over game 7 as his hunger to finally reach an NBA finals over takes the veteran pistons.
Conferance Finals
(1) Bulls vs (2) Celtics- Bulls in 7 games. I think every home game will be won by the home team and since the Bulls have earned that #1 seed they will take game 7 at home. Luol Deng emerges into a superstar this series and he provides smothering defense over Pierce forcing him to pass to KG and Allen whome are also smothered defenseivley by Ben Wallace and Kirk Hinrich respectively. For the first time in 10 years the Bulls are Eastern Conference Champions and are headed back to the NBA Finals!!

NBA FINALS
Bulls vs Suns
Suns win in 6 games. The Bulls learn a great deal from this. Paxson realizes that beating a Western team in the Finals is really tough without some star power so he decideds to aqcuire Kobe Bryant during the summer for Ben Gordon (sign and trade), Andres Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas and a #1 pick.
ZoomSlowik
Eh, season started, but what the hell...

1) Bulls. A bit of a homer pick, but between their perimeter players, depth, and defense I think they can do it.

2) Celtics. Obviously depth and potentially chemistry issues, but those 3 guys should be enough to get them up there.

3) Pistons. Getting older, but still have 4 all-star calibers.

4) Heat. They'll finish with the 6th or 7th best record, but they have to be at least 4th because of the division. Will fight it out with Orlando all year, Wade seals it late.

5) Toronto. Really get screwed by the seeding rules. Bosh is a stud, but the rest of their players are really only decent.

6) Nets. Health will be an issue, but Kidd-Carter-Jefferson-Kristic is a nice core, and their bench is getting a bit better.

7) Magic. Howard is a beast and Lewis can score. Not a big fan of their supporting cast though.

8) Cleveland. Despite Lebron, I really see them falling off.

Hard to leave off Washington, but teams that play no defense whatsoever often suffer that fate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.