Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls @ Nets
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
Hopefully whoever it was who made those fancy game thread openers showing the lineups will chime in here in a few minutes...but heck, it's season opener time everyone!
TeaLeafReaderII
It would be nice if the Bulls could get the can't win at New Jersey monkey off their back.

Hopefully Wallace's ankle will be good enough to play on.
Balta1701-B
Their cause would be aided if Ben Wallace can play. Wallace didn't practice again Tuesday because of his sprained left ankle, although coach Scott Skiles said Wallace warmed up and athletic trainer Fred Tedeschi "feels like Ben is going to go."

Wallace is leaning toward playing.

"I'm going to give it a shot before the game and see how it goes," he said. "Every day it feels a little better. But if I can't go out there and deliver, there's no need for me to be on the floor."

Joakim Noah won't be, delaying his NBA debut indefinitely as he recovers from his sprained right ankle. Noah was slotted for spot minutes anyway.

Joe Smith worked with the first unit during Tuesday's practice, suggesting he'd start regardless of whether Wallace is playing. Deng, Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich are the other three starters.
Trib
Balta1701-B
And...freakin' sweet, I just discovered that NBA Audio league pass is available free online this season with a registration. Hot damn, i can listen in this year.
Steve9347
Bulls start slow... tonight is a nightmare matchup for them. It's early and its at the place I'd say they play their absolute worst.

Unfortunately, be ready for an 0-1 start.

Nets 96
Bulls 87
dasox24
I'm so pumped up for the first game of the season! I watched the Lakers game last night just b/c future Bull Kobe was playing, lol...

Also, I just found out a few days ago that I get Comcast Sports Chicago on my Direct TV, so I will be watching as many games as I can since I've never been able to watch the Bulls unless they were on national TV.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Prediction: Bulls lose 94-90

Kirk 10 points 4 rebounds 8 assists
Gordon 17 points 3 rebounds 6 assists
Deng 25 points 5 rebounds 2 assists
Thomas 7 points 4 rebounds 0 assists
Wallace 2 points 7 rebounds 1 assist

Nocioni 14 points 6 rebounds 0 assists
Smith 8 points 4 rebounds 0 assists
Thabo 0 points 2 rebounds 1 assist
Gray 3 points 2 rebounds 1 assist
Curry DNP
Duhon 6 points 3 rebounds 2 assists
Gardner DNP
Brian
Let's tip the season off! Glad they play tonight as there is nothing else I watch on TV Wednesdays.
DrunkBomber
Anybody elses Comcast going in and out?
Brian
QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 31 2007, 07:03 PM) *
Anybody elses Comcast going in and out?

Yup.

These refs suck both ways. Let the guys play.

Guess they are betting on this game.

I win.
Brian
Struggling on offense in the 1st half.

F Comcast!
DrunkBomber
Does anybody think that Wallace and Marbury have special pairs of their shoes made that they wear in games so they dont have to wear the $15 ones?
Steve9347
great first half guys.

where's a thumbs down smiley when you need one? I'll just find my own!
Balta1701-B
Well, that was a step back from the way we opened last year.
Sanitarium
The game isnt televised here so i'm stuck with CLE/DAL going in the background...

looks like I'm not missing much. Is Lu the only one who showed up so far tonight?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 31 2007, 07:52 PM) *
Does anybody think that Wallace and Marbury have special pairs of their shoes made that they wear in games so they dont have to wear the $15 ones?

Lol thats funny you said that, my dad asked the exact same thing.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Holy Johnson Ben Gordon is en fuego!
Balta1701-B
Now Ben...one of these runs...every game this year, and then we'll talk about that contract.

Only listening, not watching...but it sure sounds like these guys are doing a better job of creating their own shots this year as opposed to waiting around. Esp. Gordon.
Brian
You knew they would make a run. If we didn't have foul trouble in the 1st half, we would probably be up.
Brian
Why is Red Kerr even on these broadcasts? Its all Dor and King, than you hear Kerr faintly in the background.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Nocioni has been crap so has Ben Wallace, Tyrus got fouled on 2 of his shot attempts that were no calls, Kirk gets a lame call against him that causes him to sit with 5 fouls.. The officiating has been terrible and one sided all game. The 3pt shot has kept us in the game and Nocioni is shooting the ball WAY TOO MUCH!
Brian
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 31 2007, 08:57 PM) *
Nocioni has been crap so has Ben Wallace, Tyrus got fouled on 2 of his shot attempts that were no calls, Kirk gets a lame call against him that causes him to sit with 5 fouls.. The officiating has been terrible and one sided all game. The 3pt shot has kept us in the game and Nocioni is shooting the ball WAY TOO MUCH!

That is what Nocioni does. Provides some physical play and energy but does get carried away shooting sometimes.

The refs in the first half were bad both ways but they are calling touchy junk on us. Some things never change.
Brian
Call the cops on Deng, he just picked Carter's pocket.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
That was a sick steal by Deng on VC. Yay we have the lead! DON'T LOSE IT!
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Christ what do you know, they lose it right as I said that...
Brian
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 31 2007, 09:13 PM) *
That was a sick steal by Deng on VC. Yay we have the lead! DON'T LOSE IT!

Jinx. Tough 3 in the corner by NJ. Kirk was on him.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
We are imploding..

EDIT: OMG tie game, Bulls ball with 19 seconds left. Its Gordon time!
Brian
Why isn't Gordon on the floor? Nice O-putback, Loul!
Brian
Noc ties it! 96 all!!!

3 air balls in a row for NJ and we will get the last shot to win it!
Brian
Hold the ball for 19 secs and that is the shot we get? Yikes.

OT
Chicago Bulls Franchise
We always have the worst calls to end games or force overtimes, its a simple pick and roll that never works and then Gordon gets his ball tipped.. ugh, OVERTIME!
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Who the hell is Antoine Wright? Jesus he makes every god damn shot...
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 31 2007, 08:30 PM) *
Who the hell is Antoine Wright? Jesus he makes every god damn shot...

Former first rounder from Texas A&M. He was always a hell of a talent, has just never done anything with it.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Must be a rule, we are never allowed to beat New Jersey, EVER.. wow
ZoomSlowik
That hurt. Why do you even give Wallace the ball at the top of the key in that situation? Only bad things can come from that...
Brian
Richard Jefferson hurt himself pounding his chest. Just another way for him to get injured.
ZoomSlowik
spiff, here come two bricks...

Hey, we got 1/2. Let's just not give Ben the ball again.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Nocioni is a very overrated defender, he always leaves his man open on the perimeter. Why would we double team Carter anyways? He is shooting horrendous from the outside, RJ has been on fire.
Balta1701-B
Well, at least we made a game of it. Really hard to win a game when the other team shoots 40 free throws and shoots >90%.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
The last 30 seconds of this game is going to kill me.. We had a billion chances and failed. Its one game and were 0-1, I don't like the way this team looks right now.
b-riann
time to get kobe. we never gets points going to the basket, everything is from the arc or a little further in.

almost had him today, with SAC and LA. artest, gordon, and maybe thomas were going to go to LA, and i think they said noah and wallace would go to SAC, and the bulls would get kobe. SAC didnt feel they were getting enough

on the other hand, we always start out slow, so hopefully this is just normal
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I really hate the Nets they just tick me off. Deng and Gordon were basically the guys tonight. Funny how it came down to the final shot to win or go into overtime and it was Gordon to miss it. Makes you wonder if Kobe had been there haha. I tell you one thing, he wouldn't have gotten his shot blocked.

Its clearly evident that we can't get to the line. That has been the story for the last 3 years. Thabo struggled tonight and so did Tyrus. Deng and Gordon show why there future allstars and Kirk is still getting in foul trouble.
Schalke
Well we lost an overtime road game against a good team; and a team that always gives us trouble. Nothing to to lose sleep over. Sefolosha was horrible. This guy doesn't do anything for us. He's got to be the slowest guard on our team; we might as well play Gardner.

By the way, Comcast SportsNet: Not only are your announcers horrible, but you can't even put out a game without having technical difficulties every 5 seconds. Absolute disgrace.
MB33
we need a post player asap
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 31 2007, 09:54 PM) *
I really hate the Nets they just tick me off. Deng and Gordon were basically the guys tonight. Funny how it came down to the final shot to win or go into overtime and it was Gordon to miss it. Makes you wonder if Kobe had been there haha. I tell you one thing, he wouldn't have gotten his shot blocked.

Judging from the way Skiles was screaming at Nocioni, I think he had something to do with the final play of regulation sucking so much.

Gordon played a whole lot of minutes... by overtime he was gassed and his shot was off. Suprisingly, his defense was ok. Maybe even good.

I tell you what though, they better keep the trade talks behind closed doors or cut them off all together. You can tell its spilling onto the court.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.