Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's becoming a distraction
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
sport1016
What Luol Deng basically said is if the bulls upped their offer from 50 million to 55, he'd sign a deal.

The bulls could not possibly think he will sign for less than that next summer.

The Bulls have decided to after Kobe. Hard.

And by the Bulls I mean Jerry Reinsdorf. Because he's the one who is who has to OK the 100 Million dollar extension Kobe will want to sign and the expectations and financial commitments it will mean to win titles ASAP.

BUT IT IS BECOMING A DISTRACTION to all the players. They know the Bulls are trying to get kobe. And I think all the different rumors that came flying out today were a sign of desperation by Pax.

He knows its becoming a distraction. He has to get this done as soon as possible so everyone can move on and start focusing on winning. Or like someone said, set ma deadline of this weekend and say not till after the season if not by then or something.

Pax has to do something now while he has all the leverage. How long before Kobe can't take LA and his impending exit and expands his list of acceptable destinations? It's now or never. Pax knows.

Watching Lu and BG throw up shots tonight, I couldn't decide if they were trying to earn their next contracts or prove the Bulls should keep them. That sucks. It sucks for the team. It sucks for us, the fans. I am tired of waiting for the inevitable.

From the sounds of it, I think everyone agrees that Deng (and Kirk too) compliment Kobe perfectly, but Kobe is fighting to make that happen more than Pax is. How sweet would it have been to ink deng to a reasonable 55 million dollar deal and trade for kobe in the same week? Damn. That would have been a franchise.

I can't wait for this summer when Deng asks for Rashard Lewis money after beating him out for an all-star spot. Let's hope his shooting % doesn't suffer. Because I'll be good money he and Ben's stats won't. Thanks Pax. Hurry up, will ya?
GreatScott82
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Nov 1 2007, 02:24 AM) *
What Luol Deng basically said is if the bulls upped their offer from 50 million to 55, he'd sign a deal.

The bulls could not possibly think he will sign for less than that next summer.

The Bulls have decided to after Kobe. Hard.

And by the Bulls I mean Jerry Reinsdorf. Because he's the one who is who has to OK the 100 Million dollar extension Kobe will want to sign and the expectations and financial commitments it will mean to win titles ASAP.

BUT IT IS BECOMING A DISTRACTION to all the players. They know the Bulls are trying to get kobe. And I think all the different rumors that came flying out today were a sign of desperation by Pax.

He knows its becoming a distraction. He has to get this done as soon as possible so everyone can move on and start focusing on winning. Or like someone said, set ma deadline of this weekend and say not till after the season if not by then or something.

Pax has to do something now while he has all the leverage. How long before Kobe can't take LA and his impending exit and expands his list of acceptable destinations? It's now or never. Pax knows.

Watching Lu and BG throw up shots tonight, I couldn't decide if they were trying to earn their next contracts or prove the Bulls should keep them. That sucks. It sucks for the team. It sucks for us, the fans. I am tired of waiting for the inevitable.

From the sounds of it, I think everyone agrees that Deng (and Kirk too) compliment Kobe perfectly, but Kobe is fighting to make that happen more than Pax is. How sweet would it have been to ink deng to a reasonable 55 million dollar deal and trade for kobe in the same week? Damn. That would have been a franchise.

I can't wait for this summer when Deng asks for Rashard Lewis money after beating him out for an all-star spot. Let's hope his shooting % doesn't suffer. Because I'll be good money he and Ben's stats won't. Thanks Pax. Hurry up, will ya?

I agree..its a HUGE distraction for the team,almost every key player on this team is looking over their shoulder at a new rumor that involves there name. Please get something done soon Pax.. Any deal that has us keep Kirk and Luol is good for me. Since they don't want Wallace's contract, give a solid package of Gordon, Noah, Thomas, Duhon and Khryapa and lets all move on.
Schalke
I agree. It seems like the guys above Paxson are pushing for this more than Pax is. I just hope this is resolved by the weekend. Either get Kobe, or come out and say we're no longer pursuing Kobe. That way this team can concentrate on playing basketball.
ZoomSlowik
I think Gordon was definitely trying to prove something last night, Deng not so much.

Luol was his usually solid all-around self, he wasn't jacking up 3's or hogging the ball. He did try to force a few shots inside, but that was when they were down 10 and he had to try to make something happen (I also think he was the only scorer on the floor at the time with a Duhon-Thabo-Thomas-Wallace group around him, don't really remember totally though). He still shot well from the floor and only had two turnovers.

Gordon was another story though, he took a lot of shots and was and was regularly trying to force things that weren't really there, especially towards the end of the game. That's fairly obvious with the 8-25 shooting night and the 6 turnovers. I do think he was trying to prove that he's an elite scorer, that he deserves a large extension and that they don't need Kobe.
Steve9347
They need to either make it happen or say it won't happen.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 1 2007, 01:16 PM) *
I think Gordon was definitely trying to prove something last night, Deng not so much.

Luol was his usually solid all-around self, he wasn't jacking up 3's or hogging the ball. He did try to force a few shots inside, but that was when they were down 10 and he had to try to make something happen (I also think he was the only scorer on the floor at the time with a Duhon-Thabo-Thomas-Wallace group around him, don't really remember totally though). He still shot well from the floor and only had two turnovers.

Gordon was another story though, he took a lot of shots and was and was regularly trying to force things that weren't really there, especially towards the end of the game. That's fairly obvious with the 8-25 shooting night and the 6 turnovers. I do think he was trying to prove that he's an elite scorer, that he deserves a large extension and that they don't need Kobe.

I don't know. I think Ben, for better or for worse, is and has been trying to prove he is an elite scorer every night. It's possible his issue was conditioning. His game really fell apart towards the end. He played 48 minutes after barely seeing the floor in training camp and preseason.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Nov 1 2007, 01:32 PM) *
They need to either make it happen or say it won't happen.

Ask and ye shall recieve huh.gif

Paxson puts Kobe rumors to rest
GM says there will be no deal to bring Lakers superstar to Bulls

By K.C. Johnson
Tribune staff reporter

November 1, 2007, 2:48 PM CDT

Kobe Bryant is not coming to the Bulls.

General manager John Paxson put an end to more than a week of feverish speculation, declaring, "There's not a deal to be done" in the Bryant sweepstakes following Thursday's practice.

"It's time to put it to rest," Paxson said.

Paxson had grown weary of responding to the endless speculation regarding Bryant's future and wanted to ease the minds of his team, which many consider an Eastern Conference favorite.

Paxson acknowledged having several conversations with the Lakers regarding Bryant but refused to divulge specifics. It's known that the Bulls engaged in multiple talks trying to engineer three-team trades, but nothing ever got close, Paxson said.

Paxson refused to say his team was distracted by the daily rumors regarding the incident, saying merely that the Bulls "played poorly" in Wednesday's season-opening loss the Nets.

But Paxson wanted to make sure the situation didn't become a distraction.

"Today sends a message that our guys don't have to worry about anything anymore," he said.

Copyright © 2007, The Chicago Tribune
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Now that the Kobe deal isn't happening it really makes Paxson look like an idiot. He was almost in a lose lose situation anyways. He can sign them and that basically means no Kobe or they don't sign them to use in a trade that never happened.
Balta1701-B
Ok, we tried, they wanted our whole team, that makes no sense for us, let's move on, and start winning some damn games. No 3-9 start to this season. Get it out of your system, and start winning some ball right now.
sport1016
THANK GOD IT'S OVER!

Or.....

Is Pax shutting the door via the media in order to try to USE the leverage everyone has mentioned.

If he says he's done and Kobe is still pouting, that sure would make the lakers ask for less, right....
Chicago Bulls Franchise
This is what is happening..

Paxson is pissed off at everyone for making the trade more difficult than it should be. Kobe doesn't want Deng to go but in order for LA to agree, Deng has to be involved in most trade scenarios.

He wants to tell the players and the media all talks are off but secretly he is seeing if there is any possible trade that he could tweak to make it work; especially if Phoenix is involved. It makes sense to give the Thabo, he hasn't really improved from last season after watching him in preseason and last nights game, but for whatever reason the Suns love this kid.

Pax will likely wait until December 15 until Nocioni can be involved in a trade to sweeten a deal up. The final trade could involved Gordon, and Nocioni going in a 3 way deal and perhaps Wallace or Thomas.

Nothing will happen from now until the 15th and suddenly you'll hear rumors again.. What will happen? Probably nothing, AGAIN!
MB33
i would not trade thomas i would give up noah or nocioni and bg
b-riann
QUOTE (MB33 @ Nov 4 2007, 09:28 AM) *
i would not trade thomas i would give up noah or nocioni and bg

u must be nuts if u think LA will give up the best player in the universe for nocioni/noah and gordon.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
If they balked at Gordon + Wallace there not going to accept that garbage...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.