Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meet your starting PF for the 06-07 season
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Dude Abides
Al Harrington Profile

The new starting PF for the chicago bulls for the 06-07 season. We don't need to give up draft picks or players to get him. He has continually improved his scoring and rebounding every year. he will fit in perfectly to our system...give us respectability in the paint, which will open up our offense and make us one of the top contenders in the east.

Imagine Harrington and PF and Aldridge at C next year!!!!!
The Gladiator
Ya thats what I think to except change Aldridge to Tyrus Thomas biggrin.gif
ZoomSlowik
I wouldn't really say he's improved his play every year. His numbers have gotten better, but his minutes and shot attempts have gone up as well. He's really a SF playing out of position. His career high in rebounds is 7 per game, his career high shooting percentage in a full season is 46.3, and he's not a very good post defender.

He's a decent stop-gap solution, but I don't see him as a long term answer.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 19 2006, 08:48 PM)
I wouldn't really say he's improved his play every year. His numbers have gotten better, but his minutes and shot attempts have gone up as well. He's really a SF playing out of position. His career high in rebounds is 7 per game, his career high shooting percentage in a full season is 46.3, and he's not a very good post defender.

He's a decent stop-gap solution, but I don't see him as a long term answer.

He's still a huge upgrade from chandler who is a career 7.7 rpg and this year is 9.1 rpg. I'd take HArringtons all around game vs chandlers 1 dimensional.
JPargo
We dont even need Al. he doesnt even play like the dominant low-post player that we need. We need Nene. Gooden, or Nazr so that we can have that dominant low-post presence.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 19 2006, 08:59 PM)
He's still a huge upgrade from chandler who is a career 7.7 rpg and this year is 9.1 rpg. I'd take HArringtons all around game vs chandlers 1 dimensional.

I won't argue that.
bschmaranz
Only thing I don't like about Harrington is that he is far from intimidating a presence in the paint. For being 6'9, he sure does lack that killer instinct. If we wind up with a hardcore rebounder/shot blocker freak in the draft, then I'm all for picking up Al.
JPargo
QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Apr 19 2006, 10:08 PM)
Only thing I don't like about Harrington is that he is far from intimidating a presence in the paint. For being 6'9, he sure does lack that killer instinct. If we wind up with a hardcore rebounder/shot blocker freak in the draft, then I'm all for picking up Al.

That guy we are looking for in the draft is Saer Sene
SoxFan1
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 19 2006, 11:05 PM)
That guy we are looking for in the draft is Saer Sene

Who in the world is that????
HoofHearted
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 19 2006, 11:12 PM)
Who in the world is that????

Saer

Skinny as hell, but tall and LONG. Says he will have the longest wingspan right from the start, doesnt say exactly how big, but it mentions Magloire and Mutombo have a 7'7". Wow, nice find right there.

Seriously though, the guy is skinny as hell he looks like a 7 footer with Dengs thickness. Get that boy on some rice and beans immediately!

TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Apr 20 2006, 12:25 AM)
Saer

Skinny as hell, but tall and LONG. Says he will have the longest wingspan right from the start, doesnt say exactly how big, but it mentions Magloire and Mutombo have a 7'7". Wow, nice find right there.

Seriously though, the guy is skinny as hell he looks like a 7 footer with Dengs thickness. Get that boy on some rice and beans immediately!

any chance he might fall to the Bulls second pick?

I'd have serious problems passing on Lamarcus for a kid who has only been playing ball for 2 years...
HoofHearted
Just to follow up, his full name is Mouhamed Saer Sene and he has a 7'8" wingspan. Everything written about him says he is dominant on D and works the boards hard. Very agile, which should bode well for his learning how to score in the paint., but right now he has no offensive game to speak of. Just sounds like a guy with endless potential, and that is what whomever drafts him is going to get him for. I wouldnt expect him to be a scoring threat right away, but a couple years of learning some low post moves combined with his seemingly fantastic athelticism and he could be nasty.

It really sounds like all the hype has pushed him into the top 5, which could be a problem, I might take someone who we have seen more of and has been playing for longer than 2 seasons. I would pool him right there with Hilton Armstrong, Patrick O'Bryant, Tiago Splitter, and Andrea Bargnani in terms of talented guys who could use a lot of work or weight. This class of big men certainly isnt the most proven, but when it comes to being agile and potential based players, it is one of the better ones in recent memory. All the Centers in this class(minus O'Bryant) appear to be in the Amare Staudemire mold, of overbearingly quick players for their size. We have to remember Amare/Dwight Howard didnt have the best low post moves coming in, and he learned damn quick,even though his moves mostly come off fast tempo feeds under the basket. It still beats the hell outta me why Pax didnt sign Diop before the season, even though the guy hasnt lived up to his potential, it would have helped a whole hell of a a lot. Oh well, just gotta do more work on scouting and FA this summer.
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 19 2006, 08:48 PM)
He's really a SF playing out of position.

Exactly

/Thread.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Apr 20 2006, 02:57 AM)
Just to follow up, his full name is Mouhamed Saer Sene and he has a 7'8" wingspan. Everything written about him says he is dominant on D and works the boards hard. Very agile, which should bode well for his learning how to score in the paint., but right now he has no offensive game to speak of. Just sounds like a guy with endless potential, and that is what whomever drafts him is going to get him for. I wouldnt expect him to be a scoring threat right away, but a couple years of learning some low post moves combined with his seemingly fantastic athelticism and he could be nasty.

It really sounds like all the hype has pushed him into the top 5, which could be a problem, I might take someone who we have seen more of and has been playing for longer than 2 seasons. I would pool him right there with Hilton Armstrong, Patrick O'Bryant, Tiago Splitter, and Andrea Bargnani in terms of talented guys who could use a lot of work or weight. This class of big men certainly isnt the most proven, but when it comes to being agile and potential based players, it is one of the better ones in recent memory. All the Centers in this class(minus O'Bryant) appear to be in the Amare Staudemire mold, of overbearingly quick players for their size. We have to remember Amare/Dwight Howard didnt have the best low post moves coming in, and he learned damn quick,even though his moves mostly come off fast tempo feeds under the basket. It still beats the hell outta me why Pax didnt sign Diop before the season, even though the guy hasnt lived up to his potential, it would have helped a whole hell of a a lot. Oh well, just gotta do more work on scouting and FA this summer.

Sounds like the stuff they were saying about Tyson five years ago to be honest... He could be the next Olajuwon, but somehow I doubt it if he is that far back on the learning curve.
ZoomSlowik
I haven't seen anything that suggests that Saer Sene is a top 5 pick yet. Not even close. He's extremely raw, probably even more so than guys like Thomas and O'Bryant. So far he's a borderline first round pick. He'd really need to kick some ass in workouts to shoot up past the area where our second round pick will be.
nitetrain8601
Harrington will be overpaid this offseason. There's better to overpay than him. He's not even the best SF, Peja is IMO.
JPargo
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 20 2006, 11:44 AM)
I haven't seen anything that suggests that Saer Sene is a top 5 pick yet. Not even close. He's extremely raw, probably even more so than guys like Thomas and O'Bryant. So far he's a borderline first round pick. He'd really need to kick some ass in workouts to shoot up past the area where our second round pick will be.

Hes projected to go anywhere from picks 15-20 just in time for the bulls pick.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 20 2006, 05:45 PM)
Hes projected to go anywhere from picks 15-20 just in time for the bulls pick.

That would be pretty cool especially if we get Aldridge with our first pick, then add this guy...I think we need 2-3 low post players before we even look at any other position.
syxx
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 20 2006, 04:40 PM)
Harrington will be overpaid this offseason. There's better to overpay than him. He's not even the best SF, Peja is IMO.

Problem is, we need an inside presence, I don’t think either of these guys brings that to the table, though Harrington seems more enticing because of his god-given skill...plus Peja really doesn't fit into our system, he couldn't play defense if his life depended on it...plus he is the Mozart of choking in the clutch...

I would rather not jump on either player, considering one bad apple can ruin the whole team, example: Crawford.
FromWayDowntown
Hmmmmmm....Al Harrington at the 4.

That would be enticing, but is he the long-term answer the Bulls need at the 4? 6'9"'ers usually don't make it as a PF unless your name is Otis Thorpe.

Plus, I see Al as more of a tweener 3 or 4 on the floor than a 4 full time.

Pass. Either Chandler or Aldridge/another PF will be at the 4 next season.
sport1016
the perfect thing for the bulls to do this summer is to sign nazr mohammed and draft lemarcus aldridge

Hopefully the bulls will concentrate on bigs this offseason and let deng play the two when they need a tall two guard....they could even do it like baseball. Depending on the matchup gordon/deng start at the two and three or deng/noc do. Agst stephen jackson (6'8) use the latter and against Ray Allen (6'4) the former, for example.

Anyway, back to the bigs.....

Drafting aldridge and signing mohammed will create and amazing rotation with the two of them and chandler. This is also good bc none of the three NEED to start and this will avoid problems (chandler and mohammed have been in and out of the starting lineup all of their careers and aldridge will be a rookie). Therefore, you have three guys who can play either spot, all three are at least 6'11 and you have tons of versatility. You can go all D with chandler and mohammed, all offense with aldridge and mohammed, and hopefully the lineup of the future with aldridge and chandler with muhammed the super sub. This works because mohammed is both a decent offensive player and a good defensive player.

This is a perfect situation that would set the frontcourt for years with songalia and malik allen as your 2nd and 3rd reserve big men.

Bye sweets, it was fun, almost.

Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, aldridge, muhammed
key reserves: noc, chandler, duhon,
or
hinrich, deng, noc, aldridge, chandler
key reserves: gordon, muhammed, duhon
.......you get the idea...........
rest of the bench: songalia, malik allen, pargo(does AJ Guyton want to come back to the nba instead?), random big guard (basden? pike?)

can u do anything but gush over this lineup? We will be competing with cavs/nets next year for third best team in the east, with future championships on the horrizon.
bulls91
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Apr 22 2006, 03:42 PM)
the perfect thing for the bulls to do this summer is to sign nazr mohammed and draft lemarcus aldridge

Hopefully the bulls will concentrate on bigs this offseason and let deng play the two when they need a tall two guard....they could even do it like baseball. Depending on the matchup gordon/deng start at the two and three or deng/noc do. Agst stephen jackson (6'8) use the latter and against Ray Allen (6'4) the former, for example.

Anyway, back to the bigs.....

Drafting aldridge and signing mohammed will create and amazing rotation with the two of them and chandler. This is also good bc none of the three NEED to start and this will avoid problems (chandler and mohammed have been in and out of the starting lineup all of their careers and aldridge will be a rookie). Therefore, you have three guys who can play either spot, all three are at least 6'11 and you have tons of versatility. You can go all D with chandler and mohammed, all offense with aldridge and mohammed, and hopefully the lineup of the future with aldridge and chandler with muhammed the super sub. This works because mohammed is both a decent offensive player and a good defensive player.

This is a perfect situation that would set the frontcourt for years with songalia and malik allen as your 2nd and 3rd reserve big men.

Bye sweets, it was fun, almost.

Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, aldridge, muhammed
key reserves: noc, chandler, duhon,
or
hinrich, deng, noc, aldridge, chandler
key reserves: gordon, muhammed, duhon
.......you get the idea...........
rest of the bench: songalia, malik allen, pargo(does AJ Guyton want to come back to the nba instead?), random big guard (basden? pike?)

can u do anything but gush over this lineup? We will be competing with cavs/nets next year for third best team in the east, with future championships on the horrizon.

nice post that is well thought out the olny think is who do we get for the second first round pick i did not read any thing on that.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 22 2006, 03:55 PM)
nice post that is well thought out the olny think is who do we get for the second first round pick i did not read any thing on that.

The second round pick might be the spot to take a chance on one of the forgein kids. With the Bulls in the position that they are now, there isn't much of a chance of the second round pick breaking camp with the team, so you might as well make it someone worth sending to the NBDL. Grab a project at that point with a high reward, low risk scenario.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (FromWayDowntown @ Apr 22 2006, 01:18 PM)
Hmmmmmm....Al Harrington at the 4.

That would be enticing, but is he the long-term answer the Bulls need at the 4? 6'9"'ers usually don't make it as a PF unless your name is Otis Thorpe.

Plus, I see Al as more of a tweener 3 or 4 on the floor than a 4 full time.

Pass. Either Chandler or Aldridge/another PF will be at the 4 next season.

Brand is 6'8 and averaged a double double this year and pretty much every year since he has been in the league.

Tyson chandler is garbage. he is not a low post player. he cant dribble, pass, post up, shoot a hook shot, turn around j, layup and misses 9/10 dunks he attempts. Chandler should play about 15 mins a game with his sole purpose to rebound and provide help defense.
sport1016
with the second pick the bulls ought to go for the best all around player available who's not a small forward

if there is a big guard who would at least be an upgrade over pike and basden i'd do that

maybe shelden williams or a foreign big man is still on the board
nick fazekas is an offensive (and soft) pf, right?

maybe even a 3rd point guard to replace pargo (anyone who can pass and dribble would be an upgrade)

or package it with sweets to sign and trade for nazr if the spurs put up a fight for him
bulls91
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Apr 23 2006, 05:40 PM)
with the second pick the bulls ought to go for the best all around player available who's not a small forward

if there is a big guard who would at least be an upgrade over pike and basden i'd do that

maybe shelden williams or a foreign big man is still on the board
nick fazekas is an offensive (and soft) pf, right?

maybe even a 3rd point guard to replace pargo (anyone who can pass and dribble would be an upgrade)

or package it with sweets to sign and trade for nazr if the spurs put up a fight for him

nazr would be nice but i think that Sene would be better he is a good low post player and also is lenthy so he will cause matsh- up problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.