Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tyrus
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Holy cow I missed the game yesterday and I see he had 21 points 12 rebounds and 3 blocks, anyone care to explain how he looked that saw the game??
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 3 2007, 10:05 AM) *
Holy cow I missed the game yesterday and I see he had 21 points 12 rebounds and 3 blocks, anyone care to explain how he looked that saw the game??

It was one of the best games I have seen him play. Most importantly, he is gaining confidence. He actually hit a couple mid range jump shots and showed improved play in the low post. I dont expect that from him every night, but I think it's a glimpse of what he is going to be. Tyrus will probably give us 13pt 9 reb this year...However, if he continues to improve...who knows?
He will most likely have ups and downs this season.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I also see he is leading this team in FG % this season (47.5%). 12.5 ppg 9 rpg is good, but it is two games. I'd like to see how he does in the next few games. Can he sustain that level of play? I'm not saying 21 points 12 rebounds every night, I'm talking about minimizing the turnovers, playing a high amount of minutes, continually look like the best athlete on the floor, and rebound like a mad man.
Sanitarium
Tyrus Thomas #24 PF

Field Goal Selection
Layups: 2-4
Jumpers: 4-7
Dunks: 4-5

I wasn't able to watch the game, but it looks like he had a solid all-around scoring game.
sport1016
he looked very very good

He was 2/3 if I remember correctly on 17-18ish foot jumpers. He missed his first one he took from that far out, then hit the next two.

A beast on the offensive glass. I think all but 1-2 dunks/layups were on put backs where he went up tough for the offensive rebound then scored.
Bullseye
It's amazing how explosive he is...
MB33
he is a keeper
b-riann
he looked good, but he still makes those little stupid mistakes
SoxFan1
1-7 with 2 points last night.
sport1016
TT played well i thought yesterday besides his shooting %. I was extremely surprised how well he backed his man in, waited for the double team and made several good passes that eventually led to open jumpers.

He was actually getting double teamed. That's new.

This team doesnt look good right now, and TT isn't going to be a stat stuffer every night yet, but with he and Joe Smith being so solid I would say PF has become a position of strength in the rotation.

Come playoff time after Noah and TT have a (or another) season's worth of experience, along with Mr. Smith, I'd say PF is a far lesser worry at this point than say ball movement, shot selection, or fouling.

ESPECIALLY compared to this point last year.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
His stats didn't look good last night but if they were double teaming him in the post that is saying something.. I couldn't imagine that but if you say so, maybe he showed the other day he is capable of doing it on a consistent basis. I'd like to be able to watch more than one game a week so I could see for myself........
madisonsmadhouse
The last two games are the perfect microcausm of what has to drive Scott Skiles insane. Thomas is an incredible athlete, and when his head in the game, is a monster. The problem is, that concentration just comes and goes.
Steve9347
Tyrus had one great game and it will probably be after Thanksgiving before we see another one...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.