Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ben Wallace to the bench?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
On the score this afternoon there was a report from the Berto Center that Skiles is unhappy with Big Ben's play and there is a possibility that he sees some time on the bench if he doesn't pick it up here shortly. What do you guys think about this? Is he wearing out his welcome in Chi-Town? I think so, this is the kind of situation you hate to be in. With Ben's ego you don't know how he is going to take coming off the bench but you can probably guess. I thought this was a great pickup when we got him but he hasn't been jack crap this season and played under expectations last year. He basically stole what money we gave him. If we get worse as the season goes on I could see a possible, Ben Wallace for Kwame Brown, Vlad Radmonavic, 1st round pick deal before the deadline. If you make that move you get an expiring contract in Kwame and your cutting down on the lux tax.
TeaLeafReaderII
His ankle is still messed up. He can't jump... The tribune was saying that skiles would cut down on his minutes if Noah can play. I wouldn't read to much into it, unless Skiles starts taking away minutes when he was healthy.
madisonsmadhouse
Wallace is obviously not 100%. I wouldn't even mind him taking a couple of games off to get healthy.
Steve9347
Wallace isn't healthy, that's the problem.

And the Lakers want nothing to do with Wallace and that contract.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Nov 6 2007, 08:57 AM) *

The contract gets a little more manageable next year. Paxson had it front loaded.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Nov 6 2007, 09:41 AM) *
The contract gets a little more manageable next year. Paxson had it front loaded.

Even if it were a straightline deal, the cap goes up every year, as does the luxury tax. Pax has been really smart about not backloading deals, that way he could re-sign his own rooks.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Nov 6 2007, 09:57 AM) *

Why? They get rid of Radmonavic's and Kwame's bad contracts so it evens out..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.