Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elton Brand as a Bull again?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Steve9347
I'd be happy with it... I believe the original source was SS Sam Smith, so take it with a grain of salt.

from Yahoo NBA Rumors

A free agent Brand could return to Bulls

Tuesday, Nov 6, 2007 7:23 am EST

The Chicago Tribune suggested it's time to try to rectify probably the biggest personnel mistake in Chicago Bulls history: Go get Elton Brand back.

Brand, the Los Angeles Clippers forward, can become a free agent after this season, and is really what the Bulls need, an inside scorer and a career 20-and-10 player whom you might be able to get without gutting your team.

With Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, Joakim Noah and Andres Nocioni, the Bulls have some young players who might interest the Clippers, and they wouldn't have to give up all of them.
Steve9347
Obviously before you even consider a trade you have to get him to agree to a sign-and-trade. He's exactly what the Bulls need, and you can't convince me he couldn't be had for Kirk or Gordon+Noah or Tyrus+draft pick
madisonsmadhouse
If there ever was a Scott Skiles player in the NBA, Elton Brand is it.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Nov 6 2007, 10:56 AM) *
I'd be happy with it... I believe the original source was SS Sam Smith, so take it with a grain of salt.

The blue part is a salt diapir. You can use the rivers and mountain ranges for scale.
ZoomSlowik
You've got to make sure he's healthy before you even consider it.

That would be awesome if you could bring back a healthy Brand to pair with Deng and Gordon/Hinrich, though I won't get my hopes up just yet.
b-riann
it mentions free agent brand could come back, and then it says the bullss have young players LAC may want. well we wouldnt have to give any of them up if hes a FA, right?
sport1016
we'd have to do a sign and trade bc we would never have the room under the cap
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I'd welcome him to our team, too bad it most likely won't happen.
dasox24
Likely just another Sam Smith pipedream, but Elton Brand on this team would be awesome. And, it would definitely cost less than Kobe. The Clippers could realistically take a combination of Hinrich, TT, Nocioni, and a 1st round pick for Brand and maybe they'd throw in Cassell. I think it would improve their team, as well as giving them more depth.

PG- Hinrich
SG- Maggette
SF- Nocioni
PF- Tim Thomas
C- Chris Kaman
Bench- Tyrus Thomas, Al Thornton, Ruben Patterson, Brevin Knight, Cuttino Mobley

Meanwhile, we still have:
PG- Cassell
SG- BG
SF- Deng
PF- Brand
C- Wallace
with Duhon, Sef, Smith, Noah, and Gray all coming off the bench.
Sanitarium
Dont even think about it until he can stay healthy
Chicago Bulls Franchise
No, he's going to be a free agent, why in the blue hell would we trade for him? If were going to be over the cap then forget it..
Wanne
Why trade for him now....especially coming off the injury he has. The Bool are actually in a good situation right now with good young talent...and not HAVING to commit to anything right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.