Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are our options at this point?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Option 1: KOBE

We give them Gordon, Deng, and Ben Wallace for Kobe Bryant and Jordan Farmar. It gives LA two very young players with plenty of playoff experience and a veteran that is seemingly on his way down but still probably one of the best defensive players in the game. Chicago gets their wish, a "Superstar" and LA gets rid of their disgruntled player and gets about as good of value as you could hope for.

Kirk
Kobe
Nocioni
Thomas
Smith

with, Thabo, Noah, Duhon, Khryapa, Gray, and Farmar off the bench. Probably not the best bench ever assembled but we already had too many players that needed soo many minutes.

Option 2: Maggete

Ben Gordon and Victor Khryapa could get the deal done. Maggete provides a lot of skills the Bulls are lacking like strength, the ability to draw fouls and rebounding. He is a better defender than Gordon so he'd be able to guard other shooting guards because of his size, athleticism and strength. Gordon gives LAC a 2 guard that can play point at times. He could start at the point guard spot so that Cassell could come off of the bench or visa versa.

Kirk
Maggete
Deng
Thomas
Wallace

That lineup is very good on paper. Maggete might not have a great jump shot but he can still put up 20 every night when half of it comes from the line. He can post up, defend the post, rebound, pass and dunk, all very well. I think he'd make an excellent fit to this team.

Option 3: Chris Wilcox

I love watching this kid play. He has improved a ton over the course of 2 seasons. Before we thought he'd be nice here but now I really believe it. He is a 6'11 athletic freak. He pounds the boards, he is built like a rock and he will score a lot in transition. Why not give them Ben Gordon and Thabo Sefolosha? It makes sense for both teams when Seattle gets another 20 point scorer next to an already deadly Kevin Durant. They also get a hybrid in Thabo that can play positions 1 through 3. Wilcox brings energy, and flare to this team- I think he makes this a more all around exciting team to watch.

Duhon (ugh?)
Kirk
Deng
Wilcox
Wallace

or

Kirk
Deng
Smith
Wilcox
Wallace

One lineup brings solid defense yet undersized and the other brings better scoring and you get bigger yet you have Deng as your shooting guard which could cause some problems against quicker players..

Option 4:

Stay put, ride everything out and wish for the best... (BOOOO)
Steve9347
it's going to be OPTION 4. and they will be fine to win 50 games.
sport1016
Seattle is not giving up Chris Wilcox. They are a young team short on productive bigs with an already overcrowded back court with Watson, Ridnour, delonte West, Sczczczczczerbiak, Gelable, KD etc.

It would also not be ideal to pair BG with KD bc they both need the ball in their hands on O to be effective.

Javaris Crittendon is 6'5. Derek Fisher guarded SGs all last year for the Jazz. LA is one of the few places where they can accomodate an undersized 2.

I really think not having a clearly defined position, heading into year 4, really hampers BGs trade value more than we all want to think.
Wanne
Maybe the problem is too many of these speculative trades being thrown around. Not tryin' to be a smartass or anything...but it has to be unsettling hearing this crap time and time again.

Or maybe they read too many of their press clipping annointing them favorites in the East.

Injuries have hurt any cohesiveness early on. At this point I'm not too worried unless it falls to around 4-15 or some crap like that.
b-riann
it will be option 4, but i wish it was option 1
Sanitarium
All these problems would go away if Gordon would just get his act together.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Nov 7 2007, 09:17 PM) *
All these problems would go away if Gordon would just get his act together.

And Wallace, and Hinrich, and Deng, and Thomas, and ....
TeaLeafReaderII
option 4... i.e man the fish up.
Balta1701-B
Kobe Bryant has made it 100% clear that he will veto exactly the deal you propose because it does not give him the opportunity to play alongside Deng. I believe he's vetoed that exact deal already, or at least something close to it.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Nov 8 2007, 10:11 AM) *
option 4... i.e man the fish up.

Exactly. We aren't going to see a major trade at this point of hte season. That is just ignorant of history.
sport1016
Yah. December. Wait till December.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.