Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no no for noah
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
Skiles not happy with out-spoken rookie Noah
Friday, Nov 9, 2007 6:33 am EST

Getty Images
Chicago Bulls coach Scott Skiles was less than pleased with rookie Joakim Noah's assesment to the media about the struggling Bulls, calling them soft, distracted, and defensively listless.

"I don't know. If I had just played my first pro game, I'd probably have kept my mouth shut, to be honest with you,'' Skiles fired back. "It's obvious we're not playing to our ability, there's no doubt about that. I may have a little problem with the phrasing of that, but the point is probably spot-on. Again, it probably should have been someone else speaking for the group.''

i agree with skiles completely but i dont think its that big of a deal. in his press conference after the game he was joking saying "i was going to have joakim do it" or something like that.
Balta1701-B
I have absolutely no problem with what Noah said, and I have absolutely no problem with Skiles's response. He called out his teammates when they needed to be called out (and look what happened in response) and then Skiles responded by basically pointing out that he's still a rookie.

At some level, that's exactly what this team needed. Just like the headband incident last year.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
That story is somewhat BS anyways. Skiles said all that while smiling. Somebody has to be a leader and we don't have one right now. I don't have a problem with Joakim speaking up, he did win back to back National Championships so its not like he doesn't know what it takes...
mmmmmbeeer
Wasn't the main reason Pax drafted him was to provide a spark, high energy, winning attitude? I like the fact he spoke up.
TeaLeafReaderII
Skiles said that his comments were mischaracterized by media... he was joking and that he hopes Noah will keep being honest
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.