Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Chuckles right?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
hinrich fan
Barkley said the other night prior to the Pistons game, the Bulls have a lot of great
players, but no superstar? Does everyone agree? And how about Deng? His name comes up in the trade rumors, but he could squash those by signing; 5 years $57 million is hardly chump change?
$11.4 million a year. Thus the question too....Did we blow it by not getting Gasol???? Speak out....
Steve9347
I think its fairly obvious that he Bulls don't have a superstar. They have a lot of great pieces, but definitely no superstar.
Wanne
I never did get the talk of Deng being an up and coming superstar. Very good player...yes. Superstar....no. There's one thing that Barkley said that is pretty obvious and pretty true. The Bulls are strictly a perimeter team. They don't run hardly any sets for inside plays (no brainer considering Wallace's lack of offense). But we should be working on backdoor cuts and such with Tyrus.

There's one guy that given their team start and all and maybe they'd be willing to retool before the trading deadline...and that's Washington Gilbert Arenas. I wonder what kind of package it would take to land him starting with Gordon.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (hinrich fan @ Nov 10 2007, 12:26 PM) *
Barkley said the other night prior to the Pistons game, the Bulls have a lot of great
players, but no superstar? Does everyone agree? And how about Deng? His name comes up in the trade rumors, but he could squash those by signing; 5 years $57 million is hardly chump change?
$11.4 million a year. Thus the question too....Did we blow it by not getting Gasol???? Speak out....

15 ppg is not going to make Deng a super star. Deng is a good player, but doesnt appear to want to be the go to guy. He might work best as a complimentary player to a super star or our top scorer.

Tyrus might be the superstar for this team in a couple of years.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Wanne @ Nov 10 2007, 01:47 PM) *
I never did get the talk of Deng being an up and coming superstar. Very good player...yes. Superstar....no. There's one thing that Barkley said that is pretty obvious and pretty true. The Bulls are strictly a perimeter team. They don't run hardly any sets for inside plays (no brainer considering Wallace's lack of offense). But we should be working on backdoor cuts and such with Tyrus.

There's one guy that given their team start and all and maybe they'd be willing to retool before the trading deadline...and that's Washington Gilbert Arenas. I wonder what kind of package it would take to land him starting with Gordon.

It would probably take a trade involving deng and/or Gordon to get Arenas.
Balta1701-B
How many teams are there with superstars that don't win championships? Adding a superstar may help if it's a smart deal, but it's certainly no more of a guarantee than any other method of building a team.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Nov 10 2007, 01:15 PM) *
It would probably take a trade involving deng and/or Gordon to get Arenas.

he is going to be free agent pretty soon
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 PM) *
he is going to be free agent pretty soon

But...we don't have the cap space to go after him outside of a sign and trade.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
The only player that has the skill set to be a superstar is Tyrus Thomas and that is way down the line to even ponder at that thought. Deng is a star, Gordon is a good player, Kirk is a good player. We have one star on this team which isn't good enough to compete at an elite level consistantly. One superstar> 1 star and 2 good players. I wish we could just draft someone and have them become a superstar but obviously that hasn't happened since Jordan or perhaps Elton Brand but I wouldn't put him as "Superstar" status, just an allstar. Its waaay too early to panic but this crap can't go on forever; if we get into game 10 and were playing this poorly its time for Pax to start over and trade away some of the core to get us either an allstar or a superstar.
eddog2
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Nov 10 2007, 03:22 PM) *
How many teams are there with superstars that don't win championships? Adding a superstar may help if it's a smart deal, but it's certainly no more of a guarantee than any other method of building a team.

The more important question to ask is how many teams win the championship without a superstar. The only team recently that you may say that about is the Pistons. But the Pistons had Billups, Rip, Wallace, & the most important Rasheed Wallace. We don't have a Rasheed on this team to make the inside outside game work.
eddog2
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 11 2007, 01:20 AM) *
if we get into game 10 and were playing this poorly its time for Pax to start over and trade away some of the core to get us either an allstar or a superstar.

I really think we are waiting til the end of November to make a deal b/c then Nocioni's contract can be traded. Nocioni can't be traded until 3 months after he signed his contract. It is very hard to match salaries unless you trade Ben Wallace. I would really love it if they traded Nocioni, Gordon, & Wallace in a package. Maybe for Kobe or Gasol & Stromile Swift.

If we are going to make a trade I'd really like to trade Kirk, Wallace, & Nocioni to get another PG and another Big. I personally want to keep Deng and Gordon. If we could keep them and get a star PG or star PF/C that would make us the team we need to be (at least offensively). I know everyone hates me for hating on Kirk but you all have to admit that he is showing absolutely no improvement. He's not going to be a late developer like Steve Nash. He's not the answer at PG.

Maybe a deal for Shaun Marion and Leandro Barbosa & Marcus Banks if we have to match salaries? Would Pheonix do that? They then have Kirk as Steve Nash's replacement.

The real problem is Scott Skiles. What a fish to bench the team pretty much the whole second half. He has problems. They don't give Deng or Gordon extensions and then he treats them like they aren't worthy of being on the court. There are going to be some major grumblings in the locker room if this continues. The Bulls don't need a star unless they get a new coach. The reason Skiles didn't work with the Suns is b/c stars won't put up with his spiff.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I'd be so happy to get rid of Ben Wallace. Maybe we could give him to Charlotte or some team that is able to afford him for a first round pick? I just don't ever want to see Duhon in the starting lineup so getting rid of Kirk means we need to get a good point guard in return. I don't see any point guards (the good ones anyway) that would be available to trade. I want no part of Mike Bibby, nor Starbury.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.