Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wallace: "Why am I here"
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
Oh. Joy. What's the phrase, winning brings chemistry?
MONEY, IT'S GOTTA BE THE $15 SHOES ... Ben Wallace, who started and scored five points and 10 rebounds, saw barely eight minutes of action in the second half and delivered a goose egg in the second act as a result.

"It's tough sitting on that sideline watching my teammates get beat up," lamented the former repeat Defensive Player of the Year. "If I can't go out there and help my team get stops down the stretch, then why am I here? Why don't we just go on to the house ... pack it up?"
Hoopsworld
ChitownMan
Makes you wonder how good a coach Skiles really is at this point. Remember he was fired in Phoenix for something and now it appears that he is losing or has lost this team. Unless Ben is hurt again and they are not telling everyone, Ben needs to be playing as many minutes as his body will allow him to play. No way to make him a part time player.
Steve9347
QUOTE (ChitownMan @ Nov 16 2007, 02:59 PM) *
Makes you wonder how good a coach Skiles really is at this point. Remember he was fired in Phoenix for something and now it appears that he is losing or has lost this team. Unless Ben is hurt again and they are not telling everyone, Ben needs to be playing as many minutes as his body will allow him to play. No way to make him a part time player.

You can't blame Skiles for realizing that Wallace is washed up. I'd question him more as a coach if he were just leaving Big Ben in there because he's Ben Wallace. Skiles is putting his best lineup forward, we're just getting beaten. Wallace is pissed because of his PT, but that doesn't make him right.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Note to Ben, "Because you suck" thats why.
GreatScott82
Yo Ben the reason why your not in the game..is because you can't jump higher than 6 inches anymore... this guy is washed up... Rasheed Wallace made Ben extremely better than he really is. Without a legitamate post scorer who can take most of the heat down low, he is garbage.
b-riann
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Nov 16 2007, 07:28 PM) *
Yo Ben the reason why your not in the game..is because you can't jump higher than 6 inches anymore... this guy is washed up... Rasheed Wallace made Ben extremely better than he really is. Without a legitamate post scorer who can take most of the heat down low, he is garbage.

not so much that. ben was as good as everyone made him up to be then, its just now hes older and has an ankle problem. as u said before u made that statement, hes washed up
eddog2
He's not washed up. He's just not worth $15 million. Like someone said he needs to play next to an offensive stud. That's why he thrived in Detroit. That's also why Chandler dominated next to Curry. It's also why Chandler is dominating now next to David West. Curry plays better when the focus is on someone else.

I can't blame him for wanting to get paid but he should have known what he was getting into coming to the Bulls. No low post game. He had a "family" in Detriot. Making $15 million coming to the Bulls and not producing a ring won't win him many friends or have the same type "family" on the court. I kind of feel bad for Wallace b/c I'd hate to play for Skiles as well. He should have taken that all into account and taken the $10-12 million that Detroit would have paid him.

Maybe we could still trade him back to Detroit. I really think they would still have interest in him. We'd probably have to take Nazr' contract back.

Do you think we could get Nazr, McDyess, & Rodney Stuckey for him? Stuckey could develop into a very good quality starting SG. And McDyess's $6 million expires after this season which would create more cap room for us. I think he'd be better off going to Charlotte or Atlanta but they don't have any big contracts to trade for him.

The best place to trade him by far would be San Antonio. I'm not sure they'd be willing to take him but they love defense. They also have 4 players that have expiring contracts. Wallace would thrive next to Tim Duncan. Would they be willing to trade Francisco Elson, Bent Barry, Robert Horry, & Darius Washington? That deal would give them the center needed to play next to Duncan. It would get rid of a bunch of garbage.

Although those players look like junk and won't play much for the Bulls (except Robert Horry who is Mr. Big Time but will likely retire soon) they are all expiring contract. That would give us an extra $15 million in cap room next year. We could sign a big time free agent and still have money for Deng & Gordon. The Spurs don't need the cap room b/c the are over the cap and still wouldn't be able to offer a big time deal to any player.

I'd even be willing to give Nocioni up if they give us more cap room. They also have Michael Finley who's $3M is an expiring contract. The Spurs would definately be better of with Wallace/Nocioni then with what they are giving up. Wallace, Duncan, Nocioni, Ginobili, Parker would be a great lineup.

I'm going to stop talking now b/c my hopes of trading Wallace and Nocioni to clear enough cap room to get a stud probably won't happen b/c nothing good ever happens for the Bulls lately. And even when things look to be good they really aren't.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.