Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luol Deng out at least a week
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Steve9347
This sucks.

Luol Deng hinted that he might miss multiple games and ESPN is reporting that he'll miss at least a week with a back injuy.
"I don't think I'm going to play," said Deng, who may undergo an MRI exam today on what is now being called a bruised ligament. "I'm not even sure about Tuesday [at Denver]. I'm going to be smart about it and wait for it to go away." While the Bulls are slated for three games in Week 4, Deng should be on your reserves until further notice. This could mean good things for Tyrus Thomas over the next 10 days. Nov. 18 - 7:27 am et
Wanne
Good. He needs to sit and rest it. He did not look very good last night and you could tell he just wasn't right for some reason. More minutes for TT is ok with me. Plus...Noc is playing like a beast right now. God I love his energy.
DutheDoduhon21
yeah Lu definently hasnt been himself, he needs to get healthy because we need him.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I know this isn't why but funny how its coming on the day we play Kobe, as if to say "I don't want to even see him because of the fear of being traded." This isn't a small blow to the team but huge, considering were on the longest road trip of the season and he is our best player. What is the lineup?

Kirk
Gordon
Nocioni
Tyrus
Wallace

??
DutheDoduhon21
i think tyrus is in skiles dog house because we hardly saw him against the clippers, and then we didnt see him until halfway through the 3rd quarter yesterday. he should have started over griffin, and been in before thabo.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
This is the lineup I'd like to see tomorrow

Point guard- Kirk
Shooting guard- Thabo
Small Forward- Tyrus Thomas
Power Forward- Ben Wallace
Center- Aaron Gray

With Deng out we could see some Tyrus Thomas at small forward with his improved ball handling. He still isn't where you'd like him to be but its been a really good improvement from last year where he'd dribble off his foot all the time. He has shown that he will drive to the basket more often and can finish at the rim as we all know. Gray is by far our best low post scorer, even for a rookie. I don't understand why he hasn't been given more minutes because he puts points on the board and he just looks so comfortable out there. I'd start him to provide some offense in the front court. If he can just give us a lift offensively I think this lineup works. Thabo will start in place of Gordon because he can guard the bigger guys on the court and allow Kirk to stay on the point guard; plus he's 6'7. As a tall guard I'd like to see him get a post up game.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 19 2007, 05:15 PM) *
This is the lineup I'd like to see tomorrow

Point guard- Kirk
Shooting guard- Thabo
Small Forward- Tyrus Thomas
Power Forward- Ben Wallace
Center- Aaron Gray

With Deng out we could see some Tyrus Thomas at small forward with his improved ball handling. He still isn't where you'd like him to be but its been a really good improvement from last year where he'd dribble off his foot all the time. He has shown that he will drive to the basket more often and can finish at the rim as we all know. Gray is by far our best low post scorer, even for a rookie. I don't understand why he hasn't been given more minutes because he puts points on the board and he just looks so comfortable out there. I'd start him to provide some offense in the front court. If he can just give us a lift offensively I think this lineup works. Thabo will start in place of Gordon because he can guard the bigger guys on the court and allow Kirk to stay on the point guard; plus he's 6'7. As a tall guard I'd like to see him get a post up game.

Wow. Sure, that's the answer, our offense is terrible right now, so let's throw out three guys that can't create their own shot with any kind of regularity, a slow-footed 2nd round rookie, and a guy shooting 32.7% from the field right now to start the game. Why don't we just spot them a 12-2 run and save some time. blink.gif
MB33
with the way where playing right now i would definitely give gray a couple of minutes
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 19 2007, 11:08 PM) *
Wow. Sure, that's the answer, our offense is terrible right now, so let's throw out three guys that can't create their own shot with any kind of regularity, a slow-footed 2nd round rookie, and a guy shooting 32.7% from the field right now to start the game. Why don't we just spot them a 12-2 run and save some time. blink.gif

Is that any different than whats happening right now? Besides anything is better than starting everyones favorite grandpa, and Nocioni is just as good off the bench as a starter, just give him more minutes. He doesn't even want to start he says "If I start its not a good thing" this coming from the Trib.

Or you could just replace Gordon with Kirk to provide more offense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.