Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hawks @ Bulls
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
b-riann
can we get a f***in' win? jesus christ...
Steve9347
QUOTE (b-riann @ Nov 27 2007, 03:53 PM) *
can we get a f***in' win? jesus christ...

To quote the venerable Dr. Evil, "I'm thinking no, Scott."
ZoomSlowik
We really should beat these guys, they're athletic but they're essentially a glorified AAU team with no PG and no frontcourt depth.

Of course that probably means that Johnson will go for about 30, Smith will put up 22-8 with 5 steals and 4 blocks, and Horford will go for 20-20. ph34r.gif
Balta1701-B
13-4 atlanta lead, Bulls shooting 18%, on pace to score 32 points this game. Sweet!!!
b-riann
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Nov 27 2007, 08:05 PM) *
13-4 atlanta lead, Bulls shooting 18%, on pace to score 32 points this game. Sweet!!!

now we have 9 points. YAY
Chicago Bulls Franchise
So far I like Skiles' rotations- putting in Smith for Tyrus, Thabo for Kirk, and Noc for Wallace.
b-riann
on pace for 52. freakin' sweet banghead.gif
Balta1701-B
What's the lowest scoring NBA game in history for 2 teams combined?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Josh Smith is the very best shot blocker in the NBA, how does he do it? This is what I hope Tyrus turns in to, Josh freaking Smith!
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Nov 27 2007, 06:34 PM) *
What's the lowest scoring NBA game in history for 2 teams combined?

answering my own question
The lowest scoring NBA game since the inception of the shot-clock occurred in 1955, with Boston beating Milwaukee 62-57 which adds to 119 points combined.

The lowest score by one team is 49 by Chicago vs. Miami in 1999.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Nocioni is a terrible passer with terrible vision. He's missed Noah on a fastbreak atleast twice so far.
Balta1701-B
We can't even pull off the 2 on 0 fast break.
ZoomSlowik
That was a really stupid play by Hinrich.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Wow, that describes the entire season for Kirk and the Bulls, MISSED OPPURTUNITIES! I feel bad for the guy, he's really unselfish but he should have just laid that one in their.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Joakim is very active tonight, he should get some more minutes with his rebounding.
Balta1701-B
We are outrebounding the Hawks 32-16. 12-3 on the offensive end.
Balta1701-B
And at the end of a fairly fast paced first quarter, the score is 34-30.

Wait...what do you mean it's halftime?
eddog2
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Nov 27 2007, 08:54 PM) *
And at the end of a fairly fast paced first quarter, the score is 34-30.

Wait...what do you mean it's halftime?

At least we are ahead. It's a nice change of scenery. Ben Wallace has 11% of our offense. He's such a beast.

Looks like Lebron took down Boston in OT. 2nd loss of the season. I think 72-10 is safe.
Balta1701-B
Points by bulls in the first quarter: 13

Points by Bulls in the first 4:30 of the 3rd quarter: 17
Balta1701-B
I really hope this is like the spark finally hitting the gas can...
chilord
Even a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Balta1701-B
34 points by the Bulls in the First half.

36 points by the Bulls in the 3rd quarter.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Tyrus is playing well. God I wish he'd foul less. Knowing Skiles he'll sit him out the entire 4th quarter even though he has 12 reboundings and counting..
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 27 2007, 07:38 PM) *
Tyrus is playing well. God I wish he'd foul less. Knowing Skiles he'll sit him out the entire 4th quarter even though he has 12 reboundings and counting..

Eh, this one I understand a little more. Tyrus has, at least to my eyes, been one of our better players/struggled a lot less than some other guys early this season. If we're up big, and TT is playing starters minutes, then we may as well put in a couple of the kids, guys who are struggling, or guys who need some time. Gordon, Hinrich, Thabo immediately come to mind. Noah/Gray as well.
Balta1701-B
But of course, aside from Gordon, no one from that list of mine is in the game right now...
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Start Thabo as the point guard next game! He's tall and can rebound and pass the ball effectively at times. Yes he isn't the greatest decision maker in the world but he can play some pretty good defense. We all know what Duhon is, and that is a role player- he isn't a starter. I'd like to give Thabo a shot for a while to win that point guard starting spot with Kirks complete transformation to one of the worst players on the team.

Above all, we got a win! Finally, now let this be the spark this team needs to go on a nice winning streak. We could use one of those right about now..
Brian
I like the energy Noah provided. Good hands and active away from the ball and down low.
b-riann
90 points + bulls = offensive explosion
eddog2
QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 27 2007, 10:39 PM) *
I like the energy Noah provided. Good hands and active away from the ball and down low.

Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one hating on Kirk's game anymore. I said he sucked last year. Now he looks like the worst starting PG in the league. Maybe we could trade him for Antonio Daniels.

Kirk will probably be fine as the season goes on. He's decent when he's on. Nothing to write home about. Maybe he got paid and decided he didn't need to work on his game this summer. He definately doesn't look better in any single area then he did last year.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Nov 27 2007, 10:59 PM) *
Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one hating on Kirk's game anymore. I said he sucked last year. Now he looks like the worst starting PG in the league. Maybe we could trade him for Antonio Daniels.

Kirk will probably be fine as the season goes on. He's decent when he's on. Nothing to write home about. Maybe he got paid and decided he didn't need to work on his game this summer. He definately doesn't look better in any single area then he did last year.

If he was a rookie, he would be benched. In fact, he isn't even playing like his rookie season, he looks worse than that. I'm one to think he gets hot one month and most of this talk dies down but I wouldn't be sad at all to see him get traded for someone like Channing Frye.
SoxFan1
I like seeing that zero in the turnover column for Tyrus. Nice game.
TeaLeafReaderII
I wonder if Skiles is going to have a quicker hook with Kirk next game... The team really came together with Duhon out there.
madisonsmadhouse
Luol Deng really changed the pace of the game in the third period. Once he started going strong to the basket and forcing the Hawks to collapse, it really opened up the Bulls game. That second half, and more specifically third period was as great as the Bulls O has looked since last year.
eddog2
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 27 2007, 11:37 PM) *
If he was a rookie, he would be benched. In fact, he isn't even playing like his rookie season, he looks worse than that. I'm one to think he gets hot one month and most of this talk dies down but I wouldn't be sad at all to see him get traded for someone like Channing Frye.

Channing Frye is aweful. How about we trade him for Mike Bibby? Bibby had an off year last year but he's still a better PG than Kirk. Only problem his he makes more $ ($13.5 million this year & 14.5 million next year). But 2008/09 is his last year on contract. He can opt out after this year but I doubt he does. Not many team will have more than $13 million to give him in a long term deal.

The only question I have is would he play defense? But as for the passing and shooting aspect he's definately 2 steps up from Kirk (even though he doesn't avg more apg for his career b/c I know someone's going to bring that up). Bibby is a clutch shooter that would work well next to Gordon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.